1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Daredevil Week: Favourite Daredevil Origin?

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by Stu, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Hey,

To celebrate the release of Marvel's Daredevil coming to Netflix this Friday, both the Comic Book Culture and Marvel Animation Forums will be started special Daredevil themed threads up until it's release on Friday.

Daredevil was one of the rare early Marvel creations to receive his own comic book from his debut, rather then a featured characer in an anthology book. Daredevil #1 told the story of Matt Murdock, who as a boy was blinded by a radioactive isotope while saving an elderly man from a truck carrying the chemicals. The accident would blind Matt, but gave his remaining senses superhuman sharpness and a radar sense.

When his Father was killed for refusing to throw a fight, Matt tracked down his killer and began fighting crime as Daredevil.

The story has been told numerous times now, with Frank Miller and John Romita Jr. retold the story, removing his yellow costume and relocating most of the story to San Fransisco and Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale revelling Matt's early days in Daredevil: Yellow. The tones are dramatically different in each of the stories and the new show looks to take its cues from The Man Without Fear, but which is your favourite? What do you like and dislike about each version?

[​IMG]

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

I'm going to come back and edit this after reading, but I wanted to ask this. Would the Bendis Arc "Golden Age" count as an origin story? Unfortunately I only have Daredevil Yellow and the "Golden Age" arc.