1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

DC Digital Service - News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Apr 25, 2017.

1. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

They've got to put content on there and they've got a library of old DC cartoons and TV shows so I'd imagine they'd fill it up with whatever they have available. They wouldn't make this new service and expect people to pay just for two new exclusive shows after all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't expect a lot of original new content from this service, at least not from the start. I think they would have announced all the projects they're working on for this platform all at once, and so far we only know about two of them (and only one is animated). I guess, as time passes and if the service proves successful enough they might bring out more but using it to exclusively host older shows (though I presume nothing older than the 90s) seems more plausible.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Don't forget that some DC-related content will be on the Boomarang streaming service, won't it? Or would older content such as the Super Friends shows more likely to turn up here?

• Like Like x 1
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I could be wrong, but I think Boomerang's service will mostly cover the comedic shows from Hanna-Barbera and Warner Bros., along with some new exclusive content like Be Cool Scooby-Doo or the Wacky Races rebooted series.

Before this new DC Streaming Service was announced, I did bring up the possibility of Young Justice ending up on the Boomerang service when it comes out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Agreed.

I hope YJ becomes available on Netflix outside the US in order to satisfy non-American fans who are disappointed that it's exclusive to DC Digital.

Yahoo! Screen may be one bad example of a fledging digital streaming network but one good example is WWE Network.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. SuperBumbleB

SuperBumbleB New Member

I hope it at least comes out on iTunes. Being able to 'own' a series digitally without having to stream or wait for a Blu-Ray (which may never happen) is be a big plus.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 Active Member

How do these services work? Will I purchase an individual episode? And once I buy an episode will I be able to watch it whenever I wish?

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

You basically pay for a subscription for the service and can then freely stream all the content :).

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. 2010GT4.6V8

2010GT4.6V8 New Member

any idea when and how one can subscribe to this service yet?

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

None of that information has been revealed yet.