1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC Nation" Programming Block Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Mar 3, 2012.

?

Rate and Comment - DC Nation Programming Block!

1. *****

35.5%
  2. ****1/2

16.1%
  3. ****

12.9%
  4. ***1/2

9.7%
  5. ***

3.2%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

6.5%
  8. *1/2

3.2%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

12.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I'm curious how the ratings for DCNation is with these new series and shorts. Anyone got info on that?

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I've seen some July data on TTG! and BTB on Nick And More and on WF, here and here. Not sure if the August data was released yet.

3. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The string of all-new DC Nation animated shorts and interstitials continues - this week featuring Plastic Man! Check out DC Nation Saturdays at 10am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    DC Nation
    Saturdays at 10am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network. Encores Sundays at 10am (ET/PT).

Description: DC Nation is the Home of the World's Greatest Superheroes. It also includes amazing shorts starring Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Doom Patrol, Shazam and more of your favorites! Go behind the scenes with both the creators and fans of DC Comics. Check out all-new animated shorts and short-form content! Get ready to join the DC Nation, only on Cartoon Network!

Discuss This Week's Installment of new DC Nation content! Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary, though avoid successive posting. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Bourassa's take on Bizarro was slick. Hopefully we'll get to see him in a future DCU movie.

Thought it was hilarious Plastic Man got the crowd to believe him. And Mr. Giggle-Bottom really is possessed. I think that was Woozy Winks in the portrait above his bed. Wonder if he'll appear in the last short left to be aired.

5. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Woozy in the picture reminded me a lot of Barney Rubble.

Kinda sad that we have one more Plas short left to go.

6. CatwomanFan528

CatwomanFan528 New Member

Hey everyone! I'm new to these boards and really need everyone's help! Catwoman is my all-time favorite character and I read that there was a DC Nation short with her of a real life test called "Catwoman's Whip". I have been looking everywhere for it since it came out, and am dying to see it! Does anybody have any ideas or info on how I can go about finding or watching this? Does someone happen to have it recorded? Even a description of what it was like would be nice. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks for everything and taking the time to read this! :)

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

That was from June 29 this year. The test was to smash three light bulbs each decorated with a Bat icon using Catwoman's Whip. I don't know when or if it will be posted online officially like on CN's DC Nation page. But usually, if you go to the first post of the first page of the DC Nation news thread and double check the Season 2 tab, every Saturday, I update what airs each Saturday. So if the Catwoman's Whip comes up as a rerun a certain Saturday, you can watch it again on Sunday because the block repeats at the same hour. Eventually, they'll repeat it.

8. CatwomanFan528

Hi, thank you so much for the response! I really appreciate the info and your help! I'll be checking that schedule religiously. The description just made me want to watch it more now! Haha I hope it repeats soon. Thanks again for your help! :)

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

You're welcome. I'll have some time in a few hours. I'll check to see if I have it recorded and if I do, I can post some screen grabs if you want?

10. CatwomanFan528

Omg that would be incredible!! I really hope you do! That would so make my whole week, lol. Ever since I read on wikipedia that it came out, I've been searching all over the internet and youtube channels hoping they would upload it, but still nothing. Is it possible that you could post it somewhere or something like that if you did? If not, totally ok, just thought I'd ask. :) Screencaps would definitely be much appreciated!

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Sorry, turns out I don't have it. It was when they only had TTG on the block so I didn't tape the interstitials, just the Plastic Man short that aired that day. So you'll have to keep a lock on that news thread I mentioned and catch a Sunday reairing if you're not watching the Saturday broadcast already. Again sorry for raising your hopes like that. :( Wait and see.

12. CatwomanFan528

Aww, too bad! That's ok though, thank you for taking the time to check anyways! The problem is I don't have cable, but my friend said she'd try and catch it for me and record it with her camcorder, so I'll definitely be watching the schedule like a hawk! Thanks again, and if anyone else has it or knows of anything, gimme a shout as well! Take care! :)

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Actually, turns out I was wrong. I did have the Catwoman's Whip interstitial on one of my DV-R's. Here's a thumbnail gallery of 17 grabs I took of the whole thing. Click on each to see it in full.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. CatwomanFan528

