1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious Active Member

So is this one of the else worlds story or is the JL Dark part of the Damian verse continuity???

2. Wag

Wag Member

Is Detective Chimp showing up? That's all I really care about.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Justice League Dark? Oh man, sign me up.Immediately my most anticipated DC DTV. IMO, almost their whole roster is made up of sadly underrated characters, some who have never really gotten to appear in animation. Also, like Assault on Arkham, maybe we'll get a live action version in a few years.

I do hope it's a standalone, though. I don't need it to connect with the other films.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DJMcNiff

DJMcNiff New Member

Unless the pattern of two connected films followed by a standalone changes, it will be a connected film.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if Justice League Dark could possibly have been the movie Stana Katic recorded for (Zatanna)? Though it was so long ago that I'm not sure if that's actually possible :sweat:.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe, but April 2014 was a bit too long ago. I heard she's voicing Talia in the next Arkham game or something?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

I hope the JLDark team members are: Zatanna, Constantine, Jason Blood/Demon, Swamp Thing, and Andew Bennett, I-Vampire.

With the main villain being Mary and her Cult of the Blood Red Moon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #1 defender

#1 defender Member

Stana Katic played Talia in 2011's Batman: Arkham City and hasn't reprised her role since. You might be thinking of the remaster of the first two Arkham games coming out very soon. It's called Batman: Return to Arkham, but it's just the first two games re-released on a new engine for the current generation of consoles, so obviously she'll be in that. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Got it. Thank you for clearing that up. Going back to the tweet, it wasn't Gary saying she would be back -- it was more of wishful thinking or a hope to get her back someday.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be ironic if we soon had more solid information about Justice League Dark than for the Batman '66 animated movie? JLD already seems a sure-enough bet that James could add it to the list at the beginning of this thread. He hasn't dared do that yet with the earlier project.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

That's because it's highly unlikely Batman '66 will be apart of the DC Universe line. It'll be announced roughly four months before release as with most of their animated output.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

That's me who makes those lists on James' post. I wait until official announcements.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Otaku-sempai

Fair enough! It wouldn't pay to irritate any sources at the studio by jumping the gun too far ahead. Although that does make me wonder how much information you (and James) are sitting on because you don't feel free to spill it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    #313 Otaku-sempai, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't know what you're talking about. Us? Nah.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

If the Justice League Dark movie isn't a rumor, and this movie is connected to the others...what if Orm's in the movie somewhere? I admit, it's unlikely, but Orm is a magic-based character. What if
    involved needing Orm's magic expertise, seeing how badly the Justice League fared against more supernatural threats. Just a theory.

16. Otaku-sempai

Well, we know that Justice League Dark is not just a rumor. The bonus content to accompany Batman: The Killing Joke is a fact, even if it hasn't yet been confirmed by official sources. If the Throne of Atlantis stinger has any real relevance at all then it could possibly tie into this movie, but it could also turn out to be a wild goose chase.

• Like Like x 1
  17. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Chase Conley's DeviantArt page lists two projects he worked on as Warner Bros. DTVs: Batman Classic and Batman: Harley Quinn. Some of the work might be NSFW.

Mod Note: Added grab of deviantArt ID
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    #317 M.O.D.O.K., Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2016
  18. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Interesting stuff.

I'm assuming Batman Classic is the Adam West/Burt Ward DTV, which is a great name for it. Although I wonder if more people would recognise 60's Batman.

IF you check his facebook page, you can see warm up sketches of Harley Quinn (Very B.T in look). However, the image is definitely NSFW.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I just saw his Facebook page, and I didn't like his work.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I would've thought they'd go with Batman '66 for the title, given the comic, but Batman Classic works as well (even if does make me thing more Silver Age or Brave and the Bold Batman then the show) :).

I'm really wondering about Batman: Harley Quinn though...is there something Harley related that's coming up that they would time that with? Or is just riding the current zeitgeist of Harley Quinn popularity by giving Harley her own movie :sweat:?

And is it separate from the DTV Feature line like Classic, or one of the in-continuity movies or possibly the next standalone o_O?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.