1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC Comics Cinematic Universe" Movie News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by the greenman, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Didn't they already confirm Supergirl emerged from that pod in the ship Clark found in MoS? So she couldn't be on Brainiac's ship...

• Like Like x 1
  2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they never said we'd get an appearance from her. Wasn't it like a couple thousand years ago or something?

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, back in ~18,615 BC during he period when Krypton sent out their scout ships. Kara left the ship behind. That was in the prequel comic. I forget if it's officially canon but it was written by Goyer, Johns, and Snyder.

I guess they could say Brainiac visited Earth in prehistoric times and took a chunk of land that Kara happened to be living on -- and tie that to the mystery continent theories.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Honestly, I'm pretty happy with the live-action Supergirl we have right now. I don't really need to see her in the DCEU :sweat:.

Though seeing Braniac in a Superman movie is long overdue :cool:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

All things we've heard so far seems to say that the lighter tone in JL comes from Warner Bros and not Snyder. Right off the bat that's a bad sign, or at least potentially. It's tough for me. I almost always side with the director, they're the ones with the vision and the studio should stay out of their way. However, I've hated both of Snyder's movies (and much of his filmography if I'm being honest), and feel that a lighter tone is needed, though that kinda scream "studio input." I think they could have gone a long way in improving their reputation by replacing Snyder, maybe sticking him in as a producer to involve him in some way. No matter what, this mixed perception towards the DCEU may well end up hurting box office amounts significantly. I think an enormous amount of pressure is based on Justice League's opening weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  6. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

That planned Booster Gold film from Berlanti will NOT be connected to the DCEU:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/booster-gold-movie-wont-be-in-dc-universe.html

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Warner is vested in the extended universe. I'm doubtful they would continue with stand alone films especially of the more famous/fan favorite characters. But on the other hand, I'm sure those who hate the current movies are relieved with Berlanti's comments.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

It's not up to Berlanti to have Booster Gold separate from the DCEU, If Johns and WB want to use Booster Gold there nothing Berlanti can do or say anything about. He's not Chris Nolan.

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

500 Posts reached. Will start Part 2 shortly.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.