1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom toy- Knight Sonic the Hedgehog

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by HellCat, Aug 2, 2013.

1. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Made this about a year ago but took me ages to get a photo of it. Inspired by the 'Sonic and the Black Knight' game designs, I made this using a Jazwares 1991 Sonic and pieces from a Legend BB Knight Gundam kit. The biggest changes were removing the figures existing hands and legs to replace with the Knight ones. I'd hope to fit the leg armour over the existing legs but had to remove them entirely, glue the armour into the hips and the feet onto the armour legs.

I'd hope to make the visor liftable but found using pre-existing parts didn't give me the right angles. Initially planned to have the visor perma up but figured fixing it down made the look more distinct.

[​IMG]

2. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

That sword looks like the Sword of Omens!

3. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Ancient spirits of lazy! Transform this shameless form into HellCat- THE EVER PLAGIARISING!!

But yeah, odd coincidence. Though it probably explains why I've always felt a gem belongs in the middle of sword hilts. I've got a ton of concepts for actual lifesize swords that I need to actually make sometime.

4. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

It looks good! Stylised sword I'd happily pretend-stab people with!