1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC Super Hero Girls" Animated Webisodes Talkback (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 1, 2015.

?

Discuss and Rate this Animated Series!

1. *****

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. **1/2

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I really like the flame effect on Starfire's hair here. I also really like just getting to see more of Starfire in general :anime:.

Bats and cats and their complicated relationships :rolleyes2:.

Beast Boy didn't really need to save that old man, but it was a nice gag :p.

Cool seeing Lion Mane as a villain again. I guess with Grodd turning to good, he's now the go-to animal supremacist baddy in this universe. Though the heroes did subdue him pretty fast once he turned up :sweat:.

Huh, with Lion Man starting to control Beast Boy, I would've though we'd see Batgirl and Starfire have to contend with their friend, but they quickly put a stop to Lion Mane before that...of course, now there's all those animals to deal with :eek:.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Calling it, Khary Payton is Lion Mane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that was confirmed from an earlier episode? I mean, it's definitely him :sweat:.

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Tranqed in the bootie. The other super villains will be teasing Lion Mane for awhile. :D

Double agreed. I thought it was a nice to get these smaller scale episodes since the webisodes seem to be back on a weekly schedule instead of every other week.

I think this is the first episode he talked. Only other time he was in a webisode was the newspaper article of Hawkgirl catching him. EDIT: Fontana confirmed LaMarr voiced him.

• Like Like x 2
    #284 Yojimbo, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was trying to remember when I last recalled seeing him...and also totally missed on the VA front :sweat:.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Shea misremembered. Luckily, LaMarr corrected her and think it was Khary Payton.

No worries. Perhaps you were thinking of Killer Moth. LaMarr voices him, too.

• Like Like x 1
    #286 Yojimbo, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh! So we were actually right! Never mind then :p.

8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Did Lion-Mane have that power to control other animals in the comics? I admit I'm not too familiar with the character but reading up about him it seems to be something new.

That scene with Beast Boy saving that slow-moving old man was kind of similar to that gag from "The Cheetah Who Cried Wolf", with the senior citizens trying to run away from Grundy. :p

• Like Like x 1
    #288 RoyalRubble, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Nah, he was more like a werewolf kind of character with the basic heightened strength and reflexes when he was around an irradiated meteor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. TheModster

TheModster New Member

I discovered on Wednesday that the Cartoon Network website has a section for DCSHG webisodes including both Wildside parts. o_O

The CN versions of the webisodes have credits! Here's the cast list for Wild Side Part 1:

Greg Cipes - Beast Boy
    Jessica DiCicco - Little Girl
    Phil Lamarr - Bank Manager
    Khary Payton - Lion-Mane
    Fred Tatasciore - Old Man
    Hynden Walch - Starfire
    Mae Whitman - Batgirl

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Guess there's no show they won't binge spoil, even ones they don't air. :p <looks at logline for Part 2> Oh, sweet!

He looks familiar now that I think about it. He might have been the guy nabbed by Giganta in the season 2 opener - makes sense because I believe she was robbing a bank.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I do believe the Webisodes air sporadically on Boomerang, but don't quote me on that :sweat:.

13. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Wildside Pt. 2 | Episode 110 | DC Super Hero Girls

Here is today's new episode.

• Like Like x 2
    #293 SweetShop209, May 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2017
  14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not much to say this time, but I thought this was a pretty good introduction for Vixen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Me wonders, who's voicing Mari, I wanna say Erica Lutrell but...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Kimberley Brooks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Shea Fontana said we'd be seeing Vixen soon, though this was much sooner then I was expecting. Still pretty awesome to finally see her make her debut on DC Super Hero Girls :D.

It was cool, and fitting, seeing Mari pop up as civilian zoo volunteer helping the heroes get the animals back in their cages. She's not a full-on Superhero yet, though she does have her Totem, but she's still willing to help people and animals in need :).

I liked how her outfit was in her comic colors, though I'm guessing that's not going to be her official Vixen costume. Maybe she still retains her passion for fashion and will come up with her own suit? Might give her something to bond over with Katana :anime:.

Mari's voice sounds familiar...is it Bumblebee's voice actress doubling-up? Or Kimberly Brooks? I know I've heard them before o_O.

I hope Mari realizes the power of her Totem soon before Catwoman gets wind of her stealing her shtick :eek:.

I see Riddler got out of Belle Reve, though that riddle wasn't one of his best. Granted, he was under mild duress while thinking it up :sweat:.

I just assumed that gorilla making a fuss because he was like Grodd in just not liking bananas :p.

I'm glad Lion Mane woke back up again from Batgirl's tranq, given how easily he was taken out last episode. Though I'm guessing, by the end of this episode, that he's not a big monkey guy :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Like Royal, not much to say other than cool intro. I like how they're introducing a couple characters as non-students first like with Barbara Gordon at the start, then Raven in the second GN, and now with Mari.

And presuming they release one next week Thursday, that's the 50th webisode.

That's correct. She's in listed in credits of this episode on CN's site. Quite fitting since she voiced young Mari on the CW digital series.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #298 Yojimbo, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Day of Fun-Ship | Webisode 320 | DC Super Hero Girls

This feels like a direct sequel to "Intergalactic Games". The fight with King Shark was pretty good. I never thought Tamaranians had that kind of nursery rhymes. :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A Starfire/Blackfire episode feels apropos in light of the release of Intergalactic Games, and it's actually fun and refreshing seeing the sisters actually getting along and hanging out like this :D.

I mean, so often and traditionally the relationship between the two is often strained and antagonistic, so seeing them be closer and caring for one another is actually kind of sweet :anime:.

I almost feel bad for Blackfire having to deal with Starfire's antics. Almost :rolleyes2:.

At least King Shark has the decency to wear a shirt :p.

Does anyone else think the animation looked different in this episode? It felt more like a season 1 episode, which were more in-line with your typical Flash animations, compared to how much the animation for DCSHG has improved over time o_O.