1. Enter for a chance to win "Digimon Adventure tri.: Reunion" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  3. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"DC Super Hero Girls" Webisodes Talkback (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 1, 2015.

?

Discuss and Rate this Animated Series!

1. *****

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

My contributions for this episode...

1. I'm surprised Harley wasn't held accountable for cheating

2. Supergirl and Wonder Woman's fists must be heavy, because their fist bump sounded like punching.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

March 23rd:
    Either today's short is really late, or we're going back to the 2 week pattern.

April 7th:
    Here are the LEGO DC Superhero Girls shorts.

"Get Your Cape On" Music Video:

Batgirl and Lena Luthor sound different. It sounds like Kate Micucci and Tara Strong voiced them. Beyond that, I like them.

• Like Like x 2
    #262 SweetShop209, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's definitely not Mae Whitman as Batgirl. She sounds a little more like Danica Mckellar, but I don't think that's her either. I'm also not sure if that's still Romi Dames as Lena, but I'm pretty sure whoever it is also voiced Mad Harriet.

So it looks like Lena and the Kryptomites will now be consistently the main antagonists for the series going forward, given their increased prominence in the webisodes, movies, and these Lego shorts :evil:.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

These were fun. Nice seeing Lena as a full-out villain though it doesn't exactly make sense yet considering where the webisodes left off. The Kryptomites have some interesting and funny effects. The rainbow one was a pretty creative idea.

I think my favorites are "Need for Speed" and "Trading Places". I like the trick of Batgirl and Supergirl posing as each other (a trick Batman and Superman have tried out a couple of times if I'm not mistaken). Also nice seeing more of Killer Moth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think that one grunt is the first Hal line Keaton's gotten in like forever :sweat:.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

So they opted to dump 4 shorts on a Friday afternoon unannounced. I think the rumor was 6 shorts and a TV special so a few more. That music video has some upcoming scenes, too.

Trading Places was probably my favorite. Supergirl as Batgirl was amusing.

Yeah, I guess if this is canon to the other stuff, it must be post-Intergalactic Games or whenever they find out Lena is a supervillain for the first time.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SweetShop209

Here are two more Lego shorts.

Here is a mini trailer for the Lego shorts.

• Like Like x 2
    #267 SweetShop209, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  8. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Calling it, Jennifer Hale is Mad Harriet here.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

"Showdown"

Artemiz was pretty amusing in this short. Theymyscira.

Katana has a younger brother. Check. Katana was also pretty cool in this one.

"Wonder Waitress"

Oh, Grodd. :D

Good to know Wonder Woman is terrible at one more thing.

So Krypto's on Earth now. So glad when these stuff is released out of order. :p

• Like Like x 2
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think "Showdown" was my favorite from these. It was straight-forward but still pretty entertaining. The gag about how to pronounce Themyscira was amusing. It's pretty nice the Female Furies are getting more exposure here. It seems like them and Lena Luthor are the main villains of this series.

"Wonder Waitress" was fun, I liked the fight with Mad Harriet and Grodd's role here, with the pie emergency. Neat seeing Krypto as well, his brief scene with that Kryptomite was pretty funny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SweetShop209

I'm going to assume that these shorts form the Lego special we've heard about.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TheModster

TheModster New Member

You can definitely tell there are different writers between the main and lego webisodes. This characterization of the relationship between Wonder Woman and her mom is very different. It's more strained, and honestly hard for me to watch because I really liked the way their relationship was established in "Hero of the Year". This was probably my least favorite among the Lego shorts because of that. There were plenty of funny moments I enjoyed, though. And the pep talk Wonder Woman gave to Supergirl and Batgirl was quite sweet. :D It was also interesting to hear that Wonder Woman's Aunt Antiope is the dean of admissions at Themyscira Academy.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm...I wonder when we'll see these "episodes" combined into a special proper? I could see CN fitting it in alongside airings of the other Lego DC movies :).

I can't help but think now that all those times we've seen the rest of the cast win Hero of the Month it's been one of the rare times Wonder Woman hasn't won :p.

Yeah, Hippolyta here was a sharp contrast to her portrayal in the main series, where she's far from being as condescending and rude as she was depicted in this Lego special or as critical of her daughter. Pretty jarring shift in characterization, though I guess being standoffish and dismissive of Man's World isn't all that uncommon as far as portrayals of the Queen of the Amazons go :shrug:.

I'm still really curious to know who voiced Batgirl here. I know it's not Mae Whitman, but she sounds really familiar o_O.

It was cool seeing Eclipso as a villain again. It was teased at the end of "Hero of the Year" that there was something going on with her castle after she'd been carted away with Dark Opal, but this seems completely unrelated to that. Though her plan to forego returning to Gemworld by terraforming Earth seems like a sensible direction for her to go after her last defeat :eek:.

I'm guessing between Eclipso, Lena, and the Furies we have the three primary villains for DC Super Hero Girls :evil:.

