1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

DC Comics Solicitations - July 2012

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

Getting

-Justice League #11
    -Earth 2 #3: I like the old-school style lantern on Alan Scott's costume.
    -Aquaman #11
    -The Flash #11: Loving the slow burn introduction of the Rogues.
    -Superboy #11
    -Supergirl #11
    -Batman #11
    : Actually getting better as it goes, thankfully
    -Batgirl #11: Nice to see Lau back on covers. His ones to the previous Batgirl series were always great.
    -Catwoman #11
    -Nightwing #11
    -Hitman vol. 7: Closing Time TP
    : Wow, they really went all-out in finishing off the series. Nice.
    -Superman Family Adventures #3

May Get/Not Getting But Worth Note

-Captain Atom #11: Not a huge fan of Freddie Willams, but that cover is pretty cool.
    -Action Comics #11: "New Secret Identity." Please let that only be for this storyline.
    -Grifter #11: By July it'll be a few months into Liefeld's involvement, so there's about a 50/50 chance I'll still be reading at that point.
    -National Comics: Eternity #1: I like the idea of a series of on-off issues introducing characters, not sure if I'll get it monthly, though.
    -He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #1: I like the nostalgia idea. Not sure if I'll get it or not, though.

3. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes PBS: We rock harder than MTV

My July picks:

Will buy:
    Action Comics #11
    Superman Family Adventures #3

Might buy:
    Green Lantern: The Animated Series #4
    DC Comics Presents: Wonder Woman Adventures #1

And that's all... my usual blog elaborations here.

4. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

BEFORE WATCHMEN: OZYMANDIAS #1
    BEFORE WATCHMEN: MINUTEMEN #2
    BEFORE WATCHMEN: SILK SPECTRE #2
    BEFORE WATCHMEN: COMEDIAN #2
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #11
    EARTH 2 #3
    WONDER WOMAN #11
    ACTION COMICS #11
    SUPERMAN #11
    SUPERGIRL #11
    BATMAN, INCORPORATED #3
    BATMAN #11
    DETECTIVE COMICS #11
    BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #11
    BATGIRL #11
    BATMAN BEYOND UNLIMITED #6
    SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 #3

what is the true nature of superman's costume? what's that supposed to mean or imply? does the costume have some kind of sinister motive or is it a living symbiote that will take over superman? if the costume will be causing trouble for superman, i have an easy simple solution superman can use: CHANGE BACK TO THE REAL ORIGINAL CLASSIC COSTUME!

i hope this month really does bring us an end to the court of owls in batman. hopefully starting in august we'll see the villian in that story/arc be a well known or classic batman villian. maybe at that point i'll finally see what's so great about scott snyder.

a mad collection of batman for kids? there was definately nothing kid friendly in a previous mad batman collection i had.

5. VictoryStar

VictoryStar "Here is your first present~"

Mr. Snyder said that Issue 12 will be a one shot standalone issue so don't worry about the Owls for now.

Anyways, my list.

BEFORE WATCHMEN: OZYMANDIAS #1
    BEFORE WATCHMEN: MINUTEMEN #2
    BEFORE WATCHMEN: SILK SPECTRE #2
    BEFORE WATCHMEN: COMEDIAN #2
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #11
    EARTH 2 #3
    ACTION COMICS #11
    SUPERMAN #11
    BATMAN, INCORPORATED #3
    BATMAN #11
    DETECTIVE COMICS #11
    BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #11
    BATGIRL #11
    SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 #3
    GRIFTER #11
    TEEN TITANS #11
    THE RAVAGERS #3
    THE JUDAS COIN - It says it won't be released until September yet I see it here. Odd...

6. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Even though it's "Court of Owls" related we're getting Mr. Freeze in the upcoming annual. Even still, I don't think we need any classics in Batman since I'm pretty sure a lot of them are showing up in Batman's two other solo books. Also if you wanna know what's so great about Snyder I'd suggest his Detective run as well as American Vampire.

