1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC Extended Universe" Movie News & Discussion Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm sure he's not alone in that opinion...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's grabs of the files so far on the ARGUS website. There's more like audio, CIA files that are more complete in the Art of book, photos of weapons, etc. Flag's was the latest to be released I think but I didn't include it because it's all mostly "N/A"

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So I guess Harley's a natural blonde in this universe :rolleyes2:.

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Mm. At least it confirmed she was still just an intern when she met the Joker like in BTAS I think.

Pretty messed up Moone had the Enchantress for 6 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Here's a better idea GET SOMEONE ELSE!!! The Flash movie probably isn't going to happen now and Aquaman is getting pushed forward unless they're keeping Zach Snyder because he's the only one willing to put up with all of WB's garbage! That entire company is in dire need of an executive overhaul if they're really that stupid!

So that's four movies he's going to get to ruin.

7. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

This is interesting. So Ben Affleck's Batman movie will essentially replace the second Justice League movie? I thought Affleck's Batman movie was going to replace the Flash instead. With Aquaman moved to October 2018, Batman could've taken Aquaman's previous July date and the Flash could be moved to another year so 2018 has two DC movies (and also because of the Flash's director issues).

Plus, why can't someone else direct Justice League 2 unless WB wants Snyder to complete his story or Snyder's contract is for more than one JL movie and he wants to see that through? I guess WB really has faith in holding off another Justice League because it will be replaced by Batman. So Batman for 2019, Justice League 2 for 2020? And where does the Flash and Man of Steel sequel go if 2019 and 2020 are looking pretty full?

• Agree Agree x 1
    #27 Greg91, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

That's way too much of a time crunch for Batman to take the March or July 2018 slot since it doesn't film until early Spring next year, imo. Yeah, Flash is a big "?" right now. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if they change the Aquaman date again and leave it as the only 2018 DC movie.

Plus, why can't someone else direct Justice League 2 unless WB wants Snyder to complete his story or Snyder's contract is for more than one JL movie and he wants to see that through? I guess WB really has faith in holding off another Justice League because it will be replaced by Batman. So Batman for 2019, Justice League 2 for 2020? And where does the Flash and Man of Steel sequel go if 2019 and 2020 are looking pretty full?[/QUOTE]There's still some mystery dates that may or may not have to do with DC: September 27, 2019, November 1, 2019, February 7, 2020, July 24, 2020, October 2, 2020, April 16, 2021, July 2, 2021, and November 5, 2021.

Plus, Cyborg and GLC will probably get pushed back to 2021 if anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I'm still really confident Cyborg isn't happening, the dudes solo book barely holds up now.

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Right now, the only thing I'm wondering about is how much the reception to Wonder Woman and Justice League will effect the production dates and shuffling of the movies, because we're already seeing a lot of the latter before we even hit 2017 :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

The only two films I'm enthused about in this universe are The Batman (and I take it with a grain of salt) and SHAZAM. So long as they are happening I can deal with the nonsense for now.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess I'm not surprised at WB going ahead with a Suicide Squad sequel. Despite the...lukewarm critical reception, the international box office was still fairly good :).

Hopefully they can work out the kinks in the sequel, though with Ayer attached to the Gotham City Sirens movie, I wonder if they'll wait for him to finish or find a new director o_O?

A Deadshot solo? Eh...I don't really know if Deadshot could carry his own movie, though I have a feeling it would be banking more on being a Will Smith movie then a Deadshot film. And even then it still sounds dubious :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

For me, it's Wonder Woman, The Batman and Green Lantern Corps (the GL rock and deserve a better movie than the decent but problematic 2011 movie in my opinion).
    Hmm... I don't know how I feel about a Suicide Squad sequel. I know it's already been confirmed as a project, but Suicide Squad was on my list of DCEU movies I was most interested in alongside the movies above. Sadly, it let me down. It didn't feel like the Suicide Squad. I mean the team did, but not their mission. Unless the sequel is a lot better and truer to the comics, count me out unfortunately.

As for a Deadshot movie, I liked Will Smith's Deadshot but I'm not interested in a movie. I don't want every successful element of the DCEU to become its own movie, WB. :confused: If he appeared somewhere else on top of the Suicide Squad sequel, I'd be more interested.
    Agreed. I wonder what the plot would be. A cool 12-15 minute short focused on a solo mission with Deadshot like what we saw during his montage in Suicide Squad would definitely grab my interest more. Throw that on The Batman Blu-ray set as an exclusive bonus feature and I'd be really happy. Plus, it will give Marvel competition so they can start their One-Shots again. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #34 Greg91, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

A Squad sequel? OK, why not?

Deadshot? Eh. I'll be annoyed if we get a Deadshot film before Flash or Shazam, frankly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, well, let's pretend the real title of Suicide Squard was Deadshot & Harley Quinn. The writing was on the wall. But I agree, what a Deadshot movie could be about. An assassination gone wrong slash frame job slash political thriller?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. the greenman

See part of me is kinda miffed about WB allowing Will Smith's Deadshot solo. However, I had to take a step back when I realized Marvel is really not taking a risk with Black Widow. Now as desperate as it seems neither Widow or Deadshot have too much story element of substance. So at that all we can do is wait and see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

In an interview, Warner Bros. creative chief Greg Silverman indicated 2018 will be Aquaman then Batman.

19. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

That's what I expected honestly. No mention of the Flash so Aquaman and Batman for 2018. Then something else in 2019 since the Justice League sequel was moved back. With all the newly announced movies appearing after the initial schedule WB released, I hope we get a new one with tentative release dates so everything doesn't feel like such a mess, scheduling wise. I'm pretty confused what's happening after 2018. And even then, the Man of Steel sequel could be somewhere in there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. the greenman

Where is JLDark?

• Agree Agree x 1