1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by GWOtaku, Feb 26, 2015.

1. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Via Deadline:

Well......holy crap. That Vixen animated spinoff suddenly makes a lot more sense, doesn't it? The way this is going The CW's going to have its own down-to-earth sort of Justice League going on. Really amazing how far this has come.

Caity Lotz in the mix raises a lot of questions. Seems strange to me she'd be listed with the other big names if she were just intended for fleeting cameos.

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Lazarus pit. Boom.

3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I remember it being brought up in the Arrow thread when Brandon Routh was announced as Ray about the possibility of a Brave and the Bold-esque show that could feature and introduce more heroes and characters into the DCTVU, but I never expected it could actually happen :eek:.

With all the new heroes coming into the universe, I thought it was only a matter of time before we saw a TV Justice League debut, and I could definitely see this helping to build up to that by introducing more characters and mythology. Really, there's just a whole lot of potential in what they can do with this now since it seems like this is meant to really expand the universe, and I'm loving the possibilities :D.

As far as the casting:

- It looks like Ray is leading it as The Atom or will at least get a focus episode :cool:.

-I'm surprised Professor Stein is in it without Robbie Amell as Firestorm, thought maybe Amell is in it and just not listed :)

- Curious to see what Cold's role will be considering he's predominantly focused in Central City and centered on defeating Flash, not to mention the Rogues have yet to fully come together :ack:.

- Caity Lotz being in it is even more interesting since she's supposed to be dead...a part of me thinks we could see the Lazarus Pit involved in bringing her back, but then that would mean we have two Canaries and Laurel loses part of her motivation, so I'm not sure if they'd go with that :sweat:.

4. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

I would like this show to have some "rotation" with it's characters/stories instead an entire season of The Atom, Firestorm, and whoever Caity Lotz is playing. Have a 3-4 episode arc with those characters/story, then once that story concludes, another 3-4 episode arc with a brand new set of characters/story. Or maybe they're doing solo 3-4 episode arcs with team ups here and there. I think a team up premise for this entire series would seem too gimmicky for me. It's more than exciting, but I think it would get old real fast. Assuming it is a legit team up show and that's the format through the entire series, this pairing of The Atom, Firestorm, Captain Cold, and ?? comes off as random to me.

However long this series lasts, and whatever format they do, there better be a QUESTION episode.

5. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Hoping Lotz doesn't return, mostly because conclusions are a good thing.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how this pans out. I thought Atom and Firestorm would make for great winter and summer replacements for Arrow and The Flash, so hopefully this works out like that.

6. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

We had a term for that back in the day. It's called an anthology or "wheel" show. Think back to The Bold Ones back in the 60's, for example.

Of course, I've got my short list of who I want to see, and if Caity Lotz doesn't reprise her Arrow role, maybe she can be plugged in as, oh, I dunno, Zatanna??

7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As much as I'd love to see Zatanna, she's probably caught up in an embargo because of Guillermo Del Toro's Justice League Dark movie.

8. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised by this announcement too much, as I was expecting an Atom series. However, I am puzzled myself, mind you I need to catch up on my Arrow and Flash, but leaves me with a lot of questions.

As I was corrected myself, if the Flash is any indication, maybe not. Besides, Del Toro seems more than willing to collaborate sine he did say in an interview he would incorporate the current TV Constantine into the film. But then again, that's completely untethered from what CW is doing.

9. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

The CW was probably concerned that adding another solo hero series might become repetitive. A sort of team-up series would break that, although to be honest Arrow feels like it is already a solo series. If Ray, Ronnie and Stein are going to be headlining this series I get the sense that it'll probably be the counter to the 'dark' team-up series that is Arrow.

10. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

So it will introduce three new characters.

The site is speculating Rip Hunter, Wildcat, and Static or Black Lightning. Black Lightning is probably the more probable of the two since Static is supposed to have a web show.

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The time-traveller doesn't sound as comedic or as much of a glory-hog as Booster is, so I can definitely see it being Rip Hunter. Not to mention that Booster might be off-limits if his show is getting picked up by some network. But it would be cool if he got a mention by Rip at least :).

Hmm...a new, female, Wildcat would make sense considering we already have Ted on Arrow and he could show up to help develop that. Pantha would fit too.

When I read the third description I instantly thought it was Static, but yeah, if WB are doing their own web-thing with him it would probably have to be Black Lightning. I honestly didn't even know if they still had the TV rights to Milestone characters :sweat:.

12. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

A JLA TV series, perhaps?

13. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

14. RoryWilliams

nice. Looks like the Kendra Saunders version.

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hawkgirl!? Awesome :D!!!

Looking forward to seeing how she's handled on the show, and how her costume will compare to Hawkman's on Smallville :).

Speaking of, I wonder if Hawkman will get a reference in this?

But since they mention the reincarnation angle, that means she's probably also still Shiera/Shayera ;).

16. RoryWilliams

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And now we have Rip Hunter confirmed :D.

That adds another Doctor Who alum to the DCTVU ;).

Same with Hawkgirl, I'm also wondering if we might get a Booster Gold reference from Hunter :)?

I now finally get the reference in you username :sweat:.

#17 Frontier, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
  18. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

So it looks like Shayera Hol is off limits to the DCTVU.

#18 dmxx116, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not necessarily. While the names are different, Kendra is one of Shayera's reincarnations in the comics, and considering how they've mentioned that aspect in her description, presumably it applies to the show as well. Shayera might well get mentioned at one point :).

20. RoryWilliams

They probably went with Kendra because she's the current Hawkgirl in the comics rn, and provides a little more racial diversity. Plus if they're going with the reincarnation thing and Shayera is likely one of her past lives.