1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Crossover Trouble

Discussion in 'Story Board Workshops' started by SuperSaiyaMan, Jan 1, 2005.

1. SuperSaiyaMan

SuperSaiyaMan Member

Well, I have been thinking of writing a new Lord of the Rings/Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask crossover ever since I got the extended edition of Return of the King. Anybody got any tips?

2. MR.MXYZPTLK

MR.MXYZPTLK Mild Mannered Reporter

hi

this could be good but i read alot of comics and crossovers they never turn out good

3. Xerroo

Xerroo Megas Fan

I did a Homestar Runner/Zelda cross over. I only used Strong Bad, The Cheat, and Strong mad as freelance workers who help Ganon take out Link. Meanwhile Homestar runner is going around hyrule trying to get a glass of melonade.

If you want a cross over to work only use a few characters from a show and not all of them.

Perhaps you could do it like this.

Ganon and Sauron are both working to get the ring of power, for Ganon learns that the Ring of Power combined with the Triforce will lead to unlimited wishing. So while both forces go at each other, Link helps Sam and Frodo drop the ring into the lake of fire at MT. Doom.

4. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

Hello, crossovers are very hard to pull off. In my opinion, I would rather stick to one story then crossing two at once. Sorry, I'm not much help though. I';ll try to find out more informatyion for you in the upcoming week =)

5. Wild Goose

Wild Goose The Accidental Apprentice

Generally, when trying to crossover a series, it's best to look at what could possibly fit, and then crossover.

For example, Ranma 1/2, being fairly self-contained, could be crossed over with any number of anime. Full Metal Panic, what with the whole alternate world of the Cold War continuing up to 2001, would be harder to pull off - but not difficult. Evangelion can be crossed with a number of anime, provided that it's set in the alternate future that is the post-Second Impact world.

Naruto should NEVER be crossed over with anything. The same applies for Gundam - any Gundam.

The same applies for video games as well; generally, the Ace COmbat series cannot be x-overed, and i've yet to see anyone try.