1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

DC Comics Solicitations - January 2012

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes PBS: We rock harder than MTV

Will buy:

Mister Terrific #5
    Action Comics #5
    Superman #5
    Static Shock #5
    Tiny Titans #48
    The All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold #15

Might buy:

Justice League #5

3. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

Getting

-Justice League #5: Apparently, in the Ocean, Aquaman doesn't have the means to fully shave.
    -Aquaman #5: After the first issue was nothing but bad Aquaman jokes, I shudder to think about "Aquaman vs. Sand!"
    -The Flash #5
    -Green Arrow #5: The only thing keeping me here is the creative team change. Maybe not much more if it doesn't turn out good.
    -DC Universe Presents #5
    -Superman #5: First issue wasn't that great. Hopefully it will improve.
    -Superboy #5: Since I dropped a few DC books after the first issues didn't impress me, I figured I'd give this one a go, since it wasn't that bad.
    -Supergirl #5: Same as Superboy.
    -Batman #5
    -Batgirl #5: As much as I detest how we got here, the first issue didn't blow, so I'm biting my lip and giving it a go.
    -Red Hood and the Outlaws #5
    -Nightwing #5
    -Grifter #5: CAFU's already off the book? Man, I hope that's only temporary.
    -All Star Western #5
    -Tiny Titans #48

May Get/Not Getting But Worth Note

-Teen Titans #5: I dropped it after the first issue. That Kid Flash costume there doesn't make me regret that at all.

4. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

That's not Kid Flash's costume on the cover of #5, that's Tim Drake's Robin costume.

5. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

I know it's not his regular costume (I really doubt they'd go for a costume change already five issues in), but I can't imagine a scenario where Kid Flash would have to wear another persons costume to fight Superboy. It just doesn't sound like something I'd pay to read about.

6. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

I think a simple explanation would be that Bart ends up at Tim Drake's HQ with no costume, and Superboy comes crashing in, and in need of a costume he just takes the Robin one that Tim has in a case or something. Something like that happening isn't something that would make me not want to read a comic, but different strokes for different blokes and all that.

7. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

He has his own cloth mask under Robin's, so unless he's there naked, there's no reason he can't fight Superboy in what he was wearing, since his identity isn't compromised anyway.

It's not the sole reason I don't want to read it. It just adds to the previous reasons I had with the first issue, reinforcing me not wanting to keep reading the series.