1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

DC Comics Solicitations - April 2012

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

GET
    Gears of War #23
    Blackhawks #8
    Green Lantern #8
    New Guardians #8
    Grifter #8
    Men of War #8
    Red Hood #8
    Red Lanterns #8
    Supergirl #8
    Spaceman #6

MAYBE?
    Animal Man Vol 1 TP
    Batwoman Vol 1 HC
    Mister Terrific #8
    Fury of Firestorm #8
    Get Jiro! HC

WHY?
    Ame-Comi Hawkgirl v2 statue

Yeah, with the cancellation of Men of War, the completionist in me is going to get the final 2 issues of the series, even though they are unrelated to the first main arc and issue 8 is essentially a bonus issue of Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE with its series writer co-writing #8. It will also be my final issue of Grifter in April based on people's opinions of Rob Liefeld (even though no one has explained how his writing is to me). Plus, I am interested in George Perez's artistic interpretation of #New52 Supergirl.

As for the maybes, the first two are because of their critical acclaim. Mister Terrific has the Blackhawks and might tie-in to Worlds' Finest (which I am getting). Fury of Firestorm may be a digital pick-up because of the concept. And, I am intrigued by the Anthony Bourdain book Get Jiro! and its idea of a Los Angeles run by crazed chefs.

I'm still wondering why Ame-Comi still exists in the era of DC Bishoujo figures. And this from a guy who still likes the Marvel Mangaverse concept.:confused:

3. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

justice league #8
    wonder woman #8
    action comics #8
    superman #8
    supergirl #8
    batman #8
    detective comics #8
    batman: The dark knight #8
    batgirl #8
    batman beyond unlimited #3
    batman: Odyssey vol. 2 #7

4. King9

King9 Embraced One

5. VictoryStar

VictoryStar "Here is your first present~"

About those trades...I went to go preorder the ones from last month on Amazon and it said on there that they wouldn't be released until May and it had these up also but it said these (Like Animal Man for example) wouldn't be released until June. :sweat: Is there something I'm missing?

Anyways, I'll be getting

Batman #8
    Action Comics #8
    Justice League #8
    Green Lantern #8
    Suicide Squad #8
    Red Hood and the Outlaws #8
    Detective Comics #8
    Teen Titans #8

#5 VictoryStar, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  6. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

I think it may represent the one-month gap between the direct market and the mass market retailers like Amazon. It was like that for me when I pre-ordered the trade for Schism and Tale of Sand graphic novel from Amazon. Comic retailers had them last month but I did not get them until this week when they finally shipped.

Sent from my DROID X2 using toonzone

7. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

I always say to people, don't rely on other's opinions, regardless of how justifiable they may be. They're opinions. They vary by people. Give it one issue, if it doesn't impress you, don't go any further. That's what I plan to do, and I'm one of those same people loathing him taking over the book.

Anyway, my thoughts on the solicits:

My only big change this month is that I dropped Red Hood. Not because I viewed it as "offensive" or anything like others. It just wasn't doing it for me.

Getting

-Justice League #8
    -Aquaman #8
    -The Flash #8
    -Green Arrow #8: Really hope that Nocenti can turn this book around.
    -DC Univese Presents #8: Still unsure if I'll keep this after the Deadman arc. It's hard to tell with anthology books.
    -Superman #8: You know, I just figured it out. Between the tie-ins to Stormwatch and now the Daemonite thing, this book really can't find it's own voice. That may be the issue I have with it.
    -Superboy #8: All this Gen-13 stuff is kind of making me want to search out the old series and give it a shot.
    -Supergirl #8
    -Batman #8: This "Court of Owls" thing is doing nothing for me either. The fact that it's next month's big event worries me.
    -Batgirl #8
    -Nightwing #8
    -Catwoman #8: No Guillem March art? Boooo!!!
    -Grifter #8: Potentially the last one depending on how this Liefeld stuff plays out. Although now that CAFU's Blackhawks is ending, can we get him back on Grifter?
    -All-Star Western #8

May Get/Not Getting But Worth Note

-Batwoman #8: Pretty nice little cover, there.
    -Teen Titans #8: Too....Much...Electric...Tron...Influence....
    -Starman Omnibus vol. 1 TP: Very tempting. I tried to get into it a while back with single issues from dollar bins, but I couldn't get a solid run, and it made it hard to read jumping around. May give it a go here.

8. VictoryStar

VictoryStar "Here is your first present~"

Ah I understand. Thanks for clearing everything up for me.

9. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes PBS: We rock harder than MTV

Will buy:
    Action Comics #8
    Static Shock #8
    Green Lantern: The Animated Series #1

Might buy:
    None.

More remarks on my blog.

The smallest DC list in awhile, and smaller now that this is the last month of "Static" (though "Superman Family Adventures" will be coming in May or June)...

Hopefully the GL:TAS comic will be entertaining, esp. with Tiny Titans' staff on board.

10. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I think the only confirmed pre-order this month will be that Challengers of the Unknown Omnibus, because Jack Kirby (which is just about all the justification I'd need to pre-order al

Other than that, I'm vaguely curious about the Batman: Black Glove Deluxe Edition and the Batwoman: Hydrology HC, but I think I'm going to take a second swing at Grant Morrison Batman through the library before I plunk down cash for it, and I've liked the Batwoman stuff I've seen so far but I don't know that I like it enough to spring for a hardcover of it.

Also vaguely curious about Get Jiro! in the Vertigo section, but I like-but-don't love Anthony Bourdain and it feels like I've already read this book in Iron Wok Jan or a book from Oni whose name I can't even remember any more. Definitely not curious enough for a hardcover price tag.

11. Pacman7821

Pacman7821 Member

ALL-STAR WESTERN #8
    AQUAMAN #8
    BLUE BEETLE #8
    GREEN ARROW #8
    O.M.A.C. #8
    STATIC SHOCK #8
    THE FLASH #8
    THE SAVAGE HAWKMAN #8

Sad to see O.M.A.C. ending, as that was good fun. Oh well. I'll also pick up some trades to.