1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"DC Super Hero Girls" Animated Webisodes Talkback (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 1, 2015.

?

Discuss and Rate this Animated Series!

1. *****

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. **1/2

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Discuss the webisodes spinning out of the DC Super Hero Girls initiative debuting weekly on the DC Super Hero Girls website.

[​IMG]
    Debut: October 1, 2015

Synopsis: At Super Hero High, iconic Super Heroes like Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Bumblebee, Poison Ivy, and Katana navigate all the twists and turns of high school in their formative years. United by friendship, the DC Super Hero Girls empower kids to shine with confidence and courage, especially while they combat those overwhelming, exciting, and awesomely awkward moments of growing up (sometimes super powers can be super stressful!).

Aspiring Super Heroes can check out our exclusive web series for the full scoop on what life is like inside the walls of Super Hero High School. In the spring of 2016, the DC Super Hero Girls will come to life with a line of action dolls, figures and accessories, books, play sets and so much more. If that doesn’t have you bursting at the seams of your cape, remember that the world of Metropolis is at your fingertips here on the website - play, explore, read and....Get Your Cape On! It’s time to meet the DC Super Hero Girls!

Episode #1 "Welcome to Super Hero High!"
    It’s the start of a brand new year at Super Hero High School!!! Follow your favorite DC Super Hero Girls as they experience the ups, downs and all-arounds on their first day of school.

Discuss this digital series!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Just found out the first episode is the same clip in the USA news site. Kind'a hoped it would be longer and at least share us info on the cast.

3. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

So many obscure DC heroes neat.

Except for Bunker seeing him makes me depressed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good start. I was hoping for a longer running time and a cast list, but what we got was decent. Great to see so many characters, and not all of them girls (or human, for that matter). I think it works well enough as an introduction to the show and I am kind of interested in seeing more.

5. EmaHalJordan

EmaHalJordan Well-Known Member

the short is AMAZING!

My favorite hero!! ;)
    [​IMG]

6. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Gays need rep too!

7. Troy Troodon

If you must know, YES we know he's gay and that's awesome... but there's really nothing to Bunker as his own unique entity. Furthermore there is a big difference between writing a character's sexuality and exploiting it, and in the case of Bunker, his sexual preference is unfortunately exploited.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Don't think he disagrees, he just probably doesn't like Bunker and would've preferred someone like Batwoman ;).

But wow, all those cameos and all those heroes :eek:!

I have to admit that took me by surprise, especially since I was expecting a limited cast consisting of just the main girls and no boys at the school at all. But all those characters at one school is pretty awesome. They even have Green Lantern and The Flash :D!

I thought the short was fun and cute, befitting what this series seems to be going for, and I'm looking forward to the other shorts. I'm really happy to see DC trying to promote their female heroes (and some villains) to little girls, and I hope it finds success :).

So we have more female Supervillains as part of the school cast with Cheetah, Catwoman, Killer Frost, and arguably Star Sapphire. At least Cheetah still seems like Cheetah, and I'd be shocked if she's not pitted against Wonder Woman in this series somehow (maybe a class election?), and I really like what we see of Catwoman's design :cool:.

Also, Star Sapphire looks really cute. And I find it very appropriate that Carol is the school diva and Hal is a jock :p.

But Gorilla Grodd is a teacher? Seriously!? And...is that Amanda Waller as the principal? What's next, Riddler as the librarian or Metallo as the gym teacher o_O?

Shame we didn't get any info about the voice cast, but from those grunts and laughs I'd say Tara Strong is reprising Harley.

9. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I know. It was a joke.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Troy Troodon

So I lectured on telling and exploiting character sexuality for... nothing. And I pretty much embarrassed myself.

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not anymore then I did :p.

And I think what you said was important and spoke to how you feel very strongly on this subject, nothing to be embarrassed about :).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Going over all 48 characters that appeared, I'm pretty sure about all but one.

4 images to go with the list. In thumbnails so for full picture, click. Since lists get long, used spoiler tags.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

I noticed a statue of Superman in the background, so I'm guessing that Supey will be an established hero in this universe (probably only referred to in reverence off-screen) and not a kid like the others, which makes sense seeing as how Supergirl is a student. I presume it's the same deal with Batman, given that we have Batgirl as a student. My guess is that DC didn't want Supes and Bats overshadowing the girls, since this franchise is all about them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Great attention to detail, as usual.

I think #26 has to be Darkfire since he was next to Starfire when Amanda Waller mentioned their "Tamaranian friends". I'm kind of surprised they didn't add Blackfire to the cast, at least not yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

I was wondering if that was supposed to be Vixen as the school principal; but, she could be Amanda Waller.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

I'm pretty sure that was Amanda Waller given the hair style and the clothes, although I could be wrong about that. I'm guessing that she was slimmed down to more closely resemble Angela Basset.

#47 could also be Stargirl, but again, I'm not positive.

#16 Goldstar Neo, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  17. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Also, it would be more expected to cast Waller as an authority figure as opposed to Mari.

-Man, Amanda Waller as principal and Gorilla Grodd as a teacher? I wouldn't want to get sent to the office in this school.

Teacher Grodd reminds me of Beast from X-Men.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I thought the principal was the Queen Bee of Beealya for some reason.

19. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

Interesting mix of villains and heroes for the students and teachers. It does make Harley and Ivy seem less out of place as main characters since they seem to be taking good and bad guys and putting them in this school setting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #19 Dragnatek, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Now I'm half expecting Riddler to be the English teacher, Captain Cold to be the guidance counselor, and Sinestro to be the coach of whatever sports team Hal is on :p.

• Like Like x 2