Omg! Thank you so much!!! What a pleasant surprise, you have no idea how much this just made my day haha! I really appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. It looks amazing. Just makes me want to see it even more! Is it at all possible for you to maybe upload this somewhere or send me the file by any chance??? Even recording it off the tv with your cell phone or camera would be fine with me! There's nothing like seeing that whip in action. I would forever be in your debt hehe. I'm already super happy and grateful either way, so thank you thank you again! :)

15. Dear Yojimbo

I too would appreciate a way to see this Short like CatwomanFan528. I'm from Europe and here DCNation Shorts haven't aired yet at all. The only possibility for me to see and collect them at the moment are various sources on the internet like cartoonnetwork, dcnation or dccomic. Hope Warner brings them out on DVD soon. I've collected almost every short but I'm still missing some. Perhaps someone can help me out:

The following shorts are missing completely from my collection:
    "Kid Flash's Dodging" June 9, 2012
    "Nightwing's Movement" June 23, 2012
    "Flash's Agility" September 29, 2012
    "Batarang #3" October 6, 2012
    "Aquaman's Swimming Obstacle" May 11, 2013
    "Wonder Woman's Golden Lasso" May 25, 2013
    "Penguin's Knock-Out Gas Umbrella" June 8, 2013
    "Catwoman's Whip" June 29, 2013
    "Aquaman's Trident" July 13, 2013
    "Penguin's Umbrella Gun" August 17, 2013

"Character Profile: Animal Man" May 19, 2012
    "Character Profile: The Flash" June 2, 2012
    "Character Profile: Batgirl" September 22, 2012
    "Character Profile: Cyborg" January 5, 2013
    "Character Profile: Impulse" February 2, 2013
    "Character Profile: Beast Boy" February 16, 2013
    "Character Profile: Amethyst" May 18, 2013
    "Character Profile: Black Lightning" July 6, 2013
    "Character Profile: Bizarro" September 7, 2013

"Plastic Man in... Superheroes Wear Pajamas" September 7, 2013

"WonderCon #2" May 5, 2012
    "San Diego Comic-Con" July 28, 2012
    "Comic-Con 2013" June 1, 2013
    "Man of Steel Interview: Dylan Sprayberry #1" June 15, 2013
    "Man of Steel Interview: Dylan Sprayberry #2" June 22, 2013
    "Teen Titans Go! Cast" July 27, 2013
    "Comic-Con 2013: Costumes" August 3, 2013
    "Comic-Con 2013: Raven & Beast Boy" August 31, 2013

and the following I have in a very bad quality:
    "New Teen Titans #1: Burp" (Uncut) June 30, 2012.
    "Mad Presents... That's What Super Friends Are For" May 12, 2012
    "New Teen Titans #6: Cyborg the Lifeguard" June 2, 2012
    "Mad Presents... The Curious Case of Benjamin Batman" June 16, 2012
    "New Teen Titans #9: Gamma Rays and You" September 29, 2012
    "Tales of Metropolis #2: Lois Lane" August 3, 2013
    "Super Pets #3: World's Finest Bark" August 17, 2013
    "Doom Patrol: Chapter #1 - Challenge of the Timeless Commander" August 24, 2013

Thanks and greeting from across the ocean

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Sorry but I don't have a camera, phone with camera, or fast enough Internet speed to upload (which I may bring up is not allowed to be talked about here). The only options are to wait for it to be posted online from the sites mentioned, it airs on TV gain, and/or Warner Home Video puts out a DVD set. This thread isn't really a request line either so I'm hoping it doesn't become a thing here...

17. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

The good news is, some of these are in good quality on Cartoon Network's official YouTube page.

Plas
    Lois
    Doom Patrol
    Benjamin Batman

18. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The string of all-new DC Nation animated shorts and interstitials continues - this week featuring DC's Worlds Funnest! Check out DC Nation Saturdays at 10am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    DC Nation
    Saturdays at 10am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network. Encores Sundays at 10am (ET/PT).

Description: DC Nation is the Home of the World's Greatest Superheroes. It also includes amazing shorts starring Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Doom Patrol, Shazam and more of your favorites! Go behind the scenes with both the creators and fans of DC Comics. Check out all-new animated shorts and short-form content! Get ready to join the DC Nation, only on Cartoon Network!

Discuss This Week's Installment of new DC Nation content! Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary, though avoid successive posting. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Worst set of content in awhile! Thanks goodness for the Thunder & Lightning rerun and new Beware the Batman!

20. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

Yeah, maybe it goes without saying, but the new Worlds Funnest was terrible, even by Worlds Funnest standards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.