DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Dallas Kinard

Dallas Kinard Active Member

It'll happen. With Wonder Woman's popularity right now, I think it's almost a sure thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Your fourth film is very similar to the third arc of the Batman '66 Meets Wonder Woman '77 story. If you haven't read it, the limited series has a young Bruce Wayne and his parents encounter Wonder Woman, Ra's al Ghul and Nazis during World War II, jumps ahead to 1966 where Batman & Robin team with Wonder Woman to repel an attack on Paradise Island led by Ra's and Talia, and jumps forward again to 1977 with Diana following a lead to Gotham City only to find Batman in retirement and Nightwing & Batwoman (Dick and Barbara) protecting Gotham.

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, except go with a WW villain from the '77 show. I all Ra's'ed out at this point. He's been used a lot this past couple years. Oh, she's Batwoman in '77 That's an even cooler idea. I'd love to see that happen in animation.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

If you stretched it just a little, I can kind of see "Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow" being R Rated, or possibly a PG-13, considering what gets in these movies and still gets a PG-13. Then again, very few people would watch an R-Rated Superman film.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

There was going to be an end tag in Batman vs. Two-Face that time skipped to 1977 featuring Wonder Woman and an older Batman in Wayne Manor, now decked out to show the new time period. EDIT: That would have the perfect passing of the baton. i.e. Wonder Woman thanks him for the help in one of the investigations, Batman pledges he'd always come to the aid of another do-gooder in the service of justice, WW salutes him, muses she can take it from here, and flies off into the night sky -- could even stage it as a nod to the WW live action ending.

Another quote of Ward from NYCC where he's pretty sure there's more of him as Robin on the way.

Jelenic pitched an animated take of Tim Burton's Superman Lives script.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    #165 Yojimbo, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  6. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

After we got Batman and Harley Quinn and the new upcoming Scooby -Doo and Batman:the Brave and the Bold crossover I hope we get a lot more movies from Bruce Timm and James Tucker in their universe for the next few years or more.

• Like Like x 2
    #167 dmxx116, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  8. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

WB seem more open than ever to revisiting their old productions, so frankly, at this stage, I think anything is possible.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dallas Kinard

Dallas Kinard Active Member

Bring on another Batman Beyond film. Or heck, even a BTAS proper movie. Justice League Beyond is what I'd want more than anything at this stage.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. iammattie

iammattie Member

As far as DCAU productions go, my wishlist includes:
    The BTAS vampire story that they couldn't get past the censors.
    The gun script Burnett keeps talking about
    Near Apocalypse
    Justice League Beyond (let's put Static and WW in since we were told they were members by that time)
    A Jonah Hex film
    A LOSH film starting right when Kara is left in the future and immediately regrets her decision (just for the sake of humor)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I would take anything from the milestone universe.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1