1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC Super Hero Girls" Animated Webisodes Talkback (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 1, 2015.

?

Discuss and Rate this Animated Series!

1. *****

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. **1/2

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think Cheetah or Catwoman will ever get one. I forget who's left in the main cast. Miss Martian? Thunder and Lightning just got those medals but they could be a shared HotM like Starfire and Cyborg.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It would be such an achievement if she did though :p.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Here's today's episode. Hopefully, there's a part 3 to resolve it.

U

I know I'm double posting, but I just found out there is a part 3.

• Like Like x 3
    #343 SweetShop209, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2017
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, another strong showing for Ares in this episode. The core girls had enough trouble dealing with him on their own, but even the large group assembled here could barely phase him. Compare this to Trigon's showings, and Ares seems to be one pretty powerful dude :evil:.

Seeing all the heroes working together was pretty cool, as they worked in tandem to try and defeat Ares, with some cool combinations and teamwork shown throughout the episode :cool:.

Holy crud, Ares destroyed Batgirl's Batcave :eek:.

Shouldn't Frost have been able to absorb Ares' fire attack? Or was it because it was supernatural fire that she couldn't absorb it like she normally does heat? Probably not that often she ends up wet thanks to her own icyness :sweat:.

I love how Shiva is just kind of there even though she didn't actually do anything :p.

I'm surprised no one made a "bigger they are, harder they fall" gag :rolleyes2:.

I'm guessing part 3 will be focused on the girls trying to catch Catwoman to get the amulet back. Curious to see how that resolves, since it doesn't look like they're setting up a change of heart for Selina to give the amulet back, though Ares might not be down for the count :ack:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Batgirl's really good at upcycling. Another vehicle. lol. Dug that little callback to Batgirl noting her plane was still in the shop after Mrs. Clayface tried to steal it.

And a little sadistic on my part but I laughed when Ivy was horrified to see Ares uproot those vines.

She's got at least 3 more around the city.

I took it more she has limits to her intake of heat so the attack was probably too much heat for her to handle.

Interesting to me that with the production codes, part 3 isn't right after this. 320 was the one when Starfire and Blackfire had their day of funship.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It was a very in-character moment ;).

Maybe she should look into having a few spare planes as well :rolleyes2:?

That makes sense. I'm not sure there's much of anything that can take the fire of a God :sweat:.

Animation production codes can be weird sometimes :confused:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I forgot if I said this before, but I can't stand how abrupt these cartoons end. They're almost always an instant cut to black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Here's today's episode

• Like Like x 2
    #348 SweetShop209, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2017
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ares getting right back up felt as abrupt a beginning as the ending was last week :sweat:.

It was cool seeing Miss Martian pop up in a major role again and showcasing the rest of her Martian powerset, telepathy and shape-shifting, that we (and the rest of the cast) haven't seen yet :cool:.

Was that Catwoman's dorm room at Super Hero High or her apartment/safe house? It was a pretty impressive room, though I can't help but wonder how much of the stuff in there she actually owns :ack:?

It was nice to see Catwoman come around, once she realized what she'd done, and help the heroes return the amulet, even against her own nature :).

Diana and Ares at the end prove that you just can't beat family :anime:.

Catwoman just can't help herself. If she sees something she wants, she takes it, which I guess I can respect even if it gives her more in common with the criminals the show has featured so far rather then her fellow Super Hero High Students :eek:.

That's Batgirl for you...prepared for every contingency :p.

Six to seven months detention and a chewing out from Grodd seems fair punishment for Catwoman's role in all this, and a better alternative then being arrested, though it doesn't look like she's learned her lesson judging by her pilfering of Diana's tiara (which I totally missed on my first watch). But at least she (shamelessly) admitted to it :rolleyes2:.

I really liked what we got with Catwoman in this three-parter, and I hope this isn't the last time we see her play a major role in a Webisode :D.

She makes a really fun and interesting contrast with the rest of the girls by being less of a goody-two-shoes and not being at all ashamed of it, while still willing to do good when the chips are down, while also not being as obnoxious or downright mean as Cheetah can be ;).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #349 Frontier, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This was a fun three-part story. The all-out fight with Ares was pretty cool, I liked how more heroes got a chance to shine (like the Flash) and how they used the Golden Fleece as bait.

It was especially nice seeing more of Catwoman - I like how they handled her. And while she did help towards the end she still got a proper comeuppance. Though I have to wonder why she didn't try and steal Diana's tiara before. :p

Plus, more Miss Martian, who was also used pretty well and I liked how the others didn't even know about all her powers. I get she doesn't want to brag about them, but I think they would have come in useful in other past episodes as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

That's a third from me that I liked this webisode spotlighted both Catwoman and Miss Martian.

Oddly, like in season one's 211, this webisode's production number 320 was repeated. The other one with 320 was the Day of Fun-Ship one. Not sure why that happens. Maybe they finish production on them at the same time?

It was amusing Wonder Woman and Supergirl's plan was essentially 'hot potato' :D

Interesting Catwoman mentioned her prom dress, with the recent confirmation of the 4th graphic novel being Date with Disaster! and it involved a 'school dance'. Hmm. :)

Corny but I still laughed when Batgirl remarked cats don't always land on their feet. heh.

Six months detention. Yeah, I'd wager that's the same thing that happened to Riddler in that past webisode when he tried to ask out Batgirl.

Yep, and I believe her Yearbook profile confirmed she's got a few more like in the comics.

They all mod their dorm rooms at SHH. Wonder Woman and Harley's was the first one we saw and it was pretty spacious. Even had Harley's swing or something high up.

She wasn't knocked out like she was on the roof. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if it's related to "Day of Fun-Ship" being an Intergalactic Games tie-in o_O?

I noticed that too. Foreshadowing :p?

I wonder if Catwoman's dress will be the same one she wore in Intergalactic Games, and who her date might be (the same probably applies to the rest of the girls) :rolleyes2:?
    It was the obvious pun to make ;).

I think that's a fair assumption. So if you're a Super Hero High student caught breaking the law, you end up with a detention instead of a stay at Belle Reve :ack:.

I guess you could call that a student benefit :anime:?

• Agree Agree x 2