Really looking forward to the the Robin vs vs every previous Robin storyline in Batman and Robin. Especially can't wait for Robin vs Nightwing.

7. rggkjg1

i am looking forward to the annual. i'm just annoyed that it's a "court of owls" tie in, but i wont care too much if the court of owls have minimal to no relevance in that issue. unless mr freeze is somehow a member of the court and is teaming up with owlman.....

i have snyder's detective run but never got around to reading it. i guess i might as well read them. the bar has been set low though, so i really dont expect much from that either. classic/established villians are in the other bat-titles, but i'd figure if snyder was doing a "back to basics" batman story with a classic/established villian (with no ties to a secret criminal organization/secret society pulling the strings and comits crimes on his own with no clues/conspiracies that leads back to said group) i'd finally see the "genius" of him.

because of the continued indifference i've felt about his batman, i dont mind getting the ongoing book because i dont actually HATE it. if he does a batman mini series or something, then i'll pass. unless it's something that sounds interesting. i have no interest what so ever if a potential mini series is the history of the court of owls. just get this thing over with already.

8. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

I'm pretty sure that won't be the case. Just look at the description.

BATMAN ANNUAL #1
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art and cover by JAY FABOK
    On sale MAY 30 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
    • MR. FREEZE is introduced to The New 52!
    • What is Mr. Freeze’s relationship to the COURT OF OWLS? Is he an ally – or do they want him dead?
    • “NIGHT OF THE OWLS” continues here!

From what I've read from him, he's not really that type of a writer in the first place. He's all about long history and secret societies/organizations. So if you're not into that sorta stuff, his writing just isn't for you.

Have you read all 7 issues? If you have and all you're feeling is indifference it's probably best to drop the book and replace it with something you'd actually enjoy.

9. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes PBS: We rock harder than MTV

SPIDER-MAN: That sounds oddly familiar for some reason... (looks over to see Supes is writing notes while glancing at some old 80s Spider-Man comics) *HEY*!

SUPERMAN: What?!

;-)

Along with this story, "Action" is giving us the origin of the S-logo T-shirts for his stupid-looking "early days" "Lil' Abner" costume. Guess this might be why in the classic versions, Ma Kent usually made Clark's Superman (or Superboy) costume (though the Golden Age version made his on his own... doing a better job at it than DCNU-Clark). ;-)

10. rggkjg1

i've read all 7 issues. along with batman, i felt nothing but indifference for all the new 52 titles, i wouldnt have any dc title to read if i dropped a book because i'm not feeling anything. i'd rather keep a title and feel indifferent about it than feel "forced" into something truely god awful only because a big name writer or artist is doing it (frank miller). plus i've been getting batman every month since "bruce wayne: murderer?", i'm not about to drop the title now.

11. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Well if you're not enjoying any of the books, why keep wasting your money on them? I'm sure there's tons of other comics by Marvel, Image, IDW or multiple other publishers or even DC that have something on the shelves you'd actually enjoy reading. Also, I'm not suggesting you should flock to books that have big name creators on em for just that reason, if anything I'd suggest looking into lesser known creators like Jeff Lemiere or Sam Humphries and see if you like their work.

12. Pacman7821

Pacman7821 Member

Getting:

ACTION COMICS #11
    ALL-STAR WESTERN #11
    AQUAMAN #11
    BLUE BEETLE #11
    G.I. COMBAT #3
    GREEN ARROW #11
    THE FLASH #11
    THE SAVAGE HAWKMAN #11
    WORLDS’ FINEST #3

13. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

My comments:

- The nice thing about DC these days is that it's not very hard to not give them money for comics because I don't like the way they're handling Before Watchmen in any way, shape, or form. If I didn't want to gawk at cover art, I could probably just skip the entire "DC Universe" section entirely.

- DC Comics Presents: Wonder Woman Adventures #1. I have no idea why DC is putting this out now, but far be it from me to turn down Wonder Woman comics drawn by John Delaney and Bruce Timm, with at least some of them written by Paul Dini.

- I am vaguely curious about that Judas Coin HC, but not $23 curious.