1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"DC Super Hero Girls" Webisodes Talkback (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 1, 2015.

?

Discuss and Rate this Animated Series!

1. *****

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hero of the Month: Lady Shiva | Episode 226 | DC Super Hero Girls

Pretty neat stuff. The Shiva and Flash moment seemed a little random but other than that, I liked how they showcased her skills here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Flash and Shiva bondering over a mutual love of science, or at least the science of punching, was kind of random. Though it looks like there's a mutual attraction brewing between the two :rolleyes2:.

Shiva and Barda's idea of a "girl's night out" involving beating the tar out of thugs is just perfect, especially with those Batman '66 style sound-effects :D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Okay...so they aired "Cold Blooded" as the season 2 finale but continue with season 2. lol. I wonder if the Beast Boy one will be posted on the 24th or be used as the start of season 3 on the 26th...

Agreed, Shiva and Flash was pretty random. But great to finally have Barda on a webisode. They're starting to catch up with the GNs and comics, heh.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out the Season 3 premiere, "Batnapped":

Pretty nice stuff - I thought Killer Moth was hilarious. Cool foreshadowing with Lena Luthor. The Super Best Friends moment was a neat way to end the episode.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Shea Fontana confirms that Romi Dames voiced Lena.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Batgirl vs. Killer Moth (voiced by Phil LaMarr) is always nice to see, given their history in the comics, though I wasn't expecting Moth to turn out to be after Batgirl in order to get her to form a new kind of dynamic duo. You have to admire his enthusiasm, if nothing else :p.

Babs sure seems to be attracting quite a few endearingly dorky admirers, who also just happen to be criminals. I wonder if this is a riff on all the female Supervillains who've had things for Batman over the years :rolleyes2:?

Only a shop class run by Will Magnus would have you building hi-tech motorcycles and jet's :cool:.

I guess the series has now gone into full-blown merchandising mode, as Wonder Woman is now working on her own Wonder-Cycle and Supergirl, who can, y'know, fly, now inexplicably has a jet adapted from her rocket ship :sweat:.

Lena Luthor makes her long-awaited debut, as well as being the long-awaited character slated to be voiced by Romi Dames, and in an interesting twist is the new IT girl for Super Hero High to replace Barbara (she even wears glasses!) :).

She obviously doesn't seem to be much to worry about right now, though she seems to have a keen interest in Supergirl and the pieces of Krypton she was able to salvage from Kara's ship. It's probably telling that she didn't mention her last name to the girl's as well. given their experience with her brother :ack:.

Heh, "World's Finest" indeed. Though I don't think Superman or Batman have ever had their own BFF handshake :anime:.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I chuckled at how ridiculous that Mothjet looked yet it was so aerodynamic. So Silver Age.

Felt a little sorry for Killer Moth, sure he was overeager but he just needed a pal. Funny he and Firefly debuted on DCSHG at around the same time. Hmm.

Nice to see Magnus finally appear on a webisode.

Agreed, great idea to have Lena as the new I.T. girl. Can't be a student but I.T. -- hired. lol. And I guess we know how she was able to make those Kryptomites in the trailer.

• Like Like x 2
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, Killer Moth is usually portrayed as a pretty lame villain in animation, but I think this was the first time I really felt some sympathy for him. Hopefully we haven't seen the last of him, he could make a pretty good recurring opponent.

The secret handshake at the end kind of reminded me of the Super Best Friends Forever shorts. All that was missing was Wonder Girl. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

I gotta say, I did enjoy Killer Moth here. It's honestly pretty adorable how he wants Batgirl to be his partner. I wonder if, on the off chance he shows up again, we'll see his giant mutant form. Bonus points if someone calls it a moth-strosity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

You didn't sympathize with his trying to be a good father to both Kitty and Silkie in the original Teen Titans cartoon :p?

• Like Like x 1
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Surprise | Episode 306 | DC Super Hero Girls

Pretty fun stuff. But I have to wonder what the present actually was. :p

Also a nice surprise to have a new episode this week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Wow, kinda makes you wonder just how on the rails Babs kind of is.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SweetShop209

The fact we got another short after just 1 week is a bit surprising. I'm not complaining though. I think there was something about Lego shorts for this series. Maybe they're shuffling the order around to air them close to each other. More to the point, it's another fun one. The ending is slightly cruel, but funny enough that I can let it slide. For some reason, I half expected Babs to say that she figured someone was trying to sneak into her room, and prepared for it. At least we saw inside her room.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm kind of surprised Bumblebee and Katana agreed to go along with Harley, since chances are Babs wouldn't appreciate the gift that much knowing Harley's brand of prankster gift-giving :sweat:.

Always nice to see Katana getting a little more screentime :).

Well, she is a Bat. Stands to reason she would have a pretty extensive security system for her room ;).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

'Eh' episode. Only saving grace is Katana was in a starring role.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SweetShop209

"Hero Of The Year" had the start of Beast Boy and Hawkgirl's budding friendship. Her Hero Of The Month short had him congratulate her first. Now it's full circle as she's the first to congratulate him.

• Like Like x 2
    #236 SweetShop209, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2017
  17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not a lot to talk about this time. It's pretty cool Beast Boy got the "Hero of the Month" title as well, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess it's fitting that Beast Boy, being probably the most prominent male character in the series, would be the first boy at Super Hero High to get their own, solo, Hero of the Month short :).

I wonder if we'll see other boys receive it, like Flash and Green Lantern? Catwoman, Miss Martian, Barda, and Cheetah are the only other prominent females left to receive it as well, barring some new students turning up :rolleyes2:.

Nice to see how far Hawkgirl and BB's relationship has come ;)

Of course Star Sapphire would celebrate a "quarter birthday." She's wealthy enough to afford it :p.

When did Beast Boy start saying "momma" all the time? I honestly don't remember him doing it that much on the original Teen Titans cartoon. Is it a TTG! thing :sweat:?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

About time they posted this one from season 2.

I wondered if that Shadow Demons scene was from Hero of the Year but lit as day instead of night.

I was surprised Cyborg wasn't among the commentators but Waller's surprise was funny enough.

Yup, those are the last six of the main-recurring students left to win it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

February 10th:
    Yeah, Cyborg's absence was pretty suspicious considering their friendship. It would have been nice if they went with a triple Hero of the Month award and gave it to Beat Boy at the same time as Cyborg & Starfire, a few episodes ago.

Waller's surprised reaction at the start of the episode was probably the best part. :p

February 16th:
    Tales from the Kryptomites Part 1 | Episode 303 | DC Super Hero Girls

Pretty neat stuff. I don't really have much to say but it's nice we're apparently getting a multi-part story.

February 23rd:
    Tales from the Kryptomites Pt 2 | Episode 304 | DC Super Hero Girls

Pretty nice fight scenes with the Kryptomites.

I'm sure nothing bad can happen if Harley keeps the Red one. :p

• Like Like x 1