DC Animation Blu-ray/DVD News & Discussion Thread, Part 18 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

It's time for the 18th installment of the Official DC Animation Blu-ray/DVD News & Discussion Thread - the most informative DC Animation DVD/Blu-ray thread online! Outside of official Blu-ray and DVD talkbacks, this is the place to post all your Blu-ray and DVD news and comments! Want the latest news? Well, keep reading this thread!

Spring 2014 Update:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Batman: Assault on Arkham - August 12th, 2014 (Blu-ray and DVD)
    Young Justice - The Complete First Season - August 12th, 2014 (Blu-ray)
    Beware The Batman - Season One, Part Two - September 30th, 2014 (Blu-ray and DVD)

To check out the newest information, stop by The World's Finest and also look for the latest posts in this thread for updates. For more news and the latest information on what DC Animation is coming to DVD and Blu-ray, check out the links below:

-The World's Finest News Page
    -The World's Finest - Releases Section

Archive:
    -The Official DC Animation DVD/Blu-ray News & Discussion Talkback, Part 17
    -The Official DC Animation DVD/Blu-ray News & Discussion Talkback, Part 16
    -The Official DC Animation DVD/Blu-ray News & Discussion Talkback, Part 15
    -The Official DC Animation DVD News & Discussion Talkback, Part 14
    -The Official DC Animation DVD News Talkback, Part 13
    -The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 12
    -The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 11
    -The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 10
    -The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 9
    -The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 8
    -The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 7
    -The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 6
    -The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 5
    -The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 4
    -The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 3
    -The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 2
    -The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 1

Note #1: If you post spoiler material, please use the proper tags.
    Note #2: This thread covers standard DVD and high-definition (e.g., Blu-Ray) releases.
    Note #3: Please keep the discussion and this thread on-topic. Thank you.
    Note #4: If you have any thoughts or feedback on how this thread is run, please let us know!

Want to know what Marvel Animation DVDs/Blu-rays are being released? Click here for more!

2. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Mod Note: Discussion continued from DC Animation Blu-ray/DVD News & Discussion Thread, Part 17 (Spoilers).

As I feared, they've opted to put both parts of "The Siege of Starro!" on the second volume, since those episodes did air with the second half of season 2.

This is a bummer because those who just wanted the second half of season 2 (like myself... possibly) will now be tempted to buy both season 2 volumes. Good for the distributors, but somewhat annoying for the customers.

To think that the reason for all of this is probably that Cartoon Network refused to have the first half of season 2 end on a sad note, and thus decided to air the two-parter with the second half of the season.

3. suss2it

suss2it New Member

I don't get it. If you only want the 2nd half, and the two-parter is on the 2nd half, what's the problem?

Warner Home Video handles DVD releases, and I can't seem them caring all that much if it ends on a sad note.

4. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

What I mean is that if I were to buy season 2 volume 2, I'd be tempted to get volume 1 in order to have all of the Starro episodes.

True, but I suspect their choice of distribution of episodes on each of these releases is influenced by the way Cartoon Network aired the episodes. The fact that they have "Sidekicks Assemble!" right after "The Golden Age of Justice!" on season 2 volume 1 suggests this, since "Sidekicks Assemble!" was the 8th episode of season 2 in production order, not the 6th.

5. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

Also Long Arm of the Law makes more sense before Death Race with regard to the Woozy Winks introduction, but it is listed in airing order.

6. adoptedBatpuppy

adoptedBatpuppy Confidence is the Key

Does the order really matter that much, unless the episodes are two part ones?
    or if the series is in continuity....
    Would be better if they included commentaries and special features at least for some of the episodes and released the whole 1'st and 2'nd season all at once.

7. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

8. James Harvey

A Young Justice: Volume One DVD release from Warner Home Video has been announced for a July 19th, 2011 street date with a $14.97 SRP. No early details are available as of yet, not even cover artwork, but further information on this single-disc is expected to be released very soon. Stay tuned to The World's Finest for further updates.

9. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

Sounds like another soccer mom edition. Haven't they given up on those yet?

10. James Harvey

Click on the thumbnail below to view the trade ad for the Young Justice - Season One, Volume One DVD release.
    [​IMG]
    The new Young Justice - Season One, Volume One DVD release from Warner Home Video has been announced for a July 19th, 2011 street date with a $14.97 SRP. Stay tuned for further updates.

11. the greenman

the greenman Active Member

Possibly. I'm guessing the first four to six episodes will appear on this set. They still got aways to go if most of the first half of the season isn't even in the can yet.

12. suss2it

suss2it New Member

This and Brave and The Bold are begging for Blu-Ray releases. They already release episodes of those two in HD on iTunes, Amazon & PSN so they might as well do it for Blu-Ray as well.

13. James Harvey

The trade ad and episode details for the upcoming Young Justice - Season One, Volume One DVD release are now available at The World's Finest.

14. Dayspring

Dayspring New Member

It's basically float money while waiting for complete season sets to come out.

That Justice League Fun-Pack 3-DVD set is kind of cool. Too bad it comes out after my cousin's bday; he'd love it.

By any chance, do we know what the difference is between the 2-disc special edition and the regular (probably 1-disc) version of the Green Lantern DVD is, yet?

15. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

Does anyone know how many units of the Wonder Woman BluRay were sold, to date? I've been trying to find that number for some time, and I'm not sure where to look. Thanks.

16. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond New Member

Well, it appears that the difference between the 2-disc and 1-disc Green Lantern: Emerald Knights DVD is that the 1-disc will exist, while the 2-disc will not.

17. James Harvey

Warner Home Video has issued a press release for the upcoming Young Justice - Season One, Volume One DVD home video release, which is available to view here.

18. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Ah Young Justice on DVD at last. Warner seems quicker to release Warner shows than CN's originals so I'm thinking MAD will hit DVD before Regular Show or maybe even Adventure Time.

For my thoughts on this release allow me to reference one of my favorites sketches from Animaniacs.

It's time for another GOOD idea BAD idea.

GOOD idea; Releasing Young Justice on DVD

BAD idea: Releasing Young Justice on single DVDs with only 4 episodes

Yeah yeah it's a soccer mom release and I get that. They did it with Brave and the Bold though only with a few releases before that one went box set only. I'm hoping that will be the case with Young Justice so I wont be buying this unless I see it for dirt cheap.

19. Garada

Garada Mechanical Monster

Seriously, why no BD love for Batman : The Brave & The Bold? I WILL NOT double dip, and it's killing me. I really want this series, but since I've upgraded to Blu and I KNOW this show is animated in HD, I will only buy it on BD. It's frustrating since all of the DCU DTVs come out on Blu right away. What's the holdup? Same goes for YJ. Curse you, WB!!!

20. Wag

Wag New Member

I guess WB thinks cartoons are just for kids so they don't go out of their way to put their new series out on Blu. I wish they would stop doing this- all their new animated shows are produced in HD and should have a simultaneous DVD/Blu-Ray release. We're at the point now where many people (including me) won't buy DVDs anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.