1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Create your own cartoon show

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by SF4Ever, May 17, 2007.

1. Cullen

Cullen Member

I have a website where I created and copyrighted my own webcomics that have the classic style of those old Saturday Morning variety cartoons.

www.therebusquestwebsite.com

First there's my main cartoon Rebusquest. A continuing funny and educational series about a boy named Carson who gets transported to a magic land where rebus puzzles are a way of life. With the help of a teenage elf girl named Reba, Carson now travels through the many strange lands of Rebusquest, solving many rebus puzzles, hoping that one of them will send him back home.

Second, there's X.O. Seal. A superhero series about a cyborg seal from the future who befriends a teenage girl named Violet and fights crime while trying to avoid Violet's vigilante hating police inspector father.

And third, there's Skelroy and Bonus. The crazy series about two skeletons who love injuring themselves doing crazy motorcycle stunts. Then they give us safety lectures on not doing the stuff they just did.

2. I have a great cartoon show called the regular world of adventure time you will think its cool

3. Lemanic

Lemanic Member

Elevation - A CGI-animated show about the hard lives of the sky-trains of the Chicago L. Combine "Hey Arnold!" with Disneys "Cars" and you'll get it. Starring 8 main characters with the purple line character having a swedish accent. The Blue one is the main character though.

4. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

I see an old thread got bumped.

Also, don't original fiction threads typically go to the Story Board?

5. Eggy

Eggy Member

This is like a fanon series thread.

6. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Back Alley Dogs: A show about dogs who collect stuff they find on the street. Perfect for Disney Channel.
    Some other user made that idea, but I thought that it would be fitting here.

7. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

Hmm, interesting thread. I have a few story ideas. They're originally for a graphic novel/comic book format, but I think two of them can be used as a TV series.

My first story idea is called Agent and Bloom. It's about a pair of superheroes named... Agent and Bloom. Agent is a friendly, laid back fellow who is Bloom's mentor and has cybernetic implants that give him super strength, durability (but not invulnerable), and agility. Bloom is a feisty, courageous person who is Agent's trainee and can magically control plants that she cultivates. While their powers are very different, they both want to clean up the city and Agent can teach Bloom how to be a more effective hero. There will be a few supervillains, such as a ghastly necromancer and a gadgeteer thief that will be recurring antagonists. The series will also focus on the heroes' civilian lives as Dennis Johnson and Nicole Estavez and how they grow on each other, though it's strictly platonic.

Another story idea of mine has the working title of Jester. It's a medieval fantasy series that focuses on a jester and a bard who work as street performers. When their job stop making them enough money as it used to, they decide to take up bounties for extra money; sending them on journeys filled with adventure and danger. The Jester is not just an entertainer, but a practioner in a rare type of magic called slapstick. This allows her to use toon physics in a world that is normally not subject to toon physics. She can access hammerspace, shapeshift her scepter, turn her hands into boxing gloves, and other cartoony gags. The Bard is a musician that knows a few magical songs that do various things like make small rainclouds or make people run faster. His lute can be used as a club, but he tries to avoid damaging it. He's also short and people sometime assume he's a dwarf, but he's just a short human. I haven't thought of any names for my duo, so I'm calling Jester and Bard for now.

8. LugofilmLtd

LugofilmLtd Member

Letters From Lawndale: One part Doug, two parts Animal Crossing, the series begins with a kid named Zack moving to the titular town and follows his day-to-day encounters with the various residents with each episode being framed as a letter to his mom ("This is what happened to me this week..."). While Zack would be the central character in season one, in season two and beyond I would develop the townspeople more so there could be episodes where Zack may only appear briefly or not at all, ultimately making the series about the town as a whole rather than any one character.

9. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Love of Winter (or Winter Love): Korean animated series focused on the love relationship of Lee Sam-Nang and her boyfriend Park Jing-Weok. They question about their relationship and like travelling. It could be the first animated drama, which is something rare in South Korea, and any network over there could pick it up for their primetime programming.
    (There was also an animated series based on Winter Sonata but that doesn't count because it's an anime)