1. Enter for a chance to win "Digimon Adventure tri.: Reunion" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  3. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Yes, this does seem like a job for the DC Classics line. Along those lines, I'm also sure that others might like to see a Smallville animated movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TheGreatOne2

TheGreatOne2 Active Member

I would like a superman movie with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher. Maybe a Lois and Clark Animated Movie

• Like Like x 1
  3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I could see them doing the Lois & Clark seeing how both Cain and Hatcher have returned to genre stuff in Supergirl. Maybe an anniversary will have them do, it's like pushing thirty years by now.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Otaku-sempai

Lois & Clark debuted in 1993, so 2018 will be the twenty-fifth anniversary.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Going back to a post from @Yojimbo back in 2015, it's pretty interesting to see what the hints were leading up to. It's actually fun! :D

Was watching a recording of the NYCC roundtable with James Tucker and he did throw some hints for the 2017 slate (begging worked!) at the 4:45 to 5:-54 mark. Something to the effect of 'a character will appear who is a fan favorite who had good exposure recently but didn't quite work out will resurface. The two in continuity movies for 2017 will be fairly original. There are one to two more adaptations they want to do but have to be reimagined for this ongoing continuity and timeline.'

Justice League Dark and The Judas Contract hints so far back is funny to see. @Zorkel567 guessed correctly about the JL Dark's lead character!

I definitely want to see an original Superman movie (outside of the shared universe). A traditional Superman with the bright colored costume, villains besides the main few, and a really strong story is what I'm waiting for. Tim Daly and Dana Delany returning would be nice but are unnecessary for the movie to be great. That's all I'm looking for; a great movie.

I don't think Batman and Kevin Conroy are getting worn out since people are still eating up anything with Batman or Conroy in it. I can't blame WB/DC for going where the money is.
    Yeah, I'm disappointed they haven't gotten to that by now. The Arrowverse proves they don't have to rely on Batman and yet people still eat up Batman content more than anything else so I can't blame DC/WB for sticking with him since sales are decreasing and they need the money to keep things going. It's annoying, but really fans need to stop focusing on Batman so much and support other heroes in my opinion.
    Yeah, I kind of thought the same thing, plus Yojimbo did mention hearing Green Arrow could appear in a DC animated movie years back, but that might have just been Batman Unlimited.
    Yes, a movie based on the 1990's Flash would be cool and a bunch of the cast have returned for the 2014 show like Mark Hamill, Alex Desert (Nick Fury from Avengers EMH!), Amanda Pays, and of course John Wesley Shipp.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It was an unconfirmed bit during time time when it was announced Timm was stepping down from the DCU line in March 2013. But yeah, it was likely in reference to Batman Unlimited, LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League vs Bizarro League, or maybe the DC Nation short series.

Still a lot of fun hints and ideas floating around waiting to be realized like the return of the scarred Black Manta.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. beyond94

beyond94 Member

I hope that James Tucker and Mike Carlin will do a animated Justice League story based on the War Of The Gods story arc in the New 52 continuity. The story should happen before the R rated Justice League Dark and should be PG-13. I love to see Circe as the lead antagonist but also a make her a villain who loves to boast a lot and as casting goes actress Amy Pemberton the voice of Gideon fro the TV series DC's Legends Of Tomorrow I think could do the character Justice since she does a lot of voice work. She would fit in well with Jason O'Mara, Rosario Dawson, Jerry O'Connell, Matt Lanter, Shemar Moore and the rest of the Justice League cast. It would be fun to see the women center stage in a DC animated movie than the men for a change and if writers like Gail Simone, JM DeMatteis and Ernie Altbacker could do a decent story the way the upcoming Teen Titans The Judas Contract is expected to be then I hope that they can do the same if they chose to do that story for next year. Plus it would be fun to hear the voice of Gideon show her voice acting skills in dramatic fashion

17202870_10211314283364883_4082749006907921608_n.jpg

8. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Someone online was saying they won't mind seeing DC's animated movies focus on DC Rebirth. While I think it's a bit too soon for us to see that with 2018's movies likely being finished up, are there any character portrayals or storylines you'd like to see as a movie?

For me, the new Green Arrow and Wonder Woman comics could work well as movies. Also, if DC and WB wanted a movie more aimed at all-ages, Super Sons would be great or a Superman movie with Clark and his son. A sequel to Batman: Bad Blood based on the current Detective Comics run would be exciting as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, Tucker has said that the in-continuity movies will stick with what they've been doing (however New 52-inspired they may still be to some degree), but I imagine they'll continue to pick and choose what they'd like to use and may take some inspiration from some of the currently-running Rebirth comics :).

