1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs on Twitter and Facebook!
    Go here to Follow Us and RT on TWITTER
    Go here to Like our page and Share the Giveaway Post on FACEBOOK
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"DC Super Hero Girls" Webisodes Talkback (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 1, 2015.

?

Discuss and Rate this Animated Series!

1. *****

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder when everyone is going to find out Lena is behind the Kryptomites, let alone that she's a Luthor :ack:?

I'm not sure she's done anything to really get herself in trouble since I'm pretty sure she's not deliberately sicking the Kryptomites on peole, though I guess she's liable for the damage they caused and for not telling anyone about them :shrug:.

Not to mention we've seen images of Lena in something akin to Lex's traditional Warsuit, so we might see her take on a more traditional Supervillain role in the future :eek:.

Ivy and Frost, science sisters :anime:.

Interesting take on the colored Kryptomites having different effects, just like the colored Kryptonites in the comics, only these effect more then juts Kryptonians. Curious what other colors/effects we might see...

Heh. Josh Keaton saves Josh Keaton :p.

Funny how saving the day once again relies on using those spray guns like when the girls attempted to find Wonder Woman's jet ;).

Oh Harley :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe the next DTV or TV Special?

My favorite part.

Yes! I cracked up when I heard them converse.

She doesn't learn At least this time she's not breaking time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Seeing Red | Episode 305 | DC Super Hero Girls

Pretty nice stuff. The characters fighting with each other were kind of amusing. Waller & Grodd was probably my favorite scene. Interesting twist that Red Kryponite affects humans, but not Tamaranians. Also, Thunder and Lightning. :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Really cool to see Starfire take the lead role here and save everyone :cool:.

I guess it's fitting that Tamaraneans, being as in-tuned with their emotions as they are, aren't effected by the emotion-altering efects of the Krytpomites :).

I'm pretty sure that's Cree Summer and Masaya Moso reprising Thunder and Lightning from the Black Lightning DC Nation shorts. Pretty awesome to finally see sisters getting some lines and showing off their powers :D.

Holy crud, Waller judo-flipped Grodd :eek:.

Beast Boy looked so ineffectual against Supergirl there :p.

Reverse-psychology saves the day :anime:.

Harley's probably getting off lucky, all things considered :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

So cool to see Starfire get her own episode! And to boot she used her brains more than her powers to save the school from the Red Kryptomite.

Nice bonus to hear Thunder and Lightning and see them in action plus Waller tossing Grodd with a judo throw. I think that's the first bit of action Waller's had on the delivering end.

Definitely a different animation studio did this episode, imo. The facial expressions and some subtleties with the designs sort of imply it.

EDIT: Funny Fox was referenced in both today's webisode and yesterday's comic.

EDIT2: I just realized the Thunder and Lightning fight would have happened whether there was a Red Kryptomite around or not. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #245 Yojimbo, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Spring Prison Break | Episode 302 | DC Super Hero Girls

So this is how Barda redeemed herself. Task Force X was a pretty nice surprise. Nice action scenes for Frost. I thought the agony matrix was something invented for the DCAU.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Shea Fontana confirmed that Jessica DiCicco and Tom Kenny voiced Lashina and Brian. I can't help but imagine Star Sapphire saying much of what Lashina said since she voices both of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It feels weird seeing "Task Force X" used in any context in this series, given it's relation to the Suicide Squad and the darker side of the DCU, but at the same time it felt appropriate to use for a group carrying out secret mission's for Waller and was a cool reference :cool:.

Not to knock the Frost/Katana team, but given the possible severity of the situation (a jailbreak of various supervillains) you'd think Waller would make sure there were a few other heroes there o_O.

Granted, this episode did showcase just how powerful Frost is, as she takes down two Furies fairly easily :proud:.

Always nice to get more Katana :anime:.

Lashina was one of the glaring absence from the Furies in the special, so it's nice to finally see her make her debut here. Jessica DiCicco doesn't voice villains very often so it was fun seeing her play against type here, and I though Lashina had a very interesting and cool design here :cool:.

It feels like they're setting her up to be new head of the Female Furies to replace Barda now that she's turned into a hero, so I imagine that'll be interesting to see develop (and seems like it will play into the new movie to some degree). And while she didn't succeed in freeing any of the Furies in this episode, she did at least avoid capture, which is fairly impressive ;).

Always nice to see the classic Furies team of Lashina, Stompa, and Mad Harriet :evil:.

It was really neat getting more insight into how Barda ended up reforming and joining Super Hero High. I expected we'd just leave it at her grabbing the brochure and then jump straight into Hero of the Year, but seeing her help Frost and Katana prevent the escape of her fellow Furies is definitely the kind of example of heroism that would lead Waller to accept Barda into Super Hero High :).

