1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC Comics Cinematic Universe" Movie News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by the greenman, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

At this point, we can't fault the filmmakers as much as the studio heads.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. the greenman

Pretty sure we have both our Bats solo and now Supes sequel dates:

Oct. 5, 2018 and Nov. 1, 2019.

Man of Steel sequel might be first.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Just for the mark, this has nothing to do with the Suicide Squad movie. I mean yeah I saw it; and it was decent, certainly better than BvS, despite it’s problems, but that’s not relevant here. Nor is this regarding the upcoming WW or JL Movie, or MoS 2. This is something different.

Warner Bros. Pictures? Warner Bros. Studios? Do you know Greg Berlanti? You know anyone working on the live-action DC tv shows on the CW Channel? Do you also know the guys in the animation industry like Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, James Tucker, Jay Oliva or the like? And do you also know the people working on any of the DC based video games?!

Just-Hire-Them!!

… Okay?!

Just.. Buy-Them!

Forget Zack Snyder, forget David Goyer and the like, just fire those guys, pull the plug on the DC Cinematic Universe altogether, make a soft reboot of it, and have it be in sync with the CWverse; and get the cast and crew who work on them to help produce the big budget movies as well, then you can have your own equivalent to the MCU, where all the movies and shows ARE canon.

And while you're at it, drop the embargo nonsense, that way both the movies and shows, as well as the cartoons and video games can all share the rights to the same source material.

This way you can all work from one another, you can all make profit from one another, you can make reception from one another, you can all share the same rights to the source material and creative licenses, and we get the products, and the satisfaction as fans; and everybody's happy!

I'm sorry if this sounds eye-rolling, but it really can be beneficial for WB, as well as to the fans of DC Comics itself. There are more endless possibilities that I think can work, and certainly work better than how they're operating now.

Just so long as they don't let the success of the films dictate their creative liberties with the comics, cartoons, and video games themselves of course. (Still looking at you Marvel.)

• Like Like x 2
    #464 Troy Troodon, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  5. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

As long as Zack Synder ain't making it I'm good for a Man of steel sequel.

Can't take no more of Zack Synder hoodwinking the people.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Perhaps, it's likely a race of which script gets approved first and/or who's available when. But maybe they already had an outline or part of a Man of Steel 2 script before they went with BvS?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm just happy to see they haven't given up on Superman movies :sweat:.

Be interesting to see how Justice League sets up the Superman status quo that the sequel would likely have to pick up from...

8. the greenman

WB DC confirms SHAZAM will be set in the current DCEU:

http://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-h...-warner-bros-recent-dc-comics-misfires-489840

9. dmxx116

#469 dmxx116, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2016
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dmxx116

12. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Or like I said earlier, they could just do a soft reboot and have it be in the same continuity as the CW shows so the staff and crew can help work on the movies.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Well, that's a nice idea, but it would be a bit difficult. The two continuities would clash with issues such as two Supermen and two Flashes. The Arrowverse crew is already stretched thin with all the shows. Plus do viewers have to watch the TV shows to know what's happening in the movies? Those are some questions that would come up if DC seriously considered bringing the two universes together. But I see what you mean; the Arrowverse is pretty much a better DCEU on TV.

All I know is the DCEU can't continue the way it is. I only have hope for Wonder Woman at this point. If that and Justice League are not so great, I think I'm near done with this universe. Those two movies are pretty important (female hero movie/DC's greatest superhero team). While both Comic-Con trailers impressed me, after watching Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman looks like the only movie with solid storytelling as far as the footage showed. I hope the right changes are being made, because the current DC Comics Extended Universe is just depressing me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Wouldn't that be something. I was on board to see his JLA movie years back and it's cool to see Miller is in the internet's good graces after Fury Road. I can imagine how crazy it would look seeing Orion battling parademons, etc.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #474 Rick Jones, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  15. dmxx116

16. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I don't think it'd be wise for George Miller to be given any long term plans when he's already pushing 71.

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Wonder Woman and Justice League will probably be fine, or at least better off, so long as Warner Bros. holds off on any executive meddling this time around :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  18. the greenman

I think that's the real problem, 'executive meddling'. These guys who have power over these filmmakers. That's why I think Ben Affleck is probably the best one to head the continuty (maybe with a little help from Kevin Smith). The problem is both of them have been burned by studios to some degree to another. They simply don't wanna be sheperding something that some nameless exec can come behind and mess with. Affleck has power, but not like Spielberg power.

• Like Like x 2
  19. dmxx116

20. the greenman

Well, those rumors about Brainiac have been around ever since MoS. Supergirl is relatively new, but how to make it work is a question.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.