1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

DC Comics Solicitations - December 2013

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes PBS: We rock harder than MTV

More thoughts on my blog, but here's what I'm interested in for DC for December:

Adventures of Superman #8 (digital-first)
    Batman ’66 #6 (digital-first)
    Teen Titans Go! #1
    Batman: Lil’ Gotham #9 (digital-first)
    Astro City #7
    Batman ’66: The TV Stories TPB

And that's all. I suppose DC's still getting money from me, despite zero interest in the New 52... :p

3. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

My pull list continues to chip away into nothing. A few of the few remaining I have are going through creative changes, too. Outlook not so good.

Getting
    -Justice League #26: I love Reis, but they should have had Lee draw that cover just to drive the point home a little more.
    -Justice League Dark #26: If this thing doesn't go back to $2.99 post-Forever Evil, I may drop it just on principle.
    -Aquaman #26: Johns off of Aquaman kind of stinks, but Parker's good so I'll at least give it a shot.
    -The Flash #26: This book, though, I may end up dropping now that the old team is leaving. I was only getting it for the art before, so unless the new team is amazing, it's probably a drop.
    -Batman/Superman #6
    -Batman #26
    -Demon Knights vol. 3: The Gathering Storm TP:
    Still need to get vol. 2, though.

May Get/Not Getting But Worth Note
    -Forever Evil #4: Sweet crap, that cover is beyond awful
    -Forever Evil: Rogues Rebellion #3: That, on the other hand, is a pretty cool cover.
    -Earth 2 #18: The past, like, three months worth of issues have all been "Earth 2 Batman." No wonder Robinson left.
    -Swamp Thing by Brian K. Vaughan vol. 1 TP: Vaughan did a run on Swamp Thing? I may have to look into that.

4. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Batman '66 6 & TV Stories TPB. That's all I need.

5. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

My comments:

- I might get that TPB of the Matt Wagner Demon issues. Pretty sure I own all of them as single issues, but it's been a while and more Matt Wagner comics ain't a bad thing.

- Maybe on the Superman Family Adventures TPB, too.

- Fables #136 and Fairest #22 are two of the best covers this month, IMO.

- I am vaguely curious about that BKV Swamp Thing TPB, too, but I remember he had some not-positive things to say about those comics (and not in a false-modesty kind of way). So maybe I'll save the money and wait for that to hit my library.

6. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

FOREVER EVIL #4
    ACTION COMICS #26
    SUPERMAN #26
    SUPERGIRL #26
    BATMAN/SUPERMAN #6
    SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #3
    SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #6
    HARLEY QUINN #1
    DAMIAN: SON OF BATMAN #3
    BATMAN #26
    DETECTIVE COMICS #26
    BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #26
    BATGIRL #26
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #26
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #10
    WONDER WOMAN #26
    EARTH 2 #18
    ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #8
    BATMAN '66 #6
    BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE #3
    LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #1
    SMALLVILLE ALIEN #1
    THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE #2
    BATMAN '66: THE TV STORIES TP
    VERTIGO ESSENTIALS: 100 BULLETS #1
    VERTIGO ESSENTIALS: AMERICAN VAMPIRE #1
    DC COMICS ESSENTIALS: WATCHMEN #1
    DC COMICS ESSENTIALS: ACTION COMICS #1

Is the Dark Knight 100 Page new material or reprints like the other 100 pagers from a year or two ago?

Alrighty. If it wasn't official enough, the Batman '66 TV Stories trade (not sure if it's the concept of this collection or just the new cover) makes it even more official that the Adam West Batman/Batman '66 is the greatest thing to ever happen to the comic book Batman in MY life time (1987 to present). I hope the cover for this trade will be reused on an actual comic. I also wish this was a hardcover collection as well since hardcovers look nicer and I fully intend to get any and all Batman '66 material autographed by respective creators and stars from the tv show, which would be better in a hardcover than soft. Of course the biggest "problem" here is that we can't exactly go and watch these episodes. I hope this trade is a sign of things to come regarding Batman '66. I want to see that canceled Mike Allred Adam West Batman story/original graphic novel get released finally (which would of course reprint that story featured in Solo AND the original BATMAN Batusi cover art).

DC just needs to go all in with Batman '66. Forget Villians month. Give us Batman '66 month. 3D covers on all 52 titles that feature the Adam West Batman. BIF BAM POW on a 3D cover? Yes, awesome. Forget "Zero Year" month on in November. Forget Grant Morrison's Multiversity. Forget the New 52. Forget it all, there is no comparison. Batman '66

7. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece Active Member

Alright, time for another long list...

Action Comics 26(Lets see what Pak has to offer)
    Aquaman 26(I guess I will give this book another try with the new writer, not saying I didn't like what Geoff was doing at all, I just haven't been reading since Throne Of Atlantis)
    Batman 26
    Batman and Two-Face 26(This arc really will debate whether I drop this book or not, the last arc was just so painful..)
    Batman/Superman 6(A great writer and a great artist should make for a fantastic book!)
    Constantine 9(Cover appears to be a FE tie in, but the solicitation makes no note of it. Bad marketing by DC)
    Earth 2 18(Hopefully this book is in better hands with Tom Taylor or I will be dropping after his first issue(In October I believe))
    Forever Evil 4(Hoping this is another Batman than Bruce Wayne, I just don't like the idea of it being him...but ya know, whatever happens happens.)
    FE: Argus 3
    FE: Arkham War 3
    FE: Rogues Rebellion 3
    Green Arrow 26
    Green Lantern 26
    Green Lantern Corps 26
    Green Lantern New Guardians 26
    Justice League 26("A member of the Justice League struggling to survive returns?" Cyborg is that you?)
    Justice League 3000 1(Giving this issue a try before deciding if I will continue)
    Justice League Dark 26(Always up for more Constantine!)
    JLA 10(Not a fan of the writer, but I am interested in more Stargirl, though I don't care for a character study of her and MM)
    JLA's Vibe 10(BUY THIS BOOK! It needs the sales to continue!)
    Nightwing 26(Haven't been following NW's Chicago journey, but now sounds like a good time drop back in!)
    Suicide Squad 26(Looks like a fun tie in..)
    Superboy 26(Whoo, new writer plus good looking art! I'm in!)
    Supergirl 26(YES! Loved this writer on Braniac's one shot, so glad he is on a Superman title! And I am interested in the new Lobo..)
    Superman 26(Glad to see Lobdell not doing a crossover this month and even better, Kenneth is on art! Plus Parasite! Should be a good issue!)
    Superman Unchained 6(Story is very predictable but I'll keep playing along for now..)
    Superman/Wonder Woman 3(Though I was a fan of this couple, I think it's almost time to have them split, maybe keep thing going till next fall and have it be the next event.)
    Teen Titans 26(One last try with the FE tie in, Lobdell was fun on this title till the culling crossover pretty much ruined it.)
    Flash 26(NO! Wish the creative team stayed, at least they have another book coming. Really hoping we get a good creative team next month!)
    Pandora 6(I've enjoyed the Trinity War tie ins and look forward to seeing how this books work without a event...which seems to not be for awhile.)
    Phantom Stranger 14(Looks like I'll need to read this since it ties into JLD and FE)

That's all from me, 29 titles. And I believe even less titles from Marvel in December.