1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Creating a new form of ratings that is community based feasabile

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by patrickyugo, Apr 22, 2012.

1. patrickyugo

patrickyugo Member

Could it be possible for multiple internet communities to join up to create ratings that may be more accurate than nielsen?

2. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Uh, how would that work?

3. Hail-the-Whale

I kind of get what he's saying. There are several websites, such as Trendrr and SocialGuide, that monitor internet discussion/mentions of certain shows on Facebook, Twitter etc.
    If it were possible to somehow incorporate "internet popularity" of a show with the actual viewer numbers, you'd get a clearer picture of the true popularity of a show.

Although, that isn't really what Nielson is for. It's more to do with putting a value on certain advertising timeslots etc (correct me if I'm wrong). So, if Nielson reports a high number of viewers on a certain channel every Friday night between 7-9, that's where people will want to put their commercials.