1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Cybersix: Long lost Foxkids Opening Found

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Simple Fan, Jun 29, 2017.

?

Which Cybersix opening did you originally see?

1. Canadian Opening

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. American Opening

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Simple Fan

Simple Fan New Member

Cybersix is a Canadian 1999 cartoon that also aired in other countries like the US on Foxkids, and they had a different opening that's been lost until now! It's been sitting all alone in the old interwebs but is now accessible on YouTube thanks to a fellow fan. Granted, the quality is horrible but it's still something!

I find it so interesting. We barely know anything else about the Foxkids version, I know they did heavy edits for the episodes and I would like to know more about that too. It would be good material for the Cybersix Wiki.

And another thing! The last verse is sung differently! I wonder if it's from the full 3 minute version? Hmm.

2. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

The opening that aired on Fox Kids was simply a shortened version of the same one that aired in other countries. It's just that other countries aired the full opening instead of shortening for whatever reason (they say it happens if a network wants to run more commercials)...

3. Simple Fan

Simple Fan New Member

Yeah, I read about that in an interview with Barry Whittaker, the scenarist for the cartoon. It was edited to make more room for commercials.
    From what little I heard, it wasn't good.

4. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Of the two clearly the Canadian one is much better, seriously the lyrics and the visuals are too fast and the lyrics are bitter.

5. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

I have no idea why you'd post this but not link to the video lol

Here's the normal version:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Simple Fan

Simple Fan New Member

@Takao Haha I wasn't sure what the rules were for links and I don't know how to anyways. Thanks for doing it for me!