1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC Super Hero Girls" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Apr 7, 2017.

1. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Admittedly, this took me by surprise, but I look forward to Lauren's take on the DC Superhero Girls world, and I'm glad that Shea Fontana's series is still going on. I do wonder about the direction of the 2018 series. Obviously, it will be more lighthearted compared to other DC cartoons, though it will start out more standalone like the current version did in the beginning, or start out with a more story driven direction like the current version is currently doing. That description with Harley implies she's more like the traditional version of the character, or she starts out traditional before being more like Shea's version of the character. ​

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I am eager to see how the TV series will play out. It's interesting they seem to imply secret identities will be more important than in the web-series. That could be fun and lead to some pretty good stories along the way.

This is probably a rare occasion when two cartoon series featuring the same main characters are airing at the same time, though they have different continuities. I guess some viewers (especially in the target demographic) might be confused about some of that stuff, but I don't think that will affect either series' success.

It's pretty cool they mention Green Lantern Jessica Cruz in the press release, that's one character I wasn't really expecting to show up in animation anytime soon. Zatanna and a more fiendish version of Harley Quinn should be fun as well. And I presume they didn't even reveal yet all of the characters that will appear on the show.

As for voices, I imagine most of the cast from the shorts might reprise their roles. It would be kind of nice if they brought back the voice actresses for the main characters from the Super Best Friends Forever series (I mean, Grey Griffin is already there but as Diana not Donna).

The series will most likely be comprised of 11-minutes segments like Teen Titans Go!, Justice League Action or most of the current shows on Cartoon Network. Anyway, I will check it out when it premieres.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #62 RoyalRubble, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  3. SweetShop209

Going back to the current show, since the Batman And Harley Quinn movie is to honor the latter for the 25th anniversary, does anyone think there's a possibility there could be a Harley episode in this series to commemorate that, like a short about Harley's birthday or something.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it's possible they could re-release some Harley episodes, her Hero of the Month episode, or just a montage of all her moments throughout the series :).

5. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Hopefully Faust would bring Jennifer Hale back to voice Zatanna since she worked with Faust before on PPG. Though I'm sure this show will be done in Vancouver for the Voice acting like MLP.

And if Swamp Thing ever appears in this, he better be called Big Green like how JL Dark & Injustice 2 did.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

DC All Access has excerpts from the interviews with the cast and crew from the Wonder Con premiere of the "Intergalactic Games" movie.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

5/26: According to zap2it, Galactic Wonder will also air May 29 at 8 am eastern.

5/28: Fontana confirmed the Wonder Woman Day free comic will be the next chapter after the one previewed in the Free Comic Book Day comic.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Warner Bros. on Demand's Youtube channel has a clip from what's apparently a Lego DC Super Hero Girls DTV titled "Brain Drain":

• Like Like x 3
    #69 Frontier, May 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2017
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't confirm it officially but in theory in a survey that came with a recent movie might ask a vague question about if one would watch a certain movie that could be related to a clip that was just posted above my post.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SweetShop209

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. bat16

bat16 Member

• Informative Informative x 4
  14. SweetShop209

Here's the trailer for the Lego Brain Drain movie, which comes out on July 25 (Digital) and August 8 (DVD). On a side note, it looks like Ms. Grey Griffin is voicing Lois Lane again.

Edit: Harley's presence in a few of the clips should indicate that she'll play a central role. If "Batman And Harley Quinn" is a project meant to celebrate Harley's anniversary for older fans, this will probably be the family friendly alternative to that.

• Like Like x 1
    #74 SweetShop209, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's the PR: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SUPERGIRL, WONDER WOMAN, BATGIRL & FRIENDS SEARCH FOR THEIR STOLEN MEMORIES
    WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT, DC ENTERTAINMENT & THE LEGO® GROUP PRESENT LEGO® DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: BRAIN DRAIN
    ON DIGITAL HD JULY 25 and DVD AUGUST 8, 2017

BURBANK, CA (June 1, 2017) – Missing memories provide an intriguing mystery for everyone’s favorite young female protagonists in the all-new animated film, LEGO® DC Super Hero Girls: Brain Drain. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, DC Entertainment and The LEGO® Group, the film – the first LEGO® entry in the worldwide DC Super Hero Girls franchise phenomenon – will be distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) July 25, 2017 on Digital HD ($19.99 SRP) and August 8 on DVD (SRP $19.98).

When Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Bumblebee and Katana suddenly realize they cannot remember a single moment from their Monday at Super Hero High, the young DC Super Heroes spring into sleuthing action! Suspecting foul-play, they band together to retrace their steps and uncover the mystery of who exactly stole their memories – and what nefarious plan might be afoot?

LEGO® DC Super Hero Girls: Brain Drain voice cast returns its core cast in Grey Griffin (Wonder Woman), Tara Strong (Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy), Anais Fairweather (Supergirl), Teala Dunn (Bumblebee) and Stephanie Sheh (Katana), with Ashlyn Selich joining the group (as Batgirl). The cast also includes Yvette Nicole Brown (Amanda Waller), Greg Cipes (Beast Boy), Romi Dames (Lena Luthor), John DiMaggio (Gorilla Grodd, Wildcat), Jennifer Hale (Mad Harriet), Josh Keaton (Flash), Tom Kenny (Gordon), Rachael MacFarlane (Artemiz), Mona Marshall (Eclipso), Khary Payton (Cyborg) and Meredith Salenger (Lashina).

Todd Grimes (Back at the Barnyard, Star Wars: Detours) directs LEGO® DC Super Hero Girls: Brain Drain from a script by Jeremy Adams (Justice League Action, LEGO® Scooby-Doo). Rick Morales (LEGO® Scooby-Doo! Haunted Hollywood) serves as producer, with Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!), Jill Wilfert (The LEGO® Movie, The LEGO® Batman Movie) and Robert Fewkes (My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic) as executive producers.

Following the success of two home entertainment releases for the DC Super Hero Girls franchise – DC Super Hero Girls: Super Hero High and DC Super Hero Girls: Intergalactic Games, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has brought together two of the world’s most recognizable brands in DC and LEGO for their first combined DC Super Hero Girls franchise production. The DC Super Hero Girls franchise aims to empower and connect with young girls through the brand’s vast digital content networks across LEGO.com, DCSuperHeroGirls.com, YouTube and social media.

“Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is excited to unite two extremely popular brands – LEGO® and DC Entertainment – to present the first ever LEGO® DC Super Hero Girls film,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing. “Animated feature-length movies featuring DC Super Hero Girls and LEGO are extremely popular amongst our fans, so we look forward to bringing this first collaboration to life.”

About The LEGO Group
    The LEGO Group is a privately held, family-owned company, based in Billund, Denmark. It was founded in 1932 and today the group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of play materials for children. The LEGO Group is committed to the development of children's creative and imaginative abilities. LEGO products can be purchased in more than 130 countries.

LEGO, the LEGO logo, the brick & knob configuration and the Minifigure are trademarks and/or copyrights of the LEGO Group. © 2014 The LEGO Group. All Rights Reserved.

About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc.
    Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees, as well as directly to consumers through WBShop.com and WB Ultra.

About DC Entertainment
    DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.

DC Super Hero Girls and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and ©DC Comics. (s16)

About Warner Bros. Animation
    Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, producing and developing projects for multiple platforms, both domestically and internationally. WBA’s TV series include Justice League Action and Teen Titans Go! for Cartoon Network; Be Cool Scooby-Doo!, Bunnicula, Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz, The Tom and Jerry Show, New Looney Tunes and Wacky Races for Boomerang; Mike Tyson Mysteries for Adult Swim; Right Now Kapow for Disney XD; Green Eggs and Ham for Netflix; and Young Justice: Outsiders for the upcoming DC-branded digital service. As home to the iconic animated characters from the DC Comics, Hanna-Barbera, MGM and Looney Tunes libraries, WBA also produces highly successful animated films — including the DC Universe Animated Original Movies — for DVD, Blu-ray® and digital media. One of the most-honored animation studios in history, WBA has won six Academy Awards®, 35 Emmy® Awards, the George Foster Peabody Award, an Environmental Media Award, a Parents’ Choice Award, the HUMANITAS Prize, two Prism Awards and 20 Annie Awards (honoring excellence in animation).

16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

My major takeaway was them finally officially confirming the voice cast for the Lego series, more or less :D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I know the target demo doesn't care, but I feel like I'm starting to get my fatigue on. Sometimes it feels like too just much stuff.

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Of Lego movies, or of DCSHG content in general :ack:?

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Just in general. #firstworldproblems :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think we've all been there at some point :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1