"DC Super Hero Girls" Animated Webisodes Talkback (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 1, 2015.

?

Discuss and Rate this Animated Series!

1. *****

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. **1/2

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Anyone notice how the Double Dare twins only appeared in episodes Katana is in? I guess they're her own personal enemies

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Barda and Katana teaming-up was pretty fun, especially since they're probably the two most notable "warrior women" of the cast, after Shiva ;).

Big Barda has never been known for being graceful :p.

Is it any wonder the Double-Dare Twins are so often getting beatup and sent back to jail? They just dropped straight into two Superheroes practicing and revealing they'd stolen some loot, as if they wanted to get caught :rolleyes:.

Y'know, in any other DC media I think she probably would have fired that crossbow once she had Katana on the ground :sweat:.

Katana and Barda's fighting styles against the acrobatics of the Double-Dare Twins was pretty cool to watch, and fairly well-animated to boot :cool:.

I wonder if Batgirl expected she'd have to be the one to lug all the bad guys back to jail once she built that van :rolleyes2:?

3. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

DC Super Hero Girls "Fight Flub"

Unlike Gorilla Warfare, which I loved, I could do without this one. *.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I liked this one since it focused on not-Wonder Woman/Supergirl/Batgirl. Katana could always use more starring roles. Barda, as well.

It's amusing that Barda is making friends with the martial artists. But makes sense she'd bond with the warriors. Her "Art was never my thing" was a nice callback to the first TV special. Also nice to see she was right but still willing to add new moves to her arsenal.

Katana - it was nice to see a little more of her hand-to-hand combat skills rather than her swordsmanship. She even used a throwing star.

I cringed when Aliki fell from the rope. How did she not hurt her back from that long fall? Good padding on the floor I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SweetShop209

We have Jane Jetson teaching Judy how to fly.

• Like Like x 2
    #365 SweetShop209, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2017
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice seeing Killer Moth again. He's pretty hilarious. The aerial fight was cool. Plus, good use of Frost's powers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It was fun seeing Wonder Woman and Frost teamed-up like this and seeing Frost a little more out of her element :).

Only in a Superhero cartoon could we see teenagers learning how to fly jets with complicated controls :sweat:.

I guess learning to fly a flying chair is close enough to the real thing (and probably a little less complicated) :rolleyes2:.

For once I don't think Killer Moth is going to mind going to jail this time. At least it'll probably be heated :p.

8. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

I like that we couldn't see Wonder Woman and Frost from the outside of the plane. That was always something that bothered me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

DC Super Hero Girl "Jetsetters"

I'mma call b.s.. Why would a superhero need flight training? Many of them can already fly, and most of the ones who can't don't have (or need) their own airplane / jet. This is especially true for Killer Frost. What gives? *.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SweetShop209

Heroes still need to know basic life skills like driving or flying if there are situations where the heroes become powerless. I mean, think of the Lego short "Trading Places", where Batgirl and SuperGirl pretended to be each other in order to stop Lena Luthor's De-powering machine. Or how about "Batnapped", where SuperGirl still needed the jet to bring her back home from being captured?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Driving yes. Flying planes no. That is not a real world skill a person without superpowers needs, much less one who isn't a billionaire.

As for your examples, it probably would have made a MUCH more awesome story if Supergirl did NOT know how to fly a plane, and had to bluff and fake her way through that. Having every superhero be a tech wiz and able to fly a plane takes away a lot of interesting story avenues.

12. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

True, but how many persons in the real world are costumed crime-fighters or go to a superhero academy?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I didn't put much thought into it. I figured one of the requirements for graduation is passing the Flyer's Ed test.

Or it's like in real life how some people choose to learn how to drive both automatic and manual, some don't. Here, some learn both how to fly using their powers somehow (Frost can make projections and what not) and learn how to pilot a jet, some don't.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And it’s also so they can shill toys.
    Sorry, but I’ve watched enough of Mattel’s cartoons that sometimes plots and common sense will be thrown out if they got a specific product they want to push. And in this case it’s flying vehicles.
    I mean, does Supergirl need one? Not unless she’s flying into space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

They actually point out how Supergirl doesn't really need one in Brain Drain :p.

16. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A New Perry-Spective | 324 | DC Super Hero Girls
    Not much to say this time, but Perry the Parademon was kind of cute.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SweetShop209

I do like how this short shows some interesting parallels, yet opposite ideologies between Barda and Shiva

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Equating a parademon to a pet dog is kinda odd (I mean, they are soldiers, not just trained animals, right?), but so is re-imagining a professional assassin (Shiva) as a student.

• Like Like x 1
    #378 Otaku-sempai, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It was nice to see more of Batgirl's battle van in action, as well as more of Barda and Shiva together ;).

Perry always seemed to innocent for Granny and Apokolips, even if he is a little accidentally destructive, so I can't say I'm surprised to see him get taken in by Barda and Super Hero High. I liked seeing Barda care for him :).

Barda with a pet Parademon? I can see it :p.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This sort of reminds me how Devil Dinosaur was Hulk's pet on the Agents of SMASH cartoon.

• Like Like x 1