1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

DC Comics Animation - Comic Book News & Discussion Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 3, 2007.

1. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Are these bulletpoint synopsi going to be the new standard in DC comics? Can't say I like it

2. ndb

ndb Member

I dunno about this issue, but the last one did absolutely nothing for me.

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I stopped reading the comic half way through #0. In the least, I give them credit for using a Silver Age villain for this upcoming issue.

4. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

For fans of Superman: The Animated Series, DC Comics is releasing a special DC Comics Presents: Superman Adventures one-shot in June 2012, collecting four issues of the acclaimed classic comic. Click here for the details.

5. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan I Will Find Him!

I'll be buying that

6. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

Hey - great news! Always nice to see this work reissued...

7. James Harvey

DC Comics has released details on their July 2012 shipping comic titles, including titles which fall under the animated banner. Check out the details at The World's Finest!

DisneyBoy, it looks like one of those titles is aimed directly for you!

8. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

Yes, I know! Wonder Woman fans are already abuzz about this trade and I say HURRAH! Those are definitely the best "Adventures" stories Diana ever got, and I'm so glad to see that they'll be getting a bit more exposure :)

9. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

DC has launched a DC Nation app on iTunes that will cater specifically to the all-ages market (since you know, main line DC comics really have managed to once again alienate anyone who isn't a male and over 18 at this point. Great going there!)

The app will have a number of books free to celebrate the launch.
    The article mentions that over 100 titles will be available at 99 cents each and that more will launch each week.

This app is a pretty nice move by DC. I like the fact that they realize they're missing out catering to the market segment who may not want to be weighted down by their ever-spreading continuity and other various complaints, so having a place to find all-ages stuff is cool. Also having Batman Adventures and other older comics is a really nice touch. A lot of these things have been out of print and in most cases, never collected, so good on them for that.

I do hope they haven't forgotten the Android side of the house though. The DC Comics app there hasn't been updated in months and they haven't even bothered to use the current logo.

10. Riddler

Riddler Active Member

Thanks for the heads up on the app! I immediately went and downloaded it. I hope they start releasing more original content... maybe a monthly comic book featuring one of the shorts!

11. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

Wait? Both Young Justice series will be on there for a dollar an issue? Man, they're two bucks a pop for each on Comixology and there both series I want to buy (Well, I have over half of the issues of the new tie-in series physically).

12. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

The new DC Nation app and Comixology use the exact same pricing, so neither Young Justice series has issues for a dollar, although for the 90s YJ the first issue is free.

13. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

Ah, I thought that one line was implying that all of the books on the DC Nation app were a dollar. I'm aware that the first issue of the 90's Young Justice is free, that's how I know that I already enjoy the series.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

15. James Harvey

Fans of the DC Animated Universe may want to pick up DC Comics Presents: Wonder Woman Adventures #1, on sale now. The 100-page collection of Wonder Woman-themed stories from the classic Adventures in the DC Universe comic!

[​IMG]

16. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Not actual comics, but I thought I would post this anyway, (sorry if it is old news, but this is the first i have seen of these.)
    The DCAU lives on... aside from GTAS... ;)
    http://books.google.com/books/about/The_Man_of_Gold.html?id=klbzkhy-kpwC
    click the link and look at all the other DCAU books they have below (yes they are for kids, but it is still cool.) :)

D.

17. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I really like the cover. :D

Are the stories canon with the DCAU or not?

18. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

No. Adventures in the DCU Universe was written before we got an expanded look at the canon, so there are a ton of plot inconsistencies. Kyle Rayner is still Earth's Green Lantern, Connor Hawke is Green Arrow, Flash is dating Linda Park and Barry was still his predecessor. It's a whole bunch of things.

19. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Man I wish they would do a spin-off of the DCAU in the comics, like what they did for Batman Adventures in 2003 (if they can't/won't do TV shows) Sure Batman Adventures didn't last very long, but the art and stories were fun. I liked how they updated and changed a few of the characters colors and such (Ivy and Two Face.) Man wouldn't a Flash or Martian Manhunter Adventures JL style Comic rock! :) And don't anyone say it... the BT and Co. DCAU will never be dead. ;) And GLTAS doesn't count... Unless BT decides to make it somehow fit into the DCAU continuity.

D.

20. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I think Timm has reiterated that he has no intention of doing so. He even scoffed a bit when someone suggested that GLTAS might be about the time-displaced Hal Jordan that Static and the Justice League met in "The Once and Future Thing."