1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

DC Comics Solicitations - September 2013

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece Active Member

Oooh Villains Month...well for me..

ACTION COMICS #23.1: CYBORG SUPERMAN
    ACTION COMICS #23.2: ZOD
    ACTION COMICS #23.3: LEX LUTHOR
    ACTION COMICS #23.4: METALLO
    AQUAMAN #23.1: BLACK MANTA
    AQUAMAN #23.2: OCEAN MASTER
    BATMAN #23.1: THE JOKER
    BATMAN #23.2: THE RIDDLER
    BATMAN #23.4: BANE
    BATMAN AND ROBIN #23.1: TWO-FACE
    BATMAN AND ROBIN #23.2: THE COURT OF OWLS
    BATMAN AND ROBIN #23.3: RA’S AL GHUL AND THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS
    BATMAN/SUPERMAN #3.1: DOOMSDAY
    BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #23.2: MR. FREEZE
    BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #23.3: CLAYFACE
    DETECTIVE COMICS #23.2: HARLEY QUINN
    DETECTIVE COMICS #23.3: THE SCARECROW
    DETECTIVE COMICS #23.4: MAN-BAT
    FOREVER EVIL #1
    GREEN LANTERN #23.1: RELIC
    GREEN LANTERN #23.2: MONGUL
    GREEN LANTERN #23.3: BLACK HAND
    GREEN LANTERN #23.4: SINESTRO
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.1: DARKSEID
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.2: LOBO
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.4: SECRET SOCIETY
    JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #23.2: ECLIPSO
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7.1: DEADSHOT
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7.2: KILLER FROST
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7.4: BLACK ADAM
    SUPERMAN #23.1: BIZARRO
    SUPERMAN #23.2: BRAINIAC
    SUPERMAN #23.3: H’EL
    SUPERMAN #23.4: PARASITE
    TEEN TITANS #23.1: TRIGON
    THE FLASH #23.1: GRODD
    THE FLASH #23.2: REVERSE-FLASH
    THE FLASH #23.3: THE ROGUES
    WONDER WOMAN #23.1: THE CHEETAH

3. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, the good thing about Villains month is that I'm going to be saving some money as my pull list gets noticeably shorter. I love me some Justice League Dark, but getting multiple issues of it, at an extra dollar a pop, for characters like Eclipso? Yeah....no.

Getting

-Aquaman #23.1: Black Manta
    -Aquaman #23.2: Ocean Master
    -Batman #23.2: The Riddler
    -Justice League of America #7.4: Black Adam
    -The Flash #23.2: Reverse-Flash
    -The Flash #23.3: The Rogues
    -Batman: Li'l Gotham #6

4. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes PBS: We rock harder than MTV

LOL...

(ECLIPSO: But I'm coming back! Really! I've got even more diamond-thingies! And, uh... I'm more purple than ever? (Beat) *Pleeeeease*?!)

;-)

What I'll be buying:
    * Adventures of Superman (digital versions)
    * Batman: Li'l Gotham (digital versions)
    * Batman '66 (digital versions)
    * Astro City #4

5. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

See, most of these issues have great potential with great villains, but I'd rather just pick up Flash #23.2 and #23.3 as well as Aquaman #23.1 and #23.2. Maybe I'll get another book is Nightwing shows up in one if them, I'm guessing The Court Of Owls issue for Batman is either really just an issue starring Nightwing or Talon, and the Ventriloquist issue really just stars Batgirl. If Nightwing appears in the Teen Titans issue with Deathstroke it would be interesting, but would also take away from the actual Teen Titans (that are nowhere near as good as the team of Dick, Donna, Wally, Starfire, Cyborg, and Beast Boy).

