1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Daredevil" Episode 10 "Nelson v Murdock" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Please note, this thread may contain spoilers and references to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"Marvel's Daredevil" is a live action series that follows the journey of attorney Matt Murdock, who in a tragic accident was blinded as a boy but imbued with extraordinary senses. Murdock sets up practice in his old neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen, New York where he now fights against injustice as a respected lawyer by day and masked vigilante at night.

[​IMG]
    Episode 10 "Nelson v Murdock" Talkback
    Friday, April 10, 2015 @ 12 a.m. on Netflix
    Murdock and Foggy's relationship is put to the ultimate test while a new enemy against Fisk emerges.

If you saw the whole season and want to talk about it all:
    #1: "Series Talkback"

2. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This is one of my favorite ones or at least the one I quote with my sister the most since Matt and Foggy's relationship in college has a lot of funny lines ( "You got your peepers knocked out saving that guy!""They weren't knocked out.", "You and me like Maverick and Goose.""Goose died, and he had a wife.", "Look out! I'm blind Matt Murdock!" ) but also it's mirrored nicely with how upsetting it is for both of them to have their friendship dissolve like that.

3. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

All the flashbacks proved is that Franklin "Foggy" Nelson is and always has been a moron in this version. Yes, his feelings were hurt when he learned Matt's dual ID, and it's starting to feel like that's not the only thing coming between him & Matt. After all, there's Karen to consider.

Things can only get better......

4. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Loved the College era flashbacks. Loved the relations of Fisk and his cohorts. Loved the Elektra hint. The best part was the much longer and in depth discussion of vigilantism than Arrow portrayed. It got a little psychological and more internal than I had ever seen before. None of the discussions with Aunt May or Alfred. This was almost intervention-like confrontation about a man who decided to take up the cause of violent vigilantism and going so far to murder people for a singular cause. Fantastic writing. This felt the most like David Mack's influence if I'm not mistaken. Anyways, great stuff.