Could the next ben 10 series end up like teen titans go?

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Jazz1000, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

yes it's a long shot, but i could see it happening if teen titans could just be comedy then i wouldn't see it stoping ben 10

2. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

not impossible

3. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Active Member

I kind of see Omniverse as the big step back but that's probably because I'm the only one on this forum who favors Alien Force over the other seasons.

4. Rhaynebow

Rhaynebow Active Member

Aw no, you're not alone. I never watched the first Ben 10 and AF drew me in.

That being said, the Ben 10 Franchise can't really get the TTG treatment because there aren't enough characters, that could be pitched as a group and capable of carrying a comedic series. Unless the omnitrix aliens somehow could appear at the same time, Ben 10 is too adventure-y to be re-vamped as such.

5. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Me every Thursday

I'm honestly not sure if we'll even get another Ben 10, CN isn't treating Omniverse that well (not that I want another series anyways). IDK about how the toys are selling.

6. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

What about Ben, Gwen, Kevin, Rook and Grandpa Max?

However, I actually hope Omniverse will be the last series...

7. Mostezli

Mostezli Member

It's bad enough there were/are shows trying to emulate that clash of styles/tones the original Teen Titans made famous,

but to have another needlessly long MADtv/Robot Chicken skit as the next iteration of a franchise...of this franchise
    (Omniverse should be the worst it could possibly get)
    would definitely be a new low.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  8. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Ya know, I actually wouldn't mind that. A more comedic take on Ben 10 where he's back to 10 years old would be pretty cool. A reboot of sorts, where his 15-16 old self shows up due to time travel shenanigans. I would be willing to check that so long as it's actually funny. It's really all in the execution.

9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I actually like Alien Force as well, or at least the first two seasons of it. I didn't care much for the original Ben 10 series, but Alien Force looked and sounded more interesting to me. I find Omniverse enjoyable for the most part, but I would still say that Alien Force was better in a few ways at least.

I would hope that the next series, assuming that there is another one after Omniverse, won't be like Teen Titans Go. They could maybe make the concept work with better execution and it might not be as jarring with this series compared to how they turned the Teen Titans characters into basically jerks, but since I don't care for Teen Titans GO at all, I would rather not see them try to do the same thing with another series.

10. Trombone77

Trombone77 Member

As far as a new take on Ben 10, I don't really see comedy being its next step, especially since this series is supposed to be the comedic take. Plus, I honestly don't see CN getting another Ben 10 series unless they are really greedy for it. This series had its ups and downs in viewership (but mostly downs), and has also been mistreated numerous times by CN. It doesn't seem like CN has the same passion for Saturday morning cartoons as it did back in 2005. Plus, you have to consider that CN has several comedy series that are doing well already. Why should it try to convert an action-adventure series into a comedy that might not perform well when it has 6 originals that can do the job better?

I agree with you on there. I watched some episodes from both the original series and AF, and I really enjoyed the first two seasons of AF. However, I don't know if my reason is the same as yours. I enjoyed it because we actually got to see Ben in a more amiable light: responsible, humble, and polite. However, CN seemed to believe that boys 6-14 gravitate towards reckless, idiotic, and arrogant male characters, so they reverted Ben to this in the third season, which I hated the most. They basically made a 15/16 year old guy act like a 10 year old boy again. There's being young at heart, and then there's being just plain immature.

But, I digress. I can't see another Ben 10 series, unless they want to make another series or at least a TV movie to acknowledge the franchises 10th anniversary (which I'm not sure they are going to celebrate on Dec. 27, 2015 (the sneak peak premiere) or in 2016 (when the series actually premiered)). And if there is another series, I can't see it being a comedy.

11. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

They already do, it is called Omniverse.

12. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Banned

Compatriot,

kinda agree with ya. the animation is much more simplistic than the other series and while there's still continuity and action, omniverse seems a lot more comedy driven than the others.

if they do another ben 10 series i hope it focuses on the adult ben from ben 10,000 but i doubt that will ever happen.

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

That was one of the reasons why I liked the first couple of seasons of Alien Force. Ben actually seemed older, a bit wiser and was doing a good job as a leader for the most part. It actually felt like he had matured in between the end of the original series and when Alien Force started. I remember people complaining that he was boring, but I would have rather seen Ben stay like that than being reverted to having the maturity of a ten year old with the added bonus of a giant sized ego. At least Ben was tolerable/likable for the most part during those two seasons.

I'm not sure of Omniverse is on the same level as Teen Titans Go. Omniverse is more light-hearted than the last couple of series, but there actually is continuity, helping/saving people/aliens is actually important, rather than just thrown to the side for the characters to be in sitcom-like scenarios or kill each other for the shake of comedy and there have been story arcs. Teen Tians Go on the other hand is complete comedy with little to no continuity or any storyline as far as I know.

14. Mostezli

Mostezli Member

I sort of get people are joking, but in case...
    You can add to the fact that Omniverse's humor, or rather most of its dialogue, is exclusively banter between team-mates & villains.
    So, the analogy barely works.
    It's a "punny" action show, but it is not yet a full-on parody.

15. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    I don't think CN should focus on Ben 10, anymore.....

16. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

there more then that. i mean if cn made some kind of Ben 10 show with just comedy, it would be treated different then how they do with omniverse now yes i really don't think they should make anorther ben 10, but as if i see CN could doing something like this it feels more like that they are but i could be wrong about this, and they may continued doing on what ben 10 been

now in more terms it could take on something different with it's comedy, like steven universe for example or Adventure Time/Regular Show type, i can't say that do want one, but i would love to see how it could take if they did right, despite that i enjoy watch TTGO alot,

17. Nexonius

Nexonius Formerly John Dorian

I remember hearing TAG Blog stating that one of CN's beloved shows are coming to an end. Since it's clearly not talking about either Regular Show or Adventure Time since they got renewed, I believe Ben's not getting another series after Omniverse.

18. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Browns!

How come? Not that I'm against your opinion (I'm done with Ben 10 myself), but I'd like to know your reasons as to why you don't want Cartoon Network to continue this franchise.

19. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Well, there are still 30 Omniverse episodes to air so it's definitely not over yet.
    Well, almost everybody is done with Ben 10, right? The ratings for it really aren't that good as they used to be.

I personally think it should have stopped in Spring 2009, with 52 original episodes, 1 (bad) live-action movie and 26 Alien Force episodes.

20. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

Omniverse is more Ben 10 than UAF ever was. ¬~