I almost kind of wish wish we had gotten to see Frost and Katana supporting Barda acclimate to Super Hero High and defending her against Shiva's accusations in the movie given the setup for the two being Barda's biggest proponents after their adventure here...but of course that probably would have spoiled this episode :sweat:.

Poor Brian :p.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Ha ha, just talking about Lashina from the trailer. I think that tank in her LEGO release as well. Dug how she was a lot more skilled than Stompa and Mad Harriet and defeated Frost. Though I did laugh that she only freed Stompa and Harriet -- unless Belle Reve did the smart thing and kept them split up throughout the campus and they were just the first stop.

It was a nice treat to get a 'prelude' of sorts to Hero of the Year and nice to get confirmation it took place during spring break. I'd guessed as much. Nice callback er.. call forward to Barda's love of mashed potatoes. heh.

But happy to see it featured Frost and not someone in the main cast. She's getting a lot of great exposure in the webisodes. That swirling mist thing she did to Stompa was a neat move. Pity Katana didn't get as much action.

Agony Matrix was an unexpected and interesting reference. I'm pretty sure it was created for JLU and not pre-existing in the comics.

• Like Like x 2
  10. knightowl

knightowl New Member

Is the special that introduced the Furries still not available anywhere to stream online? My daughter and I have watched every episode and the movie, but this was the first time that I felt like there was a distinct gap in prior story because of the exclusive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

The Furries? You mean the Furies. The other has a whole 'nother connotation. A much fuzzier one. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

No, the special is currently not available. It was on Cartoon Network's site for awhile but has since been taken off.

13. SweetShop209

Either today's short is coming out later than usual, or they went back to the ''one short every two weeks'' pattern.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Around Metropolis in 80 Seconds | Episode 307 | DC Super Hero Girls

Pretty nice race. Figures Wonder Woman would have invisible cloaking tech for her bike. Harley's car was cool and as expected filled with tricks.

I liked that brief bit with Batgirl and her dad, or Steve Trevor's reaction to seeing Wonder Woman whizz by. Also, nice to see more of the Double Dare Twins. Plus, puns relating to weapons. :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. SweetShop209

It's like something straight out ofpf Wacky Races

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't know how this street race would have proved who's faster given they're not even using their natural abilities to race each other this time, but I guess we need an excuse to promote toys :rolleyes2:.

It's still kind of weird to see Wonder Woman and Supergirl racing each other in cars and motorcycles :sweat:.

It's interesting, though, that Wonder Woman and Supergirl are even when it comes to flight-speed. Kryptonian's usually have super-speed going in their favor, though I guess Diana also has the swiftness of Hermes :cool:.

Poor Barry. Though I guess it was fitting having the Fastest Boy Alive attend a racing competition ;).

They sure seem to be giving Frost a lot of screentime lately. Not that I mind :D.

I have a feeling Barbara isn't going to be able to keep that bargain with Jim. Especially if she's in pursuit of a criminal :ack:.

Oh Steve :proud:.

Nice seeing the Double Dare Twins again, even if they were captured just as quickly as in their last appearance :anime:.

Is anyone surprised Harley jumped at the chance to join a street race? I'm almost surprised we didn't see some more of her patented road rage. Though having her be the winner was a nice twist, even if she kind had to break the law to do it :p.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, it's not the first time DC Animation has done a tribute to Wacky Races. See Teen Titans "Revved Up" or Batman: The Brave and the Bold "Death Race To Oblivion!". By comparison, this looks pretty tame. :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Ha, Harley gets the cake again like at the end of "Batgirl vs. Supergirl."

Yeah, a lot of the new stuff is appearing in the newly released LEGO sets but I have a feeling it's got another purpose, too. Along with releasing shorts weekly instead of every other, I think they're on a prerogative to release x amount of shorts before May when Intergalactic Games comes out because there's characters/objects/arcs that need to be set up and introduced before the movie.

Comes to show how much Supergirl improved since the TV special. WW was right to feel a little challenged. Heh.

I found it amusing Gordon would help with a night race even if it meant cordoning off streets in the city just to help his daughter and her friends -- not like it would inconvenience the probable millions that live in Metropolis were trying to commute home. #OverthinkingIt

• Like Like x 2
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Now that you mention it, I figure we'll probably see these vehicles pop up for the competition in Intergalactic Games, and we also have Lashina introduced :).

Let it never be said Jim Gordon doesn't have a weak spot when it comes to his daughter :rolleyes2:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Heh, so running a search on the LEGO sets we will probably see Yellow, Orange, Blue, and Purple Kryptomites, Ivy's Motorbike, Lena's Jet, Harley's Jet and Bumblebee's Helicopter, real soon...