Daria inspriration for Spongebob episode "Chocolate With Nuts"

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by DaffyDonaldQW93, Apr 14, 2012.

1. DaffyDonaldQW93

DaffyDonaldQW93 Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znbc_LZVQLA

This Clip (i say CLIP- mods!) shows where the writers of Chocolate with nuts got their idea from.

I guess I was right questioning orginality in plots and gags in Nicktoons and other cartoons when I was 10.

2. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Dozens of cartoons have had "characters sell chocolate bars from door to door" episodes, including fellow Nicktoons Invader Zim and Jimmy Neutron.

3. Dr. Daedalus

Dr. Daedalus I presume.

^ Not to mention Doug. Remember the Bluff Scout Booster Bars episode?

4. DaffyDonaldQW93

DaffyDonaldQW93 Member

But doesn't the lady bear resemblance the fish who lost weight, the old lady fish (and her mother), and the fish who's famous in memes for going crazy for chocolate (CHOCOLATE!) combined?

I think Chocolate With Nuts was based on that scene in Daria and possibly some others in the episode (only saw this clip). It was more of a coincidence, as Daria and Spongebob are both owned by MTVN/Viacom.

5. Master Toon

Master Toon New Member

It's not a stretch to say that this is where they got the idea. I have written small stories based off a scene of a show that lasted a few seconds (or few minutes). However it's not really clear if they did or not. And if they did I'm not sure if it would be worth discussing (no offense).