1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC Extended Universe" Movie News & Discussion Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Well, it was your post to which I was responding. Of course you want to gloss over it now that the weakness in your argument has been exposed. :D

I would not assume this, especially in the case of Justice League Dark which was originally meant to be separate from this shared continuity. It could just go back to its stand-alone status.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Well, I agree with Frontier's comment on the reason why Thomas punched the mugger in the face so I still disagree that it was a stupid and unsympathetic thing to do.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

3. Otaku-sempai

I wrote that Thomas Wayne arguably acted stupidly (say rather, foolishly), not that he was unsympathetic.

4. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Well, Magmaster said that he has no sympathy over the character as in he felt that the character is unsympathetic.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I don't know. It's true, WB just wants to push out any and every kind of Superhero i.p. they own. However, this was the mentality before WW. A lot of these ideas came from filmmakers, actors, and execs i.e. Justice League Dark which was fully Guillermo Del Toro's. Cyborg is sadly only there as a token because they have no one like Black Panther. So they wanted to shoehorn him in the Flash film. Gotham City Sirens was only greenlit to capitalize on Robie's Harley, who no one is talking about now.

It remains unclear if they'll go forward with Nightwing and Batgirl which only came about because of Lego Batman's success. While we might well see Batgirl and Nightwing, depending on how deep in folklore they want to go, Johns amd Whedon may have completely different plans instead of a bunch of spinoffs. As someone said, no word of JL part 2. Do they really want to push that back like 7-10 years?

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I saw that SDCC Bright interview. Ayers was definitely alluding to Warner, imo. I'm not that broken up about him not being involved anymore. Cyborg, no prob for me. He does have a decent role in Flashpoint anyway. JLD - that's a bummer.

7. Otaku-sempai

Personally, I would much rather see a Black Lightning movie than a solo Cyborg film, but then I was also disgusted with DC when Vic's history with the Teen Titans was erased. It's not that DC doesn't have its share of diverse characters; the problem is that few of them have risen to any degree of prominence.

The Batgirl movie seems to be a reasonably sure bet, though Warner Bros. is still in a good position to pull out of it since it has yet to be green-lighted, much less added to the release schedule. Warners might want to wait until the Titans digital series debuts before deciding whether to go forward with Nightwing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

No surprise Cyborg isn't happening, people were saying it would not happen even when it was first announced. The only person who thought it was going to happen was probably Ray Fisher. Glad it's not happening in my opinion he doesn't work well as a solo character he works better on the Titans where he's not using a powerset that is completely irrelevant next to Batman.

9. Otaku-sempai

This is far from confirmed and is nothing more than speculation at this time. The Cyborg movie might still get green-lighted.

And, at least for now, it seems that Gotham City Sirens is still happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #209 Otaku-sempai, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  10. the greenman

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

There's a Sirens thread and it's been covered.

12. the greenman

Oops. My mistake. You can port this over if you want.

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Forbes reports Wonder Woman may appear in Batman-related movies in the pipeline.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder what kind of reason she would have to be in any of the Batman movies o_O?

Visiting Bruce to see if he's going to make the next League meeting? Popping up for a team-up with Batgirl? Are they going to try and adapt the BatmanxWonder Woman romance from the DCAU :sweat:?

It almost sounds like they're trying to turn Diana into the Tony Stark/Nick Fury of the DCEU :p.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

8/4: Indeed, it seems odd to include her but I couldn't be happier that Wonder Woman is the breakout star among this DCEU's Trinity. An increased role sounds good to me but execution matters.

8/17: Jenkins reportedly in final negotiations. (I guess when she's confirmed for real this time, a new thread for WW 2 will be posted)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
    #216 Yojimbo, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess they're including him in all the movies with Harley in it (and SS 2 will probably follow-up on his attempt to break her out).

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

You figure he might have an option to appear in The Batman but guess we'll see what shakes out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Frankly, at this point in development they probably don't know who all is going to be in it anymore then we do :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. the greenman

Reeves claims that WB may not plan for The Batman to be part of the DCEU:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-batman-not-part-of-the-dc-extended-universe/

Hmmm, those Affleck rumors are starting to make a whole lotta sense now.

• Informative Informative x 1