1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Crossovers that never happened---but should've

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by hobbyfan, May 5, 2009.

1. Kenny E. McCall

Kenny E. McCall We fight like cats!

In the More Old Favorites Rebooted Thread, we covered two very different Hanna-Barbera characters that needed to be rebooted: Space Ghost and his villains, and the Impossibles and their villains, even though I'll cover the rest of them later in that thread.

Anyway, I watched the Ben 10 Ultimate Alien episode "Hero Time" recently. It gave me the unbelievable idea for this crossover:

Ben 10/Impossibles: Ben, Kevin, and Gwen attempt to stop a dangerous rogue alien that just destroyed a famous landmark in Bellwood in a nearby town, but with no avail. That is, until they get help from that town's heroes: The Impossibles! They're a family of Plumber's Kids who were adopted by a music producer named Deborah Diamant when they were babies! Multiplex (a Sonorosian (Echo-Echo) version of Multi-Man), Liquidator (a Polymorph (Goop) version of Fluid-Man), Heatwave (a female Pyronite (Heatblast), replacing the classic Coil-Man) and Botanica (a Florauna (Wildvine), another new character, and her sister.) are not only a superteam, but a superband of musicians who happen to be Ben's new favorite band!

It quickly becomes a mutual admiration society when the Impossibles reveal that they are also fans of Ben Tennyson and his adventures, much the same way Ben is a fan of their music! But, trouble comes in the form of a new version of the Diamond Dazzler, a beautiful singer with a connection to the band's mother (her sister, Demetria), who uses her light-based hypnotic powers on her nephews and nieces to get them to commit a series of diamond robberies for her.

Now Ben, Gwen and Kevin must join forces with Debbi to find a way to stop the Impossibles from attempting to break into a local diamond exchange, and to put the screws to the new Diamond Dazzler, Demi, and return the band to normal before it's too late! And, look for the Tennysons and Kevin to jam with the Impossibles (and Debbi to meet Max Tennyson) in this special episode!

Think of this tale as a way to bring the Hanna-Barbera superheroes into the Cartoon Network Studios universe, through the Ben 10 continuity.

Kenny :cool:

2. JTMarsh

JTMarsh Wing Commander

He-Man meets Thundercats would have been fun.

Or the Real Ghostbusters Vs. Mumm-Ra The Everliving. :D

3. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Licensing issues preclude both of those events from ever happening.

Since I reopened the discussion, let's remember that this is about crossovers that should've happened within the framework of the studios (i.e. Hanna-Barbera pairing off Atom Ant and, say, Secret Squirrel), not dream teams that can only be made possible through fan fiction.

Since I tried a Scooby-Doo/Super Friends crossover in this thread, let's try this again, but subbing Scooby & the Mystery, Inc. team with Dynomutt & Blue Falcon. I'll come up with the appropriate plot later, unless someone like Kenny comes along and knocks one outta tha park....

4. JTMarsh

JTMarsh Wing Commander

My bad, my bad. :eek:

5. Eric B

Eric B Active Member

For that matter, the Real Ghostbusters, vs the Original Ghostbusters:
    (someone already did the fanfic)
    http://archive.ghostbusters.net/fanfictionstory/132/ghn/

I would have thought I would have already mentioned this idea in this thread, but apparently I didn't (not in the thread search).