1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

DC Comics announces multi-verse crossover event "Convergence" for April 2015

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Nov 3, 2014.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

DC Comic has announced a massive two-month event that will cover the publisher's 80-year history, touching upon multiple realities, universes and much more! Details are available at USA Today.

2. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

So here's to hoping for a better DC

3. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

88 issues in two months all to give time for the DC offices to pack up and leave NYC and move to LA. Unless something has changed, no characters from the New 52 Earth will be appearing (outside of Earth-2 that is). Hopefully this means it won't be a steaming pile of crap like most DC stuff is since the relaunch.

4. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

DC Comics has released an expanded promo image highlight many of the universe featured in the upcoming two-month event. Click on the thumbnail below for a closer look.

[​IMG]
    Lots of people are viewing this thread, but no one is chiming in! Come on and leave your two cents!

5. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I just want the Titans back to normal, everything wrong with the New 52 is linked with every single member.

6. darkdetective

darkdetective Former TZ Reporter/Reviewer

I'd actually by an omnibus of this (though given its size, two omnibi). Its got the DC One Million characters! I love those guys! I think this'd also go well with multiversity.

7. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

Is the New 52 DCU one of the multiple earths, or is it part of a whole different universe that has it's own different earths? I think it's getting to a point where there are too many earths/universes and we need to thin them out. Does every single Elseworlds story have to have its own earth? No. Does Captain Carrot need to have his own Earth? No (I know some here aren't going to like that suggestion). Does the Flashpoint altered timeline need to survive as it's own Earth? No.

I like alternate universes/Earths when it comes to the Crime Syndicate, "Flash Of Both Worlds", Post Crisis/Pre Crisis DCU, but now it just seems like every single "what if? scenario" whether it actually happened or just got made up on a whim by a writer to create an alternate universe/earth for the sake of their story gets it's own, well universe/earth. It comes across as no real legitimacy when compared to the alternate Earths/Universes I don't mind. Seriously, for all I know there could be an Earth set in the Superman Returns universe and we can see what happened following the movie.

8. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Who cares this may be our ticket back to Pre new 52 and actual enjoyable heroes

9. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

[​IMG]

Going by that image and from the Convergence promo, I'll be picking up the classic Titans, DickBats, and probably Kingdom Come.

10. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

11. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

News has come out on the first ten mini-series for the event and this sounds amazing! My jaw dropped with some of these! I'm hoping this event comes out in a nice Omnibus release.

EXCLUSIVE: The Question, Stephanie Brown Feature in DC's "Convergence" Miniseries - Comic Book Resources

Here's Some Of The Insane Things Happening During DC Comics' Convergence

12. darkdetective

13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Y'know, as much as this event is probably just going end up being filler so that DC has comics out during the move, with the announcement of these books and this creative team I'm actually more excited for this than I am Secret War. I mean we have:

- Classic Superman and Lois married, and about to have a child. That kiss :D!

- Gail Simone writing DIck and Barbara finally getting married (must be a dream come true for her ;)).

- The return of Renee as the Question, and written by Greg Rucka.

- The real WALLY WEST with his family in tow :).

- Stephanie as Batgirl getting her own issue.

- Flashpoint villains as antagonists to get beaten by the real heroes :p.

Looking forward to the announcement of what other books will make up Convergence :cool:.

14. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I think New 52 Supes has gotten a lot better recently, especially under Greg Pack and Scott Snyder's pen, but otherwise, agreed :sweat:.

I have to wonder if anything New 52 will be effected by this event, or if they're saving a proper remake of Crisis of Infinite Earths to do that? Considering the Anti-Monitor doesn't seem to have anything to do with this, I'm assuming the latter.

16. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

The question now is, is it Superman's kid or is it Richard White's? My question is, how is it biologically possible for an extra-terrestrial from another planet with a completely different biological and DNA makeup able to have children with a human Earthling? Even if said extra-terrestrial somehow loses his powers, that still doesn't change his biological makeup and DNA. Unless possible depowering process can also make the alien biology and DNA human, but that sounds too much of a stretch than a process that can simply take away his powers.

My next question is, apparently it's not OK 8 years ago to give Superman a kid in a feature film. I thought Superman Returns was one of the worst movies ever, why are we revisiting this concept of Superman (possibly) having a kid? Wait a minute, this is the Superman Returns earth I hypothetically suggested existed a few days ago, isn't it?

17. darkdetective

Actually I recall a comic before Flashpoint (I think it was when Supes was walking across America) where Lois and Clark were talking about how its biologically impossible to have a kid, and that obviously bothered Lois somewhat.

18. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Yes the REAL DC Universe is back. Looks like I am gonna be buy DC again next year.

19. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

The only one missing from this who got screwed over in the New 52 is Tim Drake hopefully he'll show up in Stephanie's book.

Fabian Nicieza wrote some of the first issues of New Warriors, that's a very good choice.

Louis is pregnant? Am I the only one who liked Chris Kent?

20. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

YES YES Tis A Beautiful Day! We Finally Take back The TRUE DC!