1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I don't know, all the movies or projects I would want are kinda in the morgue.

Lauren Montgomery's Aquaman
    Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
    Lauren Faust's Super Best Friends Forever
    Gail Simone's Birds of Prey (Black Canary, Batgirl, Huntress)

All projects I would want as a full length 70 minute film

2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Lauren Montgomery wanted to do an Aquaman movie?

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yup, ever since the early days of the DCU movie line. It's also in part why she boarded Aquaman in Crisis on Two Earths. She also pitched a Batgirl Year One movie. Adam Green pitched an Aquaman movie back in...2009. Was called Aquaman: Hero of Atlantis. It featured Aquaman and Ocean Master versus the Kordax.

4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I just hope to see more all-ages animated flicks, hopefully another JLA Adventures.

5. EmaHalJordan

EmaHalJordan Active Member

According to a website of Spanish dubbing, a new film Justice League Lego is on the way!
    the dubbing studio says it's ready in Spanish and that the news has not yet been given in English. The title is LIGA DE LA JUSTICIA LEGO: ATAQUE A LA LEGION DEL MAL (in inglish: Justice League Lego: Legion of Doom Attacks)

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Not sure if it was pertinent to the DC Universe line but it turns out Phil Bourassa and James Tucker are currently in Seoul, South Korea at the Emation animation studio. I don't recall every DC animation they did, but I know they did a few episodes of The Brave and The Bold.
    https://instagram.com/p/15VrO4wxQs/

7. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Looks like we'll be seeing Talia in next year's Batman DTV:

@4:06

[video=youtube;1bmkxnscK-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bmkxnscK-U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I think it's highly likely we could be seeing a loose adaptation of Batman: R.I.P. next year.

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Makes sense Talia could be back. I did speculate the next one could be Batman Inc. and in the comics, Talia reforms the League or part it as the Leviathan. Considering its membership, could also be a way to introduce several new characters to the canon as well.

9. Nexonius

Nexonius Formerly John Dorian

I wonder if WB and DC will announce the next three DTVs (not related to all the lighter hearted fare that's been released this year) next year during SDCC 15'.

10. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

That'd be a pretty good way to focus on Damian, although if anyone were to die I'd hope it would be Bruce... At least then Dick could take over, if Damian had something happen to him... Well, there goes the main character of these movies.

I know this will never happen, which is why I'm so comfortable saying it, but if Leviathan was introduced, we could have Spyral also set up with the Batman, Inc. story, and whether Dick became Batman or not, we could at least have him graduate from being Nightwing into something a little better...

I really do hope we get some vague hints of the future DTVs at SDCC this year, at the very least... SDCC already seems packed with the TV series' and the movies' getting some focus, so let's see if the animated side gets focus, too! :D

11. Nexonius

So I have taken a screencap of my DMs with James Tucker and asked him if he was going to direct another DTV and while he couldn't discuss it for obvious reasons, he did say he was directing again (also asked if he would board more shorts on Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles):

[​IMG]

My guess is that the 50th anniversary of the 66' Batman series will be the DTV he's directing. Can't say for sure though.

12. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

So, no DC Universe Animated Original Movies for fourth quarter this year?

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Spyral? Must be something new. EDIT: Oh yeah, the spy agency. D'oh!

I wouldn't worry, news and panels for animation won't suffer.

That's cool, he's going back to directing. Should be fun.

Why would you think otherwise? There hasn't been a movie release in the fourth quarter for years. That last time that happened was in 2011 when Batman: Year One released on October 18. The TDK Deluxe was in October 2013 but that was a special rerelease.

14. Pfeiffer-Pfan

I'll be looking forward to that DTV James Tucker will be directing. Like you, Nexonius, I suspect it has something to do with Batman '66.

Also, in the unlikely event Timm is talking about a Scoody Doo DTV, I figured I'd put this here:

Bruce Timm Talks Justice League: Gods and Monsters, Suicide Squad's Harley Quinn and More - SuperHeroHype

Next year?... interesting.

15. -batmat-

-batmat- Active Member

Bruce Timm working on more DTVs? Hell yeah!!

16. Pfeiffer-Pfan

The next DC Universe DTV will be BATMAN: BAD BLOOD.

[​IMG]

Head to the 'iTunes Extra' portion for Justice League: Gods and Monsters and see for yourself.

Mod Note: Batman: Bad Blood discussion thread opened!

• Useful Useful x 1
    #156 Pfeiffer-Pfan, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
  17. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Hmm. "Bad Blood". Wonder if that's a bad sign about Damian, assuming this is still going with the continuity of Son of Batman?

18. Pfeiffer-Pfan

It definitely seems like a retro design of O'Mara's Batman (Are we still calliing him New 52 Bats?) and with Morena Baccarin supposedly reprising her Tailia role, it's pretty much a given that Damian's story will continue.

Hopefully, this drops before Christmas.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nexonius

This will probably be released in January-February next year since there are usually 3 DC DTV movies a year (and WBA's DTV 2015 DTV output had a lot movies released this year).

20. Pfeiffer-Pfan

True... but IF the second release is a continuation from Throne of Atlantis and the third is potentially Batman '66, then where does Bruce Timm's DTV for next year fit into all this. Hopefully Comic-Con sheds some light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.