1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

DC Comics Solicitations - May 2015

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by Comics.Bot, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

General note: those variant covers by Chip Kidd are stupendously, colossally boring. But I've never been overly fond of his design style because it's always seemed like flash over substance.

I am tempted at that LotDK Norm Breyfogle volume. I always liked his work when I was reading it intermittently in the 90's, and I hear he's had a lot of health troubles recently for which this book is intended as an aid.

That cover to the latest Red Hood and the Outlaws TPB reminds me of all the things I found infuriating in its treatment of Starfire as nothing more than a sex object, though.

I'll have to seek out some reviews/previews of the Paul Dini Black Canary/Zatanna: Bloodspell book. He can still hit them out of the park when he sets his mind to it, but I've been disappointed by a lot of his more recent stuff.

Astro City #23 has a talking gorilla taking a selfie on the cover, and he wants to be a drummer in a rock-and-roll band. If this does not supply 150% of your USDA recommended daily allowance of Awesome in one fell swoop, we can't be friends any more. I may need to buy that single issue just on general principle.