1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC Extended Universe" Movie News & Discussion Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Sep 8, 2016.

1. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

A good beardo. Can't wait to see him with a goatee.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Well, he did sport a beard in 13 Hours after all and has gone in more dramatic roles after The Office in addition to starring in the upcoming Jack Ryan TV show on Amazon Prime.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Out of all the movies to get a sequel fast-tracked with a date, it's Wonder Woman! That's so amazing! For a character who couldn't get one movie, now she has two coming out within a couple years of each other. I'm glad WB noticed the response to this movie over the other DCEU movies that have released. Holiday 2019 seems like an interesting time for Wonder Woman 2 to come out, but perhaps Aquaman will do well in holiday 2018.

I'm guessing DCEU's 2019 movies will be Shazam in April, Wonder Woman 2 in December and Batman in the summer (June?). Hopefully Batgirl is an early 2020 movie if Whedon is going to start production next year. I'd prefer WB doesn't release four superhero movies in 2019. Maybe they can do that in the future, but even then, the amount of superhero movies coming out per year is really becoming crowded.

I don't see it as an ego stroke, but it definitely seems weird to rush to this story, before telling a 'traditional' story with the Flash. I really love the idea of seeing Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman and Jason Momoa's Aquaman go to war with each other while Jeffery Dean Cohen's Batman teams up with Flash. Too bad they didn't wait a bit. Sometimes, these movie announcements feel like WB just wants to excite fans and get them on their side by announcing these movies. At the same time, these movies seem to be years away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. the greenman

WB is going to use Flashpoint to reboot the universe. Watch them remove all of Snyder's nonsense. If they're able to remove Goyer too, it would workout

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AdrenalineRush1996

Well, it wouldn't be the first film to cosmic reboot a cinematic universe. X-Men: Days of Future Past marked the end of the original continuity for the X-Men films and began the new continuity for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Except like what Greg91 was getting at, it comes off as "too soon." The gap between X-Men and X-Men: Days of Future Past was 14 years. Man of Steel was 4 years ago. But the Flashpoint Paradox animated DTV movie then the Flash TV series are there as R&D for WB to use and expand upon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. AdrenalineRush1996

I never said it was a good idea to do it so soon.

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

No, we're good. I wasn't trying to start something. More just adding to what you said.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think this is to be expected as Johns takes over the reins more or less and the Snyder's continue to deal with the personal tragedy in their lives (wishing them the best).
    Heh, it'll be funny if it's actually set in World War II, because that would mean WW2 is set during WWII :p.

I'm just happy to know we won't have to wait that long to see the next Wonder Woman movie ;).

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Except it really didn't. The Days of Future Past movie ended with something that signified to a lot of people "yeah we're bringing back the original characters and just getting rid of X3 from the continuity" not that they were totally going with a new continuity (that wasn't even totally new as the prequel continuity started with First Class anyway). Heck even Deadpool mocked the still confuisng continuity which you can say didn't even fully end until Logan. As yeah seems like we're going somewhat with the prequel continuity with Dark Phoenix but DP is still it's own thing and we don't know where New Mutants falls into the continuity so... yeah things are still a mess with the X-Men continuity honestly.

Plus it's pretty clear with how popular Wonder Woman is and how they're fast tracking a sequel to that, it's going to be an even "softer" reboot then the New 52 which still tried saying some series like Green Lantern and Batman happened for the most part the same even if other continuities happened. Honestly they just may be use this as an excuse to clean up most of the non working elements of the DCEU which if JL winds up making audiences fall in love with Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash, may just be the Superman side of things. What they've done with Clark and relations continuity may wind up totally changing and him getting totally recasted but I don't see a lot happening with most of the other characters. Though if the Flashpoint movie is like the Flashpoint comics and the focus is on Barry Allen and Thomas Wayne... whose hoping they cast Thomas Wayne as one of the previous Batman actors? Probably not Michael Keaton but heck get Christian Bale to play Thomas and use this as an excuse to throw a couple of well meaning shots at the Dark Knight Trilogy before the "reboot" of the universe totally takes hold.

I would prefer them honestly starting off with just a regular Flash story though then a he resets the universe story. Especially when regular stories worked so well for Wonder Woman whose sequel is going to I guess clash with Frozen 2. Which may give Diana a chance to get back as WW is going to end up in the 390s a few million away from Frozen's 400 score so we'll see how those two franchises clash in like two and a half years.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If we see a Thomas Wayne Batman, he will most likely be played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan (as he is this universes Thomas Wayne), as the actor previously alluded to :)

13. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

In the directors cut he got shot because he started punching the mugger I will have no sympathy for this Batman who will basically be the main character of the Flash "solo" movie.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. AdrenalineRush1996

I never said that DOFP's cosmic reboot fixed all of the continuity problems. I am aware that there are still continuity problems in the X-Men films even after DOFP. IMO I consider Logan being set in a different continuity than the current one.
    Maybe the reason why he punched the mugger is probably the mugger attempted to steal his stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

His kid was there and the mugger had a gun that is sheer stupidity.

16. AdrenalineRush1996

How is "punching a mugger" an unsympathetic and stupid thing to do? Thomas did try to stop him from stealing by punching him but it didn't help since the mugger was armed and killed him and Martha in front of his son Bruce.

I think you ignore the fact that superheroes have confronted muggers in comics with the famous example being Spider-Man confronting a mugger that turned out to be the person who killed his uncle Ben.

17. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Thomas Wayne was not a superhero though. He was a physician with his wife and son confronted by an armed robber. Unless he was certain that the thief was going to shoot them anyway, confronting him was a stupid thing to do. Now, we have had stories where Joe Chill had actually been hired to murder the Waynes, but that is a separate issue.

18. AdrenalineRush1996

Of course he wasn't a superhero but let's move on from this, shall we?

#198 AdrenalineRush1996, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  19. the greenman

Regardless of how things pan out, I think we can all assume whatever the slate looked like will not exist pass Flashpoint.

Meaning will these films will cease to exist:

- Cyborg
    https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/dcs-the-flash-movie-will-feature-cyborg/1100-6442710/

- Gotham City Sirens
    https://www.google.com/amp/comicbook.com/dc/amp/2017/07/21/david-ayers-takes-shot-suicide-squad/

- Justice League Dark
    https://www.google.com/amp/deadline...dark-doug-liman-leaving-movie-1202101272/amp/

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it fits with this interpretation of Batman to see his father try, even in vain, to fight a mugger to protect his family.

As was seeing his mother go so far to protect him.

• Like Like x 1