1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Criminal Minds" Season Seven Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by The Penguin, Sep 21, 2011.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Criminal Minds is back tonight with its seventh season. Also back is J.J., who had a meeting with Rossi in the season finale. Still missing from the BAU is Emily Prentiss. The team believes she is dead, save for J.J. who, while with the Pentagon, met her in Paris and gave her a new identity.

I will not "officially" bump this thread weekly, but comments are welcome on any and all episodes.

'Like' Criminal Minds on Facebook
    'Follow' Criminal Minds on Twitter

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "It Takes a Village"
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on CBS
    The BAU team recovers and regroups after the loss of Prentiss during the season six finale.

Season One talkback
    Season Five talkback
    Season Six talkback

CBS.com - Criminal Minds

2. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men
    Staff Member Moderator

That was a helluva premiere. The changing dynamics among the team are clearly going to cause some complications to explore in the future--Prentiss' return and JJ's new intensity for instance. Morgan's clearly furious about Emily being alive when he was sure she'd practically died in his arms. And Reid spending time at the firing range and shooting the woman at the end? Times, they are a changin'. The gang's all back but how well is the team going to operate with trust issues and whatnot?

The groundwork's set for a very, very interesting season. Looking forward to next week.

3. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

"Closing Time"

Bad news, everyone, Paget Brewster to Exit Criminal Minds at the End of the Season. :(

I find that quote to be rather revealing. I was really happy to have Emily back and now we are going to lose her again. I of course wish Paget Brewster the best and understand her choice/desire to do something else. WIth Emily about to be gone again, I want to see two things, the team fully forgive her and for her to not die. I don't know what Emily would do instead, but I'd like to think of her and Sergio happy somewhere. Morgan was considered for the New York office a year or two ago, hopefully they can transfer/promote her.

"You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don't trust enough." - Frank Crane

I really liked that quote from the end of the episode this week. After watching Survivor, I watched the opening with a group of people and they all cringed at the signature of this unsub. There is enough loss by the characters of the city the team visits, I just find myself relieved when characters like the son live.

On a happier note, seeing Hotch with Beth just made me smile. It's nice to see him on the road to being happy in his personal life.

As long as I am here, I want to give a brief mention to last week's "Snake Eyes". It was nice to see Dean Cain again. I felt like his addiction and fascination with the number eight weren't fleshed out enough, but I liked the episode.

4. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm sad to see Paget leaving again. I've really enjoyed having the whole team back together this season. Wonder if Seaver will make her return in season 8.

As for this episode, had to love seeing JJ do some badass hand-to-hand with the unsub (and Reid's subsequent adorable concern) and Hotch getting a kiss! That made me grin like an idiot.

The compactor death scene was one that really had me cringing, too. Brutal.

5. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

My prediction: not unless the first thing said to her is "I love what you've done with your hair." TV producers seem to take actors looking similar very seriously and even though folks like us would have no trouble, someone in a boardroom somewhere would think she looks too much like J.J.

Looking at the IMDb page for Rachel Nichols, she does have plenty of pictures as a brunette (and she had red hair in G.I. Joe). My "research" (Wikipedia and Google images) shows her to be a natural blonde.

The Internet also reminded me that there was a throwaway comment that she joined Andi Swann's team, which is the Domestic Trafficking Task Force from season six's "Supply and Demand".

6. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Member

Wonder who they will get to replace Paget? As she did have a pilot but didn't go through last year and marked her and AJ's return.

Wish her well as love Prentiss. Seaver just didn't have chemistry with the team no offense to the actress that played her.

7. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

"Hit"/"Run" Season Finale May 16, 2012

The two-hour season finale of Criminal Minds is underway on CBS.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Hit"
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on CBS
    When the BAU goes up against a gang of serial-killing bank robbers in Washington, D.C., the team tries to negotiate the situation unfolding inside the bank, but the stakes rise when one of their own becomes a hostages.

"Run" - Season Finale
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 @ 10 p.m. ET/9 CT on CBS
    As the BAU team continues to pursue the bank-robbing serial killers, the team determines that the suspects have a bigger target in the Nation’s capital, and with one of the team still a hostage, they must work quickly to diffuse an explosive situation. Also, wedding bells ring for one of the BAU, and Prentiss ponders her future.