Certainly if we ever get to characters like Supergirl and Green Arrow (who may well exist now that we know Speedy was one of the original Titans), I would much prefer they be closer to their current Rebirth (and thus more classic) depictions then how they were presented in the New 52 ;).

A movie based on Super Sons would probably be really fun, though given the difficulty in incorporating the Jon Kent Superboy into the in-continuity movies without a large time-skip, it would probably have to be reserved for an out-of-continuity film. Still would really love to see it happen though :anime:.

Of course there's definitely some Rebirth books that could feasibly segue into the main continuity quite well. The status of the Batfamily at the end of Bad Blood could probably develop into something resembling the 'Tec team fairly easily and introduce some fan-favorites (Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown, Cassandra Cain) :cool:.

And of course there's still a bevvy of classic stories that Tucker and Co. can adapt into the main continuity, like Judas Contract :proud:.

Just a lot of possibilities going forward...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

Maybe not Rebirth itself, but the stories after Rebirth? Too much of Rebirth seems dedicated to 1) saying New 52 is out of play and 2) attempting to accommodate that New 52 sort of happened, but Pre-Flashpoint is back in play. I think it'd be a bad starting point for movies unless they wanted to do a story specifically on how the universe as we knew it was changing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

At the Judas Contract panel, it was asked if there were plans for Static. Tucker naturally gave a cryptic response.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Otaku-sempai

Here are more movies I'd like to see under the DC Classics banner:

The Caped Crusaders Meet Jonny Quest
    When Ra's al Ghul (David Warner) joins forces with Doctor Zin to bring down civilization as we know it, the Dynamic Duo and Batgirl (Tara Strong) team up with Team Quest to stop them. Will Talia, the Daugher of the Demon (Helen Slater). help them or thwart them?

The Caped Crusaders and Wonder Woman: Trail of the Demon
    Adapting the Batman '66 Meets Wonder Woman '77 limited series.
    - Adam West as Batman
    - Burt Ward as Robin/Nightwing
    - Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman
    - David Warner as Ra's al Ghul (Ricardo Montalban would be my pick if he was still with us)
    - Helen Slater as Talia
    - Tara Strong as Young Bruce Wayne and Batgirl

I don't know enough about the limited series for further casting.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    #452 Otaku-sempai, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  13. Jon T

Jon T Friendless Spidey

Count me in as another who would very much like to see an animated movie based on the 1990s Flash series. It's rather well known that, before the original television series was actually cancelled, a story outline (if not a draft script) had been written for the intended season two double-length premiere that would have united Captain Cold, Mirror Master, and Trickster as a team against the Flash. Certainly I could see Mark Hamill being interested in settling this particular "unfinished business"...

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm....if I had to guess, this might mean Static will still be part of the cast of Young Justice, and that their are other plans for him that we're not privy to right now :cool:.

I know there was some rumbling about a Statci web-series that never seemed to materialize into anything...

15. Otaku-sempai

I wonder if the return of Milestone (Milestone 2.0) might complicate any animation plans for Static.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, we haven't heard anything about Milestone 2.0 in a long while, so it's hard to say :ack:.

And I remember Tucker saying a while back he wasn't sure about the Milestone animation rights, so I'm wondering what he knows now that we don't o_O?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I'm sure he'll be part of YJ, but this is separate from that. Tucker has little to do with that. I'm sure when the Miles Morales Spidey film hits we might see DC come up with something.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. Otaku-sempai

I don't think that anyone has mentioned that Lex Luthor never made an appearance on the Adventures of Superman television series. We should get an animated movie that addresses this. It should be the 'mad scientist' version of Lex though I don't know who I would cast other than bringing back Clancy Brown. For that matter, Ben Affleck (because of Hollywoodland) as George Reeves' Superman?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. beyond94

beyond94 Member

If WB animation does a future #JusticeLeague animated movie that more of a #WonderWoman story I think that the producers should re cast the voice the character from Rosario Dawson to #JessicaStroup from Marvel's #IronFist. I feel; she has more earnest and more compassionate rich feminine heroic tones than Miss Dawson and more believable which is why she had very few lines in #JusticeLeagueVsTeenTitans and #JusticeLeagueDark. I have nothing against Miss Dawson. She's a good actress but I just can't get into how her voice fits the character in a story arc in the animated New 52 franchise. I feel the producers owe it to the fans of the character to have a more believable voice that fits who the character was meant to sound and more active to the story content. If Miss Stroup has an available schedule to do her first voice over role and if she's interested, I think it would be a positive change of the DC Universe animated franchise

20. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

Take with a grain of salt, but The Long Halloween is rumored for 2019:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.