1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

DC Comics Solicitations - November 2014

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What I plan on getting:

Action Comics #36
    Aquaman #36
    Batman #36
    Batman and Robin #36
    Batman Eternal #31-34
    Batman/Superman #16
    Gotham Academy #2
    Green Lantern #36
    Justice League #36
    Justice League United #6
    Secret Origins #7
    Superman #36
    Superman/Wonder Woman #13
    The Flash # 36
    Batman '66 #17
    Batman '66: The lost Episode #1

General Comic Thoughts:

- Nice to see the Superman books, or at least Action and SM/WW, finally out of Doomed. Shame that Soule is off the latter, since I was looking forward to seeing more of what he had planned for the book after Doomed, but I apparently really missed out on Tomasi's Batman and Robin run so I'll still be checking it out to see what he brings. I've also read some interviews with him that definitely have me optimistic about the book :).

- Excited to finally see Atlanna in the flesh in Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter showing up is cool too :cool:.

- I don't know what's more delightfully surprising... seeing Black Hand finally back in Green Lantern, or Venditti using an actual established Green Lantern villain :sweat:.

- This has only struck me recently, but with this Godhead event, it looks like Venditti will finally have a chance to write Sinestro. Looking forward to that ;).

- While I'm still enjoying Justice League, and I think the Amazo virus arc sounds interesting, I hope Johns starts having the team take on more traditional world-ending threats. I'd like to see the current roster of the League, odd as it is, actually acting like a proper Superhero team before we get anymore status quo changes. As it is, Lemire's Justice League United stands as a more traditional Justice League book. Just something I'm hoping for in general for the book, even if I'm fine with Johns' current direction.

- While I'm not picking up Supergirl, it is interesting to see Kara getting another creative team change, especially when the last writer seemed to have a definite plan for the future of the series in interviews. I was even looking forward to seeing who Kara's new love interest ended up being...

- I'm getting close to dropping Flash, the only thing keeping me on the book being the chance to see the fight with Future Flash, Wally possibly becoming Kid Flash, and the love triangle finally getting resolved, but I'm not sure how long that'll last :sad:.

- Is that Felicity with Green Arrow? Neat. Though it looks like she's his new sidekick what with her costume, which reminds me of how despite DC being more pro-sidekick than Marvel, there's been a distinct lack of them in the New 52.

- Looking forward to seeing Two-Face in Batman '66 :D.

3. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

What's the status of Nicola Scott on Earth 2? I was going to drop the book after James Robinson left, but stuck with it since Nicola Scott was still doing the art? Is she no longer doing the art?

I was interested in the Jiro Kuwata Batman Manga, but am sort of confused. Do I get more/all of it with these reprints or the Chip Kidd Batmanga Book?

4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't read Earth 2, and wikipedia isn't always the most reliable source, but it says her last Earth 2 issue was # 22...

5. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman