Crossovers that should've happened but sadly never will

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by dumbfoolkid5, Jun 19, 2014.

1. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 New Member

Anyone else think they should've made a Thundercats, Silverhawks, and Tigersharks crossover tv event? I think so.
    It would've been great to see the heroes and villains interact with one another. I can think of more crossovers to. So tell me what's wrong with crossovers and will we see more crossovers of something?

Also can you think of crossovers you want to see but you know will never happen?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
  2. Getouttamylab!

Getouttamylab! Truth-seekers wanted

Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, and/or Wander Over Yonder in any way. The only one that I could see happening is P&F meets GF, and even that's a really long shot. None is likely to happen since Disney Channel seems to be losing hope/interest in animated shows...AGAIN.

3. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Active Member

I can see Phineas & Ferb crossovering with Kick Buttowski or Jimmy Two Shoes.

4. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Boisterous Bruja

I wouldn't mind a crossover between Adventure Time and Steven Universe. They could do it via a dimensional portal as those have been shown to exist in Adventure Time.

5. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Active Member

I don't know if it necessarily should have happened, but I wouldn't mind seeing a crossover between Chowder and Flapjack.

6. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

I wouldn't mind seeing a PnF/FH crossover if such a thing happened, but considering that FH's last episode aired a few months ago, a PnF/GF crossover is more viable.

7. Itchy

Itchy Scratchy's enemy

Would like to see Tom and Jerry meet Sylvester and Tweety.

8. TheGreatOne2

TheGreatOne2 Member

I would like a Digimon/Pokemon and a Justice League/Avengers Crossovers

9. Spaceman

Spaceman I Am Here

I honestly wonder what a Secret Saturdays/Generator Rex crossover might've been like (since they did the Ben 10/Rex event and even a Ben 10/Saturdays episode on Omniverse despite TSS being dead and buried for almost four years).

Green Lantern TAS/Beware the Batman might've worked as well given that they were stablemate CGI series with many of the same crew. If only either of them had lasted more than one season...

A lot of people fantasize about Adventure Time/Steven Universe and I definitely understand why, but I think Steven Universe/Clarence would make more sense because they share an intrinsic mellowness that AT doesn't have.

The upcoming Disney cartoon Star and the Forces of Evil (for which some official stills were recently released) looks like it might be compatible for a crossover with Wander Over Yonder... though for this to ever happen, Wander (and creator-driven animation in general) would have to become a Disney Channel priority again which unfortunately isn't happening at this rate.

10. ShadowBeast

How about an Advemture Time and Regular Show crossover? since both shows deal with weirdness.

11. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 New Member

It would've been nice to see Fat Albert meet the Archie gang and the Brady kids if they weren't on rival networks.

12. JordanPowers95

JordanPowers95 Professional Nobody

Ever since I was a kid, I've loved the idea of a show having a crossover with another tv show. I'd always draw artwork of characters meeting characters from a completely different show and write crossover fan fiction. I don't know why, but the idea of crossovers really fascinated me as a child.

In terms of what I would like to see done now, a crossover between Rick and Morty and The Venture Bros would have been a lovely special to watch. Knowing how both shows put a lot of emphasis on character development, It would be nice to see how each of the characters from both shows would interact with each other. I'm fairly certain that Rick and Dr. Venture would not get along with each other at all, knowing how similar they are, but the Morty would probably get along very well with Hank and Dean, with Morty being more like Dean was during seasons 1-4 and his relationship with Hank being similar to his relationship with Rick, etc. Knowing how drastically different the art style for both shows are, I don't know how they would be able to pull it off visually.

Superjail and China, IL would probably work great together in a crossover too. Knowing the hectic antics of each character and the crazy events that happen in each of the show's worlds, I think I'd be in for one hell of a ride with those two shows mixed together. Maybe one of the characters from China, IL gets arrested on campus after being falsely accused for a serious offense and the rest of the characters from China IL have to help them escape.

In terms of action shows, Thundercats and Young Justice would have worked well together too, but both shows are cancelled and there's no chance of either one of them coming back on the air again, and even if they did, the chances of a crossover between the shows is very slim.

13. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Kim Possible/Perry the Platypus crossover would have worked wonders. Regular Show/Gravity Falls would work out if they do it right. The obvious Fairly Oddparents/Danny Phantom crossover but what can also Danny Phantom would work with a crossover is with Randy Cunningham.

A bit silly but Wander Over Yonder/Space Dandy i can pic it since both have similar plot even tho the other is a bit more teen and adults orientated :p

14. CyclonatorZ

CyclonatorZ New Member

Batman: The Brave and the Bold meets Batman: The Animated Series and The Batman . It would have been the perfect subject for a DTV movie that could have been made at any time during the former show's three season run. We could have had all three versions of the Bat family and the Justice League band together to fight some multiverse threatening foe, with plenty of gags making fun of all the differences between the shows. Sadly, it will never happen now.

15. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

Another show that could cross over was Breadwinners with Sanjay and Craig, because both shows have some dude-ish factor to them.

16. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 New Member

They've should've done a Scooby Doo and Clue Club crossover. I always imagined them solving a mystery together with Scrappy Doo so their numbers will be even. And I know this will be crazy but I would've like it if they had the theme music of the Superfreinds, and have worked with the rest of the mystery solving gangs, have the theme song of The Super Powers Team and have animation similar to anime.

17. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

18. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Active Member

Considering that both teams are now under the same roof (WB), that's not out of the realm of possibility. By that same token, other MGM/WB crossovers would include:

Porky Pig-Screwy Squirrel
    Elmer Fudd-Barney Bear
    Bugs Bunny and Droopy teaming vs. Cecil Turtle.

Radical, eh?

19. Srebak

Srebak New Member

Here are five of mine:

Teen Titans and Ben 10

The Wild Thornberrys and The Secret Saturdays

Danny Phantom, American Dragon: Jake Long and The Life and Times of Juniper Lee

Kim Possible and American Dragon: Jake Long

Xiaolin Showdown and Avatar: The Last Airbender

20. ShadowBeast

Well I wouldn't have expected them to take place in the same universe.After the whole Marvel crossover special and soon Star Wars crossover special Phineas & Ferb can crossover with pretty much cross with almost any show.