1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Apr 23, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the thread dedicated to discussing the DC Universe Animated Original Movie line and any other animated features starring DC Comics characters! Keep up-to-date with the latest news, trailers, interviews, images, reviews, and so much more!

To check out the newest information, look for the newest post in this thread for any updates. For more news and the latest information on what DC Animation is coming, check out the links below:

-The World's Finest News Page

Archived Threads:
    - DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)
    -"DC Universe" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)
    -"DC Comics Premiere Movie" Animated Features News & Discussion Thread, Part 6
    -The Official DC Animated DTV News & Speculation Thread, Part 5
    -The Official DC Animated DTV News & Speculation Thread, Part 4
    -The Official DC Animated DTV News & Speculation Thread, Part 3
    -The Official DC Animated DTV News & Speculation Thread, Part 2
    -The Official DC Animated DTV News & Speculation Thread, Part 1

Release History:
    Writer, Director, Character Designer, Animation Studio List
    Post Your Thoughts!

Related Thread:
    -The "DC Universe Animated Shorts" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Note: Once a DTV title is officially announced, it will be spun off into its own thread. Even if a title has been confirmed as in production, we will wait until an official announcement before creating a thread for said title.

Note #2: DC Universe Animated Original Movie line rebranded DC Comics Premiere Movie as of Superman vs. The Elite. It has been rebranded back to DC Universe Animated Original Movie as of The Dark Knight Returns.

Want to know what Marvel Animation DTVs are coming? Click here for more!

#1 RoyalRubble, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017
  2. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that I like this trend of boosting the end of the previous thread with old posts to get it up to the 500-post limit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

If you don't like something, reach out to an Admin or Mod with a detailed private message instead of making a vague public complaint that detracts the thread as soon as it was posted.

If you're talking about MDawg's Watchmen thread that was merged into the past thread, it's not an old post. He's may be reporting news that's already been linked but he quoted from the survey, adding new info to the thread. That's why we didn't just outright delete his thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #3 Yojimbo, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  4. Otaku-sempai

Maybe I am interested in finding out if others share my displeasure or if it's just me.

I'm not; I'm referring to the ten posts from May and June of 2014 that round-out the end of the thread.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Huh? If you can you post a grab of the last posts.

I think you're seeing a glitch. The last 10 posts are not from May and June 2014. The last 10 posts are supposed to be the last 4 from April 14, 2017, 1 from Thursday, 1 from Friday, 1 from Saturday and 3 from today (then Royal's thread closed post).

Did you make a new post from page 1 of the thread today? Can you try and delete cookies, refresh the page, and see what the last 10 posts are.

• Like Like x 2
  6. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

To back what Yojimbo said above, the last full page of posts in the previous thread fall between April 10, 2017 and yesterday. It seems as though you may have inadvertently changed a setting or hit a glitch. I recommend taking a screengrab if at all possible so it can be passed along to the higher-ups here at the forum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Otaku-sempai

Okay, here's what I'm seeing: The last new post on page 25 of the previous thread is post #500 from Frontier, Yesterday at 10:46 AM. After that it cycles back to post #1 through 11 (all marked as "New'), with ;post #501 at the top of page 26. I've seen this happen when other recent threads have reached their post limits as well.

8. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Please relay these finds in this thread. That should help get this addressed in a timely manner, ideally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Otaku-sempai

So, prior to SDCC, maybe we could get a little DC animation news from MegaCon in Orlando in May? Just a trickle will suffice.

• Like Like x 1
    #9 Otaku-sempai, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

From last year's MegaCon, I only recall West and Ward hinting at the release date for the first 66 DTV. But I think historically for MegaCon, the only info has been from voice actors giving little tidbits so depends on if any guests this year are on upcoming projects.

11. Otaku-sempai

Yeah, Adam and Burt don't seem to be on this year's roster. Neither are Bill Shatner nor Julie Newmar listed. I see a few names who have provided voices for DCU animated movies in the past, but none I recognize from upcoming projects.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #11 Otaku-sempai, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

@Greg91 found an article by Home Media Magazine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think a movie set around Tamaran and Starfire retaking the throne from Blackfire would be sensible given all the teases we've had to her backstory and relationship with her sister over the course of the two Ttians movies :).

And I certainly wouldn't mind more Nightwing and Starfire :D.

If they're planning spin-offs or solo's in conjunction with the DCEU, then I would imagine there's something in the pipeline for Wonder Woman and Aquaman given one's got a movie coming out next month and the other has his solo film on-track. I guess Batman too :sweat:.

As far as spinoffs...I'm not sure who would be the most obvious other then the main League members, though I guess anything focused on the JLD would count as a spinoff ;).

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe the former since the latter hasn't done much since Throne of Atlantis.

Batwoman, Batwing, Batgirl, Zatanna, Constantine, Swamp Thing could be possibilities, too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

He was at the Hall of Justice meeting at least :sweat:.

Batgirl's also got a movie in production, so that might give more incentive to doing something with her. If not in-continuity, maybe an adaption of Batgirl: Year One :)?

The latter three I would also expect to get more development in another Justice League Dark film, but I'm not against solo movies for any of them ;).

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Uh yeah... he was.

They still got Lauren Montgomery's old pitch somewhere...

True, and also we might see more of Zatanna in 'regular' Justice League movies. The other 2 tend to work alone so they're adept at...solo movies, imo. Though Swamp Thing is the harder sell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm still kind of hoping we get something cosmic-based for the next Justice League movie so all those cosmic heroes who just popped up in cameos at the meeting in JLD could get a spotlight ;).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, "cosmic" is the new buzzword those other guys are using...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

If we do get a DC Cosmic movie I'm really hoping it involves the Sinestro Corps. We really haven't seen any members outside of Sinestro in animation and it'd be cool to see some.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

True, nothing aside from that brief cameo in Emerald Knights. I'd like to see the Omega Men used somehow, though.

• Agree Agree x 3