DC Nation Removed From Schedule, Returning January 2013 (Updated)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by Master Lucario, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Lucario

Master Lucario New Member

http://www.nickandmore.com/2012/10/13/dc-nation-has-been-replaced/

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

One point of contention with that article. There was a USA Today article with an image, clip, and interview with Giancarlo Volpe in anticipation of "Steam Lantern" so there was media this week. Hopefully, this schedule thing was an error...

3. Bryan

Bryan TZ Schedules Admin

Didn't know that, but I was speaking more of the regular media sent out by Warner Bros. Animation to sites like mine, World's Finest, toonzone etc. We didn't get that this week (for either show). That USA Today article was most likely an exclusive.

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

Well that's a shame. Even though I've been catching new episodes for both series On Demand for awhile now, replacing the whole block with reruns is pretty sad. I don't know how well the block has been doing with ratings, but it seems rather sudden to get rid of it for even more repeats of Dragons and Johnny Test. Hopefully, the block will come back or at least new episodes for both series could air elsewhere on the schedule.

5. PeppeRaskell1

PeppeRaskell1 11/1/14

An entire "DC Nation" of mad people. Further evidence of CN's "Comedy Rules...because it's cheap!" policy.

Also, does anyone smell the words "falling out" in the air?

6. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

Ugh, I hate when Cartoon Network does crap like this! I'm a huge DC Nation fan and I love watching Green Lantern, Young Justice, and all the cool shorts that come on in between, it makes me upset that CN would just change things at the very last minute and this certainly isn't the first time they've done something like this. I know business is business but there are lot's of fans out there looking for their new episodes and now they have to go without because of a stupid move like this, it just isn't fair.

7. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

This really confuses me... I'd love to hear the business logic behind this.

8. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

So...they hype up the return of Green Lantern and Young Justice, then yank them off the air two episodes into their fall runs?

Sometimes it feels like CN wants their shows to fail.

9. The Dark Lord

The Dark Lord New Member

You're implying there's logic involved to begin with. :p

10. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 New Member

I don't know what to say... What happened to DC Nation's contract? It was supposed to be 3 years!! YJ and GLTAS was doing pretty good!! People were saying that if somehow the contract was ended, then CN could air the shows on Toonami, butwhat about all the shorts? And try can't air on Toonami anytime soon since the schedule is full... I hate you CN... And I was just getting excited for YJ possibly getting a season 3...

11. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Someone please tune in to Cartoon Network and confirm that this schedule change is accurate. For now, try not to assume too much. We have pro-DC Nation comments quite recently in that YJ news & discussion thread, and I know at NYCC you have DC running promo video for it and such. Would not know from any external sign that there was anything about to change.

12. PretenderNX01

PretenderNX01 New Member

I guess we have to wait until 10am to find out. Makes me anxious.

13. mikkej2k

mikkej2k New Member

Thank you for your cooler head. No offense to the other posters that are suspicious of CN. Believing the worst is easy when the people that make the decisions aren't always fans of their own programing.

14. mikkej2k

mikkej2k New Member

Well I have to admit that I usually DVR YJ and watch it later. Now I'm anxious like you said. Not the best marketing scheme , but a way to create interest?
    Hopefully just a mistake.

15. Montblanc

Montblanc New Member

A bunch of people on tumblr are checking both their TV Schedules and the CN site, and there's...a lot of conflicting screenshots. Some are saying it's all still on as normal, some are saying GLTAS and YJ's times got switched (with YJ being on first), some are saying it's early...? I've got no clue myself.

16. Kindness King

Kindness King New Member

I'm not going to panic over this. Even if the schedule change is true, I imagine DC Nation will still air because of the new Teen Titans cartoon later on and Beware the Batman. It could be they've decided to try new timeslots. Still, this isn't too big a surprise, because both of them didn't do that well in the ratings (1.0 to 1.5 isn't exactly stellar). But like I said, I'm going to wait and see what happens.

17. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Guess it's official...

18. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

There be dragons!

19. mikkej2k

mikkej2k New Member

Okay. This sucks. Is there an indication of a rescheduled time ?

20. PretenderNX01

PretenderNX01 New Member

Yup, I just checked. No Green Lantern. WTF?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.