1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Daredevil" Episode 12 "The Ones We Leave Behind" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Please note, this thread may contain spoilers and references to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"Marvel's Daredevil" is a live action series that follows the journey of attorney Matt Murdock, who in a tragic accident was blinded as a boy but imbued with extraordinary senses. Murdock sets up practice in his old neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen, New York where he now fights against injustice as a respected lawyer by day and masked vigilante at night.

[​IMG]
    Episode 12 "The Ones We Leave Behind" Talkback
    Friday, April 10, 2015 @ 12 a.m. on Netflix
    Fisk seeks revenge while Karen is haunted by recent events. Daredevil makes a startling discovery about Fisk's financing

If you saw the whole season and want to talk about it all:
    #1: "Series Talkback"

2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Well, a fitting ending. My favorite scene involved the classical music. I think Greg Weisman said classic music and action derives from "The Godfather", and makes sense that film inspired a lot of things, with the exception of Hip-Hop and Kung-fu; that was Wu-Tang Clan :). Anyways, pretty sure we'll see Owl Jr. show up in Season 2. While I am still kinda disappointed Fisk doesn't carry himself more debonair with cigars and such, I don't mind this take on him. More grounded and human if anything. Killing Urich disappointed me a little too, but I see this as the series departure from the film, and honestly between the film universe. Some people think Pepper Potts should have died in Iron Man 3, and that would have raised the bar too.

The problem with the film deaths is it could grow old real quick. I mean we know what happened in Age of Ultron, and people could care less. Not only because we had little to none emotional investment into the character, but because most of us didn't like him. Urich accomplished the purpose of death or murder, but the shock value, even after Wesley's. An argument can be made, that death was not about Wesley anyway, but Karen, who we know see in a different light. It also supplies an out for Matt, who had someone very capable of uncovering his identity.