1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

DC Super Heroes vs. Eagle Talon comedy anime

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Otaku-sempai, Mar 22, 2017.

1. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Damn, they're just stunt-casting live action actors. That being said, Yasuda Ken is a brilliant choice. His performance as An'no Hide'aki (creator of Shin Seiki Evangelion) in the semi-biographical Aoi Hono'ou was brilliant beyond comparison.

2. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Wow. The VA they got for Harley Quinn is Cute.

3. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Aah snap! Veteran voice actors will voice the Justice League.

[​IMG]

Superman: Suzumura Ken'ichi (Myoue from Kyousougiga, Murasakibara from Kuroko no Baske, Shinn from Gundam SEED Destiny)
    Wonder Woman: Matsumoto Rika (Satoshi from Pokemon and former member of JAM Project)
    The Flash: Namikawa Daisuke (Al from Gundam 0080, Rotom Zuukan from Pokemon)
    Aquaman: Nakai Kazuya (Roronoa Zoro from One Piece, Date from Sengoku BASARA)
    Cyborg: Takagi Wataru (Aoki from Hajime no Ippo, Uchiha Obito from Naruto)

Wow, this is a dream cast right here. Although Matsumoto has barely played any characters other than Satoshi for the past twenty years she has continued to voice him diligently without losing enthusiasm. I always felt like she played a character of being an older sister-type in her performances with JAM Project, so I'm glad to see her voicing a female character again. Casting Suzumura as Superman is a good selection, too. He can play many different kinds of roles, whether it's comedy or serious roles. I think he'll bring a lot of his usual sweetness to the character.

Namikawa Daisuke is known as the 'busiest voice actor' in Japan with how much he works. He began his career as a child actor, voicing Alfred in the 1989 OVA Kidou Senshi Gundam 0080: Pocket no Naka no Sensou but in modern times he's probably better known for his work on Pokemon, Ulquiorra Cifer from Bleach, and Hisoka from the 2011 version of Hunter x Hunter. Aquaman is an interesting casting, too. Nakai Kazuya is known for voicing Zoro from One Piece, but also has a nice legacy of voicing cocky and charismatic characters, too. Aquaman's expression in the above picture definitely matches Nakai Kazuya's skill.

The biggest surprise, I think, is the fifty-one year old Takagi Wataru as Cyborg. Takagi can definitely do serious roles, but he's typically typecast as comedic characters, like Shiba Ganju in Bleach. Cyborg definitely doesn't look like he'll be a comedy character here, though!

Also, hot damn do those designs and colors the best I've seen from a DC project. I hope they're not just from the promotional art. I hope Park Sunghoo got to draw them for more than a few cuts.

#23 KYO'NYUU IMOUTO, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  4. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

August 4th:
    Looks Pretty Cool. I cant say much for Superman's VA Since I have not seen his works, but I'll Throwdown the rest:

Wonder Woman is going to be voiced by Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters, Oh Goodness. I can Pretty much see all the Mash-ups now with Diana wearing the Millenium Ring & being like Florence on the Abridged Series. Somebody send this to LittleKuriboh now Since he approved of Kenjiro Tsuda's Kylo Ren.

The Flash is now voiced by Hisoka, Oh Boy. I mean this is amusing since Hisoka was based after the Joker so it's not a stretch but it is given since Barry is a Man of Science like Dr. Genus from One Punch Man.

Kazuya Nakai as Aquaman? Tagoma from Dragon Ball is now King of the Ocean while working for Freezer. Well I guess it will make the Whales reference on DBZA a little funnier.

Given how Wataru Takagi has a history of voicing Black Characters, he seems like a Solid Fit. Now I want Cyborg to be called "Mister Volleyball" like his character on Beelzebub.

August 6th:
    I also like to state from the same article as well:
    https://www.cinematoday.jp/news/N0093412
    Mitsuo Iwata (Chanpa from Dragon Ball Super, Kaneda from Akira & Mic Saunders the 13 from King of Braves GaoGaiGar) will be voicing the Penguin.

Mod Note: Double Post merged.

8/20: Trailer just Came up.

And as well more Info.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news...-previews-songs-by-kenken-glim-spanky/.120352
    The Movie is gonna be narrated by Akio Ohtsuka (Batou from Ghost in the Shell & Dimple from Mob Psycho 100)

#24 WebMasterSage, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2017
  5. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

It looks...Alright. Maybe I misjudged the movie too harshly and too early, but god damn do I want a movie animated like the parts where the league is better animated