I'm guessing all these Kryptomite appearances are giving us an idea of what we can expect to see for the rest of the season for the main series :cool:.

Wonder Woman's bracelets must be pretty advanced if they can call-on her Wonder-Cycle at a moment's notice :rolleyes2:.

So...are the girls going to take Lena to jail? Because even if she did try to help the heroes, though Batgirl and Supergirl ended up doing most, if not all, of the work, she still assisted Eclipso's plan up until she erased their previous agreement. I'm just wondering because, outside Supergirl dropping Lena on her butt again, it seemed like all's well that ends well at the end there :sweat:.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It was a fun 22 minutes or so. Not the best one, but again, I'm a little bored with another story starring Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, and Bumblebee...

I thought it was because she was under the Purple Kryptomite's spell the whole time. Would also account for her not recognizing Commissioner Gordon and her attitude.

Plus she now knows the location of a Batbunker...

It was a rather abrupt ending. They could throw her in Themyscira's Guilt Pit. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. SweetShop209

1. I’m going to assume that Danica McKellar voiced Batgirl in the Lego shorts. The voice she uses is a lot similar to her Madelyn Dinkley voice from “Scooby Doo: Abracadabra Doo”.

2. Batgirl, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman getting more focus is probably an allusion to how Superman, Batman, and Wondy herself get the most exposure of the Justice League members in real life.

3. I would believe these shorts to be in alternate continuity where they’re inspired by the show, but not fitting into the actual lore of the show. I don’t really mind Hippolyta’s more stern characterization here given that it’s mostly in the first act.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

For Art's Sake | Episode 308 | DC Super Hero Girls

It's cool to have new episodes again, and seeing Miss Moone, Silver St. Cloud and the Double Dare Twins. Plus, this was another nice spotlight episode for Katana. I'm guessing this is supposed to be a tie-in or something for the "Out of the Bottle" comic. The ending was pretty funny.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SweetShop209

According to Shea Fontana, Grey DeLisle Griffin voiced Silver St. Cloud while April Stewart voiced Miss Moone.

• Informative Informative x 4
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Fun fact, my DVR just randomly picked up this episode a few days ago, so I got to watch it ahead of time :).

Nice finally seeing Enchantress get a speaking role, as well as Silver St. Cloud making her animated debut :anime:.

Though Silver looks like she's aged 10 years compared to her appearance in the comic :sweat:.

I wonder if she's close to whatever age Bruce Wayne is in this universe? Hmm....

Grey Griffin is racking up the roles as Batman love interests. Catwoman, Vicki Vale, Samantha from Batman vs. Robin, and now Silver St. Cloud...and that's not counting the times she's played characters interested in Batman (Black Canary, Magpie...). She's probably going to end up being cast as Talia at some point at this rate :p.

This show sure does like using the Double Dare Twins, since this is probably their third or fourth appearance. Not that I mind, given they're fun villains :evil:.

I wonder where the twins got that Kryptonite? Did Lena maybe give it to them? Or maybe they filched it from that old lady who grabbed it in the special :rolleyes2:?

It was really cool seeing Katana get the spotlight in this episode and basically save the day solo (sorry Supergirl). We've complained in the past about how marginalized she's been in the past, especially compared to the rest of the cast, but I think now the series has been much better about giving her the spotlight and focus :cool:.

• Like Like x 3
    #278 Frontier, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

308 (47) For Art's Sake

Indeed, planned or not, it was nice to have a 'tie-in' to the Out of the Bottle comic - funny how the first issue also had a focus on Katana with appearances by Moone, Moone waiting way too patiently for a student(s) to finish their project, and Silver St. Cloud as well as St. Cloud commending Katana. But most of all, a Katana-centric webisode. Yes!!!

Double Dare twins was a nice choice as the thieves of the webisode. With their acrobatic and carnival background from the comics, their skills were on display in this issue. As for the Kryptonite, in the first graphic novel, Lex Luthor did say it's pretty easy to find if you know where to look on the Internet. Plus, Superman's been on Earth for about 20 years so it makes sense Kryptonite is fairly easy to acquire illegally.

Always nice to see characters from the other mediums debut in the webisodes, here with Moone and St. Cloud. Two great callbacks as well. One, the superproof steel door -- that came up in the first TV special with the door to the Boom Tubes. Two, Katana's "finished" painting at the end. In the Super Hero High Yearbook, Katana's page was page 20 in the book. And on it, the painting. A caption noted it won an award at the Student Art Show Fundraiser. So now we know why. St. Cloud loved it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    #279 Yojimbo, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  20. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wildside Pt 1 | Episode 309 | DC Super Hero Girls

Pretty cool we're getting another multi-part story. Nice scenes with all the animals and the short fight with Lion-Mane. The old man trying to escape a sloth (I think) was amusing. Wonder what will happen next, and if Beast Boy will still be affected by Lion-Mane's powers.

• Like Like x 2