1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC Extended Universe" Movie News & Discussion Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Except as with Reeves, as a recent example, they rather start from scratch and execute their vision rather than edit someone else's draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Director Doug Liman, at least, might be perfectly happy to start with del Toro's draft for Justice League Dark. Though I'm sure he would want to tweak and polish it even if he doesn't want to make any major changes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Not sure if Del Toro's JLD was prepped to be in the DCEU. Probably why he left.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Doesn't matter because his answers over the years cancelled each other out. lol.

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

3/17: Wow, 180 on director news. I agree, I like his works as well. Still have to see Shallows though.

3/18: On April 1,4:30pm - 6:00pm at The Arena of Wonder Con, there will be a Warner Pictures panel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The only thing I can think they could show, of the DC movies we know about, is more Justice League material o_O.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe concept art and an updated release schedule.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

I'm gonna go with that.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, probably. I think it will be just JL footage, concept art of other movies, and an updated release schedule. They have to save the 1st trailer for Comic Con in July, imo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I know quite a few people online would be ticked off about your first trailer in July comment. A lot of DCEU hardcore fans want a new JL trailer now! Since the movie is scheduled for November, it makes sense to me to wait a bit, but many people want it now. Plus Zack Snyder and Gal Gadot have been quoted in saying new footage is 'coming soon' since January or so. A new trailer before Wonder Woman or Spider-Man Homecoming might happen if the first official trailer is shown at WonderCon.

If new footage is shown at WonderCon, but not a new trailer, then perhaps we'll see a new trailer earlier like Guardians Vol. 2. As for an updated release schedule, unless WB has new dates figured out for their unscheduled movies, I think the most we'll see is a release schedule with all the movie dates we already know about and maybe one or two more new dates.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

They've had problems with trailers being leaked like BvS and Suicide Squad so it'll probably come out this week, lol. I recall that debacle at SDCC 2015 when the Squad trailer got pirated from Hall H. It'll be interesting if they show a trailer at Wonder Con since the past 3 have been shown at SDCC. But given the time frame, makes sense they could show trailer 1 at Wonder Con, trailer 2 at SDCC, and maybe one more in August/September.

Imo, they have to produce something to create some semblance of them proving they're still in the driver's seat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

So, any announcements they make at this panel they can walk back by claiming they were April Fool's jokes.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

This is only a rumor, but there is a claim that we could see four Batman related movies in 2019 with Nightwing, Batgirl, Gotham City Sirens and the Batman movie. It definitely seems over the top, but who knows. Again, this probably isn't true but it does make me wonder what a revised DCEU release schedule could look like.

I was watching this Kevin Smith video about Joss Whedon's Batgirl (language warning) and Smith/Marc Bernardin mentioned something interesting. Whether the above rumor is true or not, do you think we'll see the DCEU lead to a Bat-Family movie or at least focus on the Bat-Family over the other heroes?

• Like Like x 1
    #94 Greg91, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  15. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Everything is Batman

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I actually really like the idea of a Bat-Family film that is the product of a few Bat-solo films, it could be a fun pay-off.

But only as long as other characters aren't pushed to the side for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Frankly, I honestly would not be surprised to see Warner Bros. double-down on Batman and his brood to bolster the DCEU and shift the focus towards them and Gotham :shrug:.

Though while I love the Batfamily, and would really enjoy seeing them all showcased and done justice in the movies, I would also not want it to come at the expense of other DC properties and heroes :ack:.

• Like Like x 1
  18. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

WB will not leave Batman for too long. A billion dollar franchise is too good to resist. I am really sad for Superman and other DC properties. They can flourish on TV, but the film division can't touch them.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm sure that Batmite movie will then be followed by an Ace: The Bathound solo spinoff :p.

• Funny Funny x 1