1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Could Mickey And The Roadster Racers Be Adored Like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse?

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by SweetShop209, Jun 16, 2017.

1. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Mickey And The Roadster Racers is not connected to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. However, since this is also a Mickey show designed for Disney Junior (even having a roughly identical crew as MMC), the show is more or less riding off the success of that series. This makes me wonder if this show could be adored like its predecessor, whether it's stuff like being a long runner, being renewed for more seasons, and so forth. The show already has signs of this:

1. Unlike most other Disney Junior shows, this show premiered with two days of new episodes over Martin Luther King weekend as opposed to Friday's like the rest of the series. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse premiered on a Friday night before its regular Saturday morning time slot, and then switching to a Friday morning time slot around 2011.

2. The show received a regular slot almost right out of the gate as it premiered, and is shown multiple times a day. MMC was only shown on weekends before having weekday encores 4 months later.

3. The show was renewed for a second season two months after it premiered.

With that said, could the series be adored like its predecessor?

2. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

I don't know if it will be as well loved as Clubhouse. But it should be, considering it's several times more tolerable. It's a favorite in our house.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. SweetShop209

This thread isn't about the quality of the two shows. It's about if Mickey And The Roadster Racers will be adored like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Besides, MMC isn't loved that much by the periphery demographic, but is a huge hit with the target demographic, hence its 10 year life span.

4. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Uhhh, okay...

There's no real way of knowing right now if the target demo will embrace this like they did the earlier show. But it's entirely possible.

That said, I think there's nothing wrong with using this thread to discuss the quality of this show in relation to its staying power and/or popularity. I mean, why not right?

5. SweetShop209

Go ahead

6. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

I'll have to say yes.