Also, those rumours that say Nightwing is going to die at the end in September must be false; next year is the Batman's 75th Anniversary, and Dick not only is an important character to the mythos by being the first Robin, appearing multiple times as Nightwing in minor and major stories, as well as actually being Batman for 2 years of the 75 years, his tenure ending simply because DC wanted to reboot everything. Also, the year after that, 2015, is the 75th Anniversary of the mantle of Robin, as well as Dick Grayson himself. So there have to be multiple large stories starring not only all the Robins that are actually alive (No, Damian!!), but have to have Dick Grayson there for it. Besides, Dick used to be a really popular character, even known as the heart of the DCU (I called him the true leader of the DCU because everyone follows his lead, even Batman and Superman), and I also heard that the sales of all the Batman books increased after the introduction of Dick as Batman. As for his popularity dying out slowly however, was actually DC's fault for not truly caring for the character. And even though Kyle Higgins is writing a magnificent story, and both Eddy Barrows and Brett Booth did great jobs with the art (hopefully Will Conrad can at least keep the momentum that Booth had), Dick is at his weakest because for a character that depends on relationships, he's got none. Damian is dead, he basically has no real connections to Barbara, Jason, or Tim, Wally and Donna don't even exist, Starfire is going around pretending to have forgotten him, Roy doesn't even care about him, Garth is still a child, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven have never met him, and the Pre-New52 relationship is nonexistent between Dick and Bruce. All he really has is Alfred, and all the secondary cast members from Dick's own book...

Okay I'm done with whatever I was getting at, I'm just really sad because the New 52 kinda ruined my favourite character even if the writer and artist have done a great job with him (and DC better not kill him at the end of Villains Month like those rumours said!). And yeah, to be more on topic, all these issues feature great villains but I don't really care for all of them, which is why I'll probably only pick up two of the Flash issues and all the Aquaman issues, as well as any issues that may have a cameo appearance with Nightwing.

6. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

I notice that All-Star Western isn't scheduled for September. I just dropped the book because of the Booster Gold x-over, and now, with news that Jonah is headed for 21st century Gotham, the whole steampunk thing is getting tiresome and out of control.

All I'm getting, methinks, is Batman '66 #3. Green Team doesn't appear to be on the list, either.

7. I_Spyral

I_Spyral Moonrider

action comics #23.1: Cyborg superman

action comics #23.2: Zod

action comics #23.3: Lex luthor

aquaman #23.1: Black manta

aquaman #23.2: Ocean master

forever evil #1

green arrow #23.1: Count vertigo

green lantern #23.1: Relic

green lantern #23.3: Black hand

green lantern #23.4: Sinestro

justice league #23.1: Darkseid

justice league #23.3: Dial e

justice league #23.4: Secret society

justice league of america #7.1: Deadshot

justice league of america #7.4: Black adam

superman #23.2: Brainiac

superman #23.4: Parasite

swamp thing #23.1: Arcane

the flash #23.2: Reverse-flash

the flash #23.3: The rogues

wonder woman #23.1: The cheetah

wonder woman #23.2 first born

8. Villano

Villano Member

I'll definitely be getting Batman '66, which will make it the only current DC title I collect.

After the backlash DC got when news broke that they were planning on killing off John Stewart, I doubt they'll kill off Nightwing. I think the rumors are due to DC's earlier plan to kill him off during Infinite Crisis. Luckily, Geoff Johns and Mark Waid were able to put a stop to that.

9. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

Turns out you're right, while it's confirmed that Nightwing is one of the central characters, along with Catwoman and Lex Luthor, of Forever Evil, but it is also confirmed that Nightwing's current arc ends in October, meaning Nightwing survives until the end. I guess I just got worried considering he shows up in Batman and Nightwing and with his own arc continuing through to August, but then being replaced by Villains Month, I thought there would be an in satisfying end as well as last second crossovers to give the character just that much more exposure before they died (like Damian...), but of course, I should have realized it would end knowing Will Conrad is going to join Nightwing as the new artist. Also, Nightwing just got a new annual announced for October, so it looks like Nightwing really will be receiving a big role after Forever Evil, as he seems to only be getting this annual because he is going to be a popular character, which is fine by me.

[​IMG]

So looks like I'll be picking up:
    Forever Evil #1
    Forever Evil: ARGUS #1
    Forever Evil: Arkham War #1
    Flash #23.2
    Flash #23.3
    Aquaman #23.1
    Aquaman #23.2

And possibly any of the Justice Leagues, Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman issues.

10. WoahJake

WoahJake Member

If Nightwing does you know.. Bite the dust.. I hope its not in action. I always saw Nightwing as the type to die peacefully in an alley way and I always saw Batman as the type to go out in action. Idk it would just seem like a very good way for Nightwing to go out, like Spike Spiegal in Cowboy Bebop.. Y'know?

11. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece Active Member

He won't die. They already killed off one Robin this year. At worst, Nightwing will be put on Earth 3 as rumored.