1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

'"DC Nation" Programming Block' News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

DC Nation arrives March 3rd, 2012 at 10:00am (ET) on Cartoon Network!

DC Nation is a multi-platform, branded block of original programming and exclusive content based on the DC Comics library of legendary character properties, DC Nation is developed in partnership with Cartoon Network, Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment. The all-new venture will harness the publishing, theatrical and television assets together for one powerful on-air block on Cartoon Network with exclusive online content. This thread will cover all news and discussion on DC Nations interstitials, shorts, etc.

The block was announced during the Cartoon Network 2011 Upfront presentation. Highlights of the presentation also include:

Green Lantern: The Animated Series is on the way, with current favorites Young Justice and Batman: The Brave and The Bold returning. Click here or on the image below for the official press release from the Cartoon Network 2011 Upfronts and additional news and notes (Including the official Green Lantern: The Animated Series description and updates on other related programming).

[​IMG]
    Additionally, keep an eye on Toon Zone News for more from the presentation.

Note: Thread retitled "'DC Nation' Programming Block News & Discussion" as of October 4th, 2011.

Discuss the Marvel Universe programming block here!

Airing History

November 11, 2011
    • DC's World's Funnest 01
    • New Teen Titans "Burp"
    March 3, 2012
    • Boxing Glove Arrow Test
    • DC's World's Funnest 02
    • Plastic Man "Super Hero Sketch Artist"
    March 10, 2012
    • Batarang Test
    • New Teen Titans "Wrong Belt"
    • Superman of Tokyo 01
    March 17, 2012
    • Trevor Bayne - Batmobiles
    • Super Best Friends Forever "Invisible Joy Ride"
    • MAD Presents Shazamwich!
    March 24, 2012
    • Biographies - Plastic Man
    • DC's World's Funnest 03
    • Plastic Man "The Many and The Fowl"
    March 31, 2012
    • Knockout Gas Arrow Test
    • New Teen Titans "Streams of Consciences"
    • Superman of Tokyo 02

#1 James Harvey, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
  2. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Since Young Justice is listed under returning series plus the fact that they would need a lot more episodes for the DC Nation block they're planning for, I'm assuming it's getting a second season. Sweet.

3. cuzin34

cuzin34 @AsapCuzin

can't wait to see how "DC nation" block will look. i m hoping it's on Saturday nights.

4. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Young Justice, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Green Lanter: The Animated Series...and what could be a fourth title to round out two hours? Maybe a new Superman series? :p

5. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

A DC Comics animation and media block sounds awesome. Aside from likely airing Young Justice, Green Lantern and maybe Brave and the Bold, It'll make a good home for all those DC animated movies and perhaps even the animated shows.

You know by the time Green Lantern is regularly airing on the network, Brave and the Bold will probably be done and possibly off the air but I suppose they could always play reruns and if they can play reruns of that there's other possibilities.

6. cuzin34

cuzin34 @AsapCuzin

More news on DC Nation

7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Hmmm....what do they mean by "revamped"? Something like the reboots and rebranding of the Ben 10 franchise?

8. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

Young Justice: Unlimited. 10 episodes. New characters.

I'm excited.

#8 Nexonius, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2011
  9. Sketch

So it's probably an hour block then.

10. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Where'd you read that? Or is it just speculation? I hope the revamp was a creative decision rather than a business one because I'm loving it the way it is right now, and I trust the created team.

11. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

It's a miniseries.

And it's not speculation.

12. SKDarkDragon

SKDarkDragon Shorter-than-Average

The end of the article mentions a "10 episode Young Justice mini-series dubbed Invasion." It doesn't say anything about new characters, though.

That does strike me as a little weird, though. Why have a 10-episode mini-series when the series itself is only just starting?

13. tazmaniak

tazmaniak Member

I'm confused about 2 things.

Is this in addition to the regular series' 26 episodes or is it a part of it?Will it air after the first season is completed?Sorta bridging season 1 and season 2.And 10 episodes is a lot.

What exactly does that mean?

14. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

it means no Marvel Comics or Image Comics or any comic book franchise not related to DC Comics will air on the network.

15. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Oh, that sounds like it might be like what's going on with the Torchwood revamp. A finite story set out over a span of a season.
    But why so soon? Does that mean we won't get an official season 2?

16. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Yeah... certain moments with this all seems slighty confusing...

- Batman: The Brave and the Bold: It'll be nice to have this around for a little while longer and i'm glad to see they are still pushing it. I find it interesting that they might be dragging the episodes out until 2012 potentially. Thought for sure that they would wrap it up before the premiere of Green Lantern: The Animated Series. So they could be spreading it thin with re-runs.

-DC Nation: This sounds like a great idea and is the kind of thing I was expecting from DC Entertainment. Between Young Justice, Green Lantern:The Animated Series and primeres of the DC Universe movies... this is a great way to promote DC as a brand in general, which I think it sorely needs.

Now here is where I get confused...

-Young Justice: A 'revamp'? I thought for sure they would order another 26 episodes of the series before they went the Unlimited route with things. It all seems quite odd. Hopefully they have given the shows creative team enough time to account for this (They have a good thing here, I just hope the business side of things doesn't mess it up unneccesarily).

17. Sketch

Which would explain the sudden absence of Marvel's Super Hero Squad Show but I think that's a rewording of a comment that really only meant DC comics series would be exclusive to CN unlike Marvel which has shows on Disney XD, Nicktoons, G4 and even CN.

18. tazmaniak

tazmaniak Member

I think you're right.It's been reworded, because "only" seems like it's in the wrong place.That staement sounds like CN will only be airing DC shows and nothing else for the foreseeable future.

It should say "Cartoon Network states that DC Comics-based series are slated to air only on the network for the foreseeable future."

That says the shows won't air anywhere but CN.

19. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

On the YJ: Unlimited, very strange. I wonder if they will probably be the final ten eps of the season? Cause by that time we are supposed to have those additional members. So that would be eps 17 - 26 and we're on episode 9.

I suppose we may hear more about this at SDCC. Probably Tucker's Batman show will be added. Also, be a nice place to promote those shorts.

20. {Shadow}

{Shadow} #Toonami - Saturdays 11pm-4am!

Re: Young Justice: Invasion, TV Guide has a bit more info:

Sounds like it will be separate from the regular Young Justice series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.