1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC Universe Animated Feature" News & Speculation Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Bird Boy, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the The Official Upcoming DC Animated DTV News & Speculation Thread, Part 4, where you can talk about all of DC's upcoming Direct-to-Videos animated features! With a host of DC DTVs on the way, stayed tuned for trailers, interviews, images, reviews, and so much more!

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
    February 23rd, 2010!

Batman: Under the Red Hood
    Coming 2010!
    For the latest news, check out the newest posts in this thread!

Current DTVs Officially Scheduled For Release:
    -Green Lantern: First Flight (Discussion Thread)
    -Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (Discussion Thread)

Archived Threads:
    -The Official DC Animated DTV News & Speculation Thread, Part 3
    -The Official DC Animated DTV News & Speculation Thread, Part 2
    -The Official DC Animated DTV News & Speculation Thread, Part 1

Post Your Thoughts!

Note: Once a DTV title is officially announced, it will be spun off into its own thread. Even if a title has been confirmed as in production, we will wait until an official announcement before creating a thread for said title.

Want to know what Marvel Animation DTVs are coming? Click here for more!

2. S.C.B

S.C.B Too close.

Re: World's Collide

Since this isn't confirmed as being a DVD release, I didn't think that this should go in the DVD discussion thread. If I was in the wrong, I apologise.

I was curious as the actual status of the Justice League: World's Collide DTV that was put on hold when JLU began, as detailed on Karkull's World's Collide page.

Bruce Timm's comments on said page were made two years ago, and I was wondering if anyone knew what the probability of this seeing the light of day was.

(10/31/08) Mod Note: This thread was merged with the current "DTV News" thread.

3. Karkull

Karkull Mod of Chaos

Check the bottom -- the last quote from him was from last year.

Speaking as an out-of-the-loop observer, it's still possible...provided that the box sets sell really well. They might have to tinker with it -- it was originally written to occur between JL and JLU -- but it has a chance of showing up someday.

Where there's demand, there's a way.

4. Alex Weitzman

Alex Weitzman Got Opinions?

Hmm, so you think that, if they were to revive this storyline, they'd make it post-Destroyer? How curious. Can you imagine how crazy-hard they'd have to work to find Crime Syndicate analogs of everybody in JLU?

(OT note: I turn 23 today. Whoopee! :))

5. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

I really don't see this happening...
    I was upset when they cancelled it, but I just read that page, and it actually sounds...pretty dumb. I'm very sick of alternate reality/dimension/time travel stuff and this sounds less interesting that the stuff that's already been done in that vein.

6. HeyBats

HeyBats New Member

I forgot that this story had ever been developed.

Is there a chance we'll ever see it? Sure there's a chance. There's also a chance that I will be dating a supermodel tomorrow, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that to happen anytime soon either.:)

I would venture that since we're getting a S:TAS Brainiac attacks DTV about seven years after the last airing of S:TAS, then you can expect the World's Collide DTV in 2013. ;)

Since they'll be on Social Security at that point :p , maybe some of the producer's children (do any of them have kids?) can take over the JL franchise and give us the DTV in next generation CGI. Then we'll have the answer to the long-awaited question of where the Invisible Jet came from.

Wait a second, upon further reading, we'll have the answer to where AN Invisible Jet came from. After all, its not necessarily THE IJ. Just because there's only one IJ in the entire DCU, it wouldn't be the definitive IJ. :rolleyes:

7. Karkull

Karkull Mod of Chaos

I said they could, not necessarily that they would. In fact, they probably won't.

And, even if they did, who said they'd need analogues for the whole League?

I'd rather see the Crime Syndicate than Superman versus recast Luthor and recast Brainiac, but what do I know?

8. SuperChicken

SuperChicken 'I'll take the Dragon....'

Well, as it was supposed to be a story that bridges the two league structures, one would think they could do it as an explanation as to why - liek someone new asks GL, 'hey what started you guys off to gather the rest of us?' -- and off it goes...

9. Wade Kruse

Wade Kruse Member

Personally, I feel the story would cheapen "A Better World" a bit...we've already had two "the league meets alternate versions of itself" episodes...I think a third would make it kind of redundant. I'd rather see a DTV based around say, maybe Vandal Savage...or the Near Apocalypse of '09.

10. Mr. Obsession

Mr. Obsession Active Member

I have to wonder, if World's Collide ever did get off the ground who would be in the Crime Syndicate's roster?

Ultraman, Superwoman, and Owlman are givens. But the rest? Johnny Quick and Power Ring, I assume. Given that WC was originally set to take place between Starcrossed and Initiation, I wonder. Would the CS also include their own version of Hawkgirl who's on thier Earth for the same reason Shayera came to the League's?

Ultraman, Superwoman, Owlman, Johnny Quick, Power Ring, and Hawkgirl vs. Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, J'onn, GL, and Flash.

Or maybe they we're going to go with an evil version of Aquaman or something.

11. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator

Not really, because where as The Justice Lords were exact counterparts to the league, the Crime Syndicate Members are different individuals. For instance: Ultraman's real name isn't Clark Kent, nor is he Kryptonian. Power Ring (Criminal GL) has no relations to Hal Jordan, Alan Scott, Kyle Rayner or John Stewart.

I'd agree, that they could use a flashback to keep it abridged between JL and JLU. Could even have Bruce Timm explain the the time frame. After all it's easy to explain with JL having only 7 members and JLU having 60 or so members.

Would Lex's Heroic Counterpart be a likely character for the movie? Also was the Luthor of the CSA World named Lex or Alexander?

12. Simpler Simon

Simpler Simon Always in Style

Some elements I do find redundant, but others (like a truly heroic Luthor) have potential.

Since this was a concept the team came up with rather than one forced upon them, I'm sure they could've made it unique somehow.

13. Sue

Sue Hawk Groupie

I agree. If and when Warner Bros. gets around to a DTV, I'd rather see something completely different, something that picks up where the series left off instead of retreading its past.

14. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

I'm always down for new JL adventures but we've already had the Justice Guild & the Justice Lords. Do we really need to go to that well again? I'd like to see the Darkseid-Apokalips story resolved. Darkseid has been MIA since 'Twilight' & there's been a civil war ever since. I would like to see the dictator return, kill all that noise, & set his latest plan in motion

15. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

The Luthor of the anti-matter universe in which the modern CSA reside ("Earth-2") was indeed named Alexander. Ultraman's civilian identity, though, is in fact Clark Kent, although you are correct in that he isn't Kryptonian.

16. Revelator

Revelator In summary then: "Oh no."

So wise, yet so young. God how I hate your guts.
    Try not to get too plastered. :D (Something bad might happen, and then we'd be forever deprived of that Destroyer review!)

17. Karkull

Karkull Mod of Chaos

Man, talk about going back to the well! I'd be happy to never see Darkseid again.

18. Arkangel

Arkangel Member

Amen to that!

19. S.C.B

S.C.B Too close.

Personally, I think it'd be neat to have it set before JLU - there's a certain nostalgia seeing just the original seven heroes fight evil (or six heroes, as the case would probably be - no Shayera).

It would be interesting to see GL's emotional state at that time too, not to mention the League in general. With no Watchtower and only a vague idea of what they're going to do in the aftermath of the invasion, they're all bound to be feeling lost and demoralised.

THOSE are the reasons I'd like to have the DTV see the light of day - the League pulling themselves up from Shayera's betrayal and starting the new League. Having to fight pure evil in the form of the Crime Syndicate would be an excellent way to show this transition, too.

20. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

I would love for them to pull this off the shelf. The Crime Syndicate was a great team of villains and nothing like The Justice Lords if you ask me. The story has a